• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Danny Ainge happy with the Celtics growth

eddies2010

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Ainge is always looking to make moves that will improve the team and has a great confidence in what this team can become. “He seemed very confident about where the Celtics are and where they are headed.”

Thomsen said that from his point of view the Celtics are in weaker spot than the previous rebuild. “Back then they had Paul Pierce, that was a magnet ... When you look at the Celtics right now they don’t have anyone that is close to Paul Pierce.”

The Celtics are in the middle of a playoff race and that can be extremely beneficial to the young guys on the team like Marcus Smart and James Young. “I think making a playoff run right now and even making it into the playoffs if that’s possible would be helpful for guys like Marcus Smart and James Young, to give them that experience and enable them to hasten their growth. All of that stuff that you can’t learn unless you experience it. That experience is going to help them.”

Here's a link to the full story Ian Thomsen: Danny Ainge Loves Where the Boston Celtics Are

CelticPride89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who feels like we are screwing ourselves by overachieving? If we have no chance at making a run, i'd rather have a lotto pick. Prefferably bottom 3 in the league.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who feels like we are screwing ourselves by overachieving? If we have no chance at making a run, i'd rather have a lotto pick. Prefferably bottom 3 in the league.

No you're not alone in this thinking.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as concerned because they have so many picks the next couple of years and the Net's don't look like they are going to be very good and Boston has their picks in 2016, and 2018 and can switch in 2017 and with all the picks it doesn't matter if they are the #1 overall each year Boston either gets them or can get the pick.