• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daniel Nava, the All Star?

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won’t happen, because he is not on the ballot… I was surprised to hear some Boston writers even suggest it – then I read that he is 1st in OBP, 2nd in RBI & 4th in OPS among outfielders…. Crazy that this kid from the independent leagues is having a great year….

I love at bats like this:

With Ellsbury on third base and two outs in the third inning, Rays starter Chris Archer fell behind Nava 3-and-0. Nava took the next pitch for a called strike then fouled off five consecutive pitches before jumping on a slider over the plate and driving it over the fence in right field.

Daniel Nava keeps playing like an All-Star - Extra Bases - Red Sox blog

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won’t happen, because he is not on the ballot… I was surprised to hear some Boston writers even suggest it – then I read that he is 1st in OBP, 2nd in RBI & 4th in OPS among outfielders…. Crazy that this kid from the independent leagues is having a great year….

I love at bats like this:

Daniel Nava keeps playing like an All-Star - Extra Bases - Red Sox blog

Nava definitely has the numbers to make a good case. Unfortunately it would take a massively driven write-in campaign to get it done. He's not having the quintessential monster year that can get that accomplished.