• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Danny Green Enjoying a Career Renaissance in Toronto

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2018-12-14_23-53-45.png

Widely viewed as the throw-in to the Kawhi Leonard trade and rightfully so, Danny Green is quietly having a nice season for the first-place Raptors. Though he's always been a solid defender, Green didn't shoot the ball particularly great in his final three seasons with the Spurs. Because of this, I had been an advocate that San Antonio had needed more than just a glue guy at the two-guard spot, but with the change of scenery came a bit of a revival for Green at age 31, and through 25 game he has enjoyed a resurgence year with numbers closer to his early-career levels, averaging 10.0 points per game on 43.8 percent shooting as of Dec. 5.

Among Green's highlights this season include a 16-point, six-rebound effort in a win at Charlotte on Oct. 22, as well as a game-winner at Orlando on Nov. 20.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=120&v=WmDQ9XOSV_g

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction:

YOU thought Danny Green was a throw in on this deal.

When you made your assanine Kawhi trade post back in July, I correctly told you that Danny Green was better than both players you had the Spurs returning. Yet, you still keep doubling down on your own stupidity.

Danny Green is the type of role player every good team needs. He is a fantastic wing defender and a good 3 point shooter despite his struggles in 16-18. 3 and D wings are vital in today's' game, and Green is a 3 and D wing with championship experience.

And you didn't advocate for the Spurs to get more than a glue guy. You advocated for them to Bazemore (bad contract) and Carroll (washed up, mediocre offensive player).

In other words, like in most cases, you were wrong.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been fantastic both on and off of the court.
True pro. Very likable. Clutch and plays great defense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction:

When you made your assanine Kawhi trade post back in July, I correctly told you that Danny Green was better than both players you had the Spurs returning. Yet, you still keep doubling down on your own stupidity.

Danny Green is the type of role player every good team needs. He is a fantastic wing defender and a good 3 point shooter despite his struggles in 16-18. 3 and D wings are vital in today's' game, and Green is a 3 and D wing with championship experience.

And you didn't advocate for the Spurs to get more than a glue guy. You advocated for them to Bazemore (bad contract) and Carroll (washed up, mediocre offensive player).

Poor Cane :tsk:

He is so desperate to save his "much maligned trade idea" that he's trying to spin anything he can to try to make it look good.

Gotta give him credit for persistence, I guess. :noidea:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Cane :tsk:

He is so desperate to save his "much maligned trade idea" that he's trying to spin anything he can to try to make it look good.

Gotta give him credit for persistence, I guess. :noidea:

Ramming your head into a brick wall doesn't get better with repetition...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramming your head into a brick wall doesn't get better with repetition...

I don't know man. Cane seems pretty convinced that his head is harder than any brick wall. :noidea:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who creates a thread that actually points out they were wrong about something but they are too dumb to realize this before making the thread? lolz well here is one example of many

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who creates a thread that actually points out they were wrong about something but they are too dumb to realize this before making the thread? lolz well here is one example of many

LOL that had nothing to do with it. It was strictly about acknowledging a solid vet for having a good season.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction:

His career had plateaued in SA. The change of scenery was in fact needed.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His career had plateaued in SA. The change of scenery was in fact needed.

Maybe so.

But he is still a better basketball player than DeMare Carroll and Kent Bazemore. Always has been.

And the sad thing was Danny Green was your throw in on a Kawhi deal for those 2 bums.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Green at age 31 for Toronto as of today.
PER 11.6 as a starter
Career Low Defensive Box +/- as a starter
Career Low Defensive Rating as a starter
Career Low as Value over Replacement player rating

Everyone is scoring 115 points per game now. 3 years ago everyone was scoring 95 points per game.
Don't get confused by his raw offensive numbers being higher.
With an exponential leap in scoring thanks to a stupid rule change the raw stats are gaudy for many NBAers.

Advanced Metrics tell a difrent story.

It is fare more muddled.
Danny Green is one of my favorite players, but this is not a renaissance breakthrough season.
He is simply on a better roster in a year of accelerated overall offensive stats for the league.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Green at age 31 for Toronto as of today.
PER 11.6 as a starter
Career Low Defensive Box +/- as a starter
Career Low Defensive Rating as a starter
Career Low as Value over Replacement player rating

Everyone is scoring 115 points per game now. 3 years ago everyone was scoring 95 points per game.
Don't get confused by his raw offensive numbers being higher.
With an exponential leap in scoring thanks to a stupid rule change the raw stats are gaudy for many NBAers.

Advanced Metrics tell a difrent story.

It is fare more muddled.
Danny Green is one of my favorite players, but this is not a renaissance breakthrough season.
He is simply on a better roster in a year of accelerated overall offensive stats for the league.
Fair enough but he is a great teamate and veteran pressence for some of these ypung Raptors.
He has been absolutley fantastic on and off of the court

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is scoring 115 points per game now.
:wtf:

Yes, he played in a better-established defensive culture under Pop than he currently is under a rookie HC.

It's not even that his scoring average is really that much higher. It's that he's shooting the ball more efficiently this year, closer to his earlier-career levels and Finals years.

There's more reasons than just one for why Toronto currently holds the best record in the NBA.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so.

But he is still a better basketball player than DeMare Carroll and Kent Bazemore. Always has been.

And the sad thing was Danny Green was your throw in on a Kawhi deal for those 2 bums.

Not that it has anything to do with the topic at hand, but the point you're missing is that certain players fit better in a Popovich system than with any other team, and vice versa. Bazemore and Carroll profile the type of players that would likely fit better in a Pop system, because of their defensive mentality.

If I ever saw Popovich again, I would ask him about these two in particular. I was only a freshman in HS when I encountered him the first time, quite some time ago...

Merry Christmas.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it has anything to do with the topic at hand, but the point you're missing is that certain players fit better in a Popovich system than with any other team, and vice versa. Bazemore and Carroll profile the type of players that would likely fit better in a Pop system, because of their defensive mentality.

If I ever saw Popovich again, I would ask him about these two in particular. I was only a freshman in HS when I encountered him the first time, quite some time ago...

Merry Christmas.

Danny Green fits wonderfully in a Popovich system.

And you don't ever trade a dollar for -15 cents. Which is what your trade would have been. Bazemore and Carroll don't even have positive trade value.

And Merry Xmas to you too!

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Green fits wonderfully in a Popovich system.

And you don't ever trade a dollar for -15 cents. Which is what your trade would have been. Bazemore and Carroll don't even have positive trade value.

And Merry Xmas to you too!

You don't have to like the trade and I'll let that part go, but I know I would love to have DeMarre Carroll on the Nuggets, even as a backup.

Especially with LeBron now in the west, we lack that extra physical physical defender on the perimeter in the wake of the Wilson Chandler trade.