• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Danm it, we cant even make a good move without some one coming after us

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diversity group files complaint over Redskins GM search - The Washington Post

Fritz Pollard group has filed a complaint over us hiring our new GM.

Wooten also said: “We feel it violates the tampering rules and it was part of them trying to get around the Rooney Rule. I don’t think it violated the letter of the [Rooney] rule. It violated the spirit of the rule. Rod Graves is top shelf. But it seems like they were just trying to satisfy the rule so they could hire Scot McCloughan.

I only mention this because Im sure we all remember what happened the last time we didnt violate the letter of the rules, but the "spirit" of the rule.

In other words, pucker up boys and girls. :L

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Mara just popped a woody.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Mara just popped a woody.

ON the bright side, the last time the league hit some one on a tampering charge, it only cost them a 5th rounder and a swap of 3rd's with the offended party.

On the dark side, as you mention... Mara is probably looking for ways to hit us on this one already.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if you hired a dyslexic, cross gendered, handicapped Native American?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if you hired a dyslexic, cross gendered, handicapped Native American?

Dude.. the Rooney Rule is hogwash. You cant seriously force teams to interview just in the hopes that one of the minority candidates will surprise and be hired. As a black man I would rather be hired or even call for an interview based on my merits, not because the company has to comply with some sort of forced interview process.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
You are correct sir! Kudos!!

What if we said the reverse is also true and the make up of an NFL team would have to reflect the race ratios in America?

The game would suck and it would draw as many fans as field hockey.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this doesn't mean a whole lot, but the league had to approve our hiring of this guy and give us the go ahead which means they believed we satisfied the Rooney Rule.

Seriously, do we still need this rule? Hasn't every team been enlightened enough to want to hire the best candidate regardless of race? If not, then they will eventually pay dearly with losing teams.
What about gender? Will they next demand that a certain number of women be interviewed so as not to seem discriminatory toward females?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rooney rule is garbage and racist to every other race

Its not limited to African Americans. It says you have to interview minorities. That could be anyone from any race other than white.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this doesn't mean a whole lot, but the league had to approve our hiring of this guy and give us the go ahead which means they believed we satisfied the Rooney Rule.

Seriously, do we still need this rule? Hasn't every team been enlightened enough to want to hire the best candidate regardless of race? If not, then they will eventually pay dearly with losing teams.
What about gender? Will they next demand that a certain number of women be interviewed so as not to seem discriminatory toward females?

My main concern is that this isnt the first time we violated no rules,the league approved everything we did at the time, then we got screwt on the back end. Maybe I just still got a sour taste in my mouth for how they laid the smack down 24 hours before the draft after we made the RG3 trade. But until i hear the league actually come out and say we did nothing wrong and nothing will come of it, I just see Mara thinking... how could we best take advantage of this to hurt a division rival.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not limited to African Americans. It says you have to interview minorities. That could be anyone from any race other than white.

Agreed!

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they would. I'd sue everybody.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rooney rule has opened doors and made pathways available to minority hires that prior to its' implementation were non-existent. That said a current look at front offices around the league, with very few exceptions would tend to give the impression that nothing as changed since 1950.

If you accept that notion, then you must now, also accept the notion that the Rooney rule is NOT the proper forum upon which corporate America hires (and fires) qualified minority candidates to white collar careers.This distinction must be made clear because the NFL which does have certain exemptions cannot be exempted from current law, policies and practices that govern hiring and firing in the greater (Corporate) society. If that begins with a rule (Rooney) that clearly states a "must INTERVIEW" aspect to it........against that backdrop....it would seem a bit redundant.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty... its still a joke and yet another one of the politically correct forced compliance BS rules.

The hypocrisy is deafening here.......to state...."yet another one of the politically correct forced compliance BS rules." means essentially that a person would have to be almost onto an island by him/her self. Any man who has a woman knows political/ societal correctness. As does anyone who works, own their own business, attends church or not, is interested in politics or interacts with others in any other forum including this one. (There are rules, you know)

Maybe it's the rules that people just don't like that bothers them, but what of the people that are bothered by the stance that they take? Fuck 'em right? That's exactly what they are saying!!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

I also think the Rooney Rule is a joke. An organization decides they want coach X but have to bring a minority just to follow the rule. Meanwhile the minority has no shot and is just being used.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would it look bad if we fired raheem morris now?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM going to say.. .Hell no.

:agree: it would look like we are finally putting results on the field ahead of results off the field. Raheem has done very little to develop the multiple young players we have given him over the last few years. Our secondary is worse than its ever been. Cut out the non performers and get someone in here that knows how to develop talent. We have 2 young corners and one young safety that have shown potential. They have also shown weaknesses. We need to get them trained now before we lose them to failure like the 4 or 5 that have gone before them.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL issued a statement already saying the REDSKINS didn't violate the Rooney Rule. They merely didn't follow it to a tee and submit to the league office they were interviewing a minority. With that being said, a committee consisting of Wooten will look for anything to jump on the Skins right about now. In any case its a non-issue as the league sent out a blanket statement notifying all teams to not only ask for permission to interview coaching candidates, but to report it to the NFL office before doing so.