• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dana's Revelation... in 2012

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a quote supporting what I've been saying about Dana the last 3 years...

And Holgorsen had a revelation.

“We just weren't very good,” Holgorsen said. “It was nauseating to me. Seeing the Big 12 offenses, how good they were, I thought we needed to do something different. I made that decision to change some things.”

Holgorsen didn't double down on offense. That's what Leach might have done. That's what Kingsbury appears to have done at Texas Tech. But Holgorsen put more emphasis on recruiting defense (something Mike Gundy did at OSU a few years ago). Holgorsen considered his defense when putting together offensive game plans. He made the offense and defense partners instead of isolated units who happened to share a wardrobe. Holgorsen also shuffled his staff, hiring Tony Gibson to coach safeties in 2013 and promoting Gibson to defensive coordinator in 2014.

“Been on the right track the last couple of years,” Holgorsen said. “That kind of thing doesn't happen overnight. It's a mentality.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. People in Stillwater can see this but our own can't. Too many people in these parts think we should be mentioned in the same breath as 'Bama or tOSU. We are not even close. Getting better, but not even on the level of Clemson or Oklahoma. We have/had a coach who wants to be here and is building a balanced program. The next coach better be a significant improvement. Amazing so many want to run off a coach who gets it because they think we should have won the Big 12 already. They want to compare A coach who headed the program while coaching in the Big East to a first time head coach who is coaching in the Big 12. Now THAT is the ultimate definition of being delusional.