• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darrell Bevell fired

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not exactly sad that Bevell is gone, but when you consider that the main problems for the offense were the offensive line and the running game, both things that Cable was directly responsible for, it's difficult for me to put too much blame on Bevell. Yes, he was the one who called the plays and those plays were frustratingly predictable a few too many times, but I keep going back to the fact that Cable also had the title of Assistant Head Coach and it still makes me wonder if having that title led to issues between him and Bevell in terms of how to run the offense.

Again, I'm not absolving Bevell of his part in the failures the offense had over the years and as the offensive coordinator the responsibility ultimately fell to him when things went wrong, but with a little bit of time to absorb things and a little perspective, it's not so clear cut that he was the biggest problem the offense had. I know there will always be people who will have a hate-on for Bevell, but I believe that to be even more irrational now than it was when he was here and most people assumed he had absolute control over the offense. It's time to move on and focus on what a new group of coaches (hopefully with a more clearly defined hierarchy than before) are going to do for the offense going forward.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a change was needed, things were flat and stale on offense and defense... hitting the reset button I think will prove beneficial ... I wonder if Bevell will get hired by anyone else ? I guess the Colts are looking at him...