• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daniel Bullocks to be Safeties Coach

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big time name in the NE, didn't know he was even a big time position coach

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big time name in the NE, didn't know he was even a big time position coach

Jags assistant DB coach last year and a couple of BFE jobs.

Not nearly enough recruiting connections.

Zero in fact.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jags assistant DB coach last year and a couple of BFE jobs.

Not nearly enough recruiting connections.

Zero in fact.
That was my initial concern, at any big time program, minus Bama, coaching comes second to recruiting

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already have enough acknowledgement with Parella of what Blackshirt defense is about. Another one would just seem like pandering.

I love Bullocks and I'm sure he'll be a great coach some day, but this is not a time to hold a guys hand. Especially if he doesn't have the rolodex for recruiting.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already have enough acknowledgement with Parella of what Blackshirt defense is about. Another one would just seem like pandering.

I love Bullocks and I'm sure he'll be a great coach some day, but this is not a time to hold a guys hand. Especially if he doesn't have the rolodex for recruiting.
Don't know anything about Bullocks as a coach, but recruiting prowess in the secondary is not nearly as big of a concern as other positions.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know anything about Bullocks as a coach, but recruiting prowess in the secondary is not nearly as big of a concern as other positions.

It's a concern ALWAYS. It's all hands on deck.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a concern ALWAYS. It's all hands on deck.
Agreed, just saying it is not as much of a concern at that position. Riley's AC hires have been pretty decent lately, so I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. I thought Parella was a bad idea and he's turned out pretty good.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no expert, but recruiting prowess is about personality, not necessarily about ties. Sure the ties to certain regions help and already knowing coaches, but someone with a good personality and just open to talking football with HS coaches can make those ties relatively quickly. Coaching on the other hand isn't something you can just stumble in and do, you have to be good at teaching, you have know how to teach it different ways, not all kids learn the same.

Daniel if his wiki page is accurate, has roughly the same college coaching experience as John did, plus he just did a year in the NFL, doesn't seem like it would be a horrible hire if he has the personality to recruit.

Bullocks served as the defensive secondary coach for the University of Northern Iowa from 2012 to 2014. On January 19, 2015, Bullocks was announced as the cornerbacks coach for Eastern Michigan University under head coach Chris Creighton.[3] On January 22, 2016, Bullocks was announced as the assistant defensive backs coach with the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League.[4]