• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dana

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't notice that but your are right. Good as gone?

I don't know...just odd....Huggin's barely has the season underway and he's slapping him on the back...Dana is likely headed for a 10 win season and he pays him no personal accolades is classless

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too funny. Volleyball had a 12-18 record and ended the season with a 6 game losing streak. Lyin' Shane Lyons at it again. Lyon bastard...I mean lying bastard.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes you wonder what the plan really is. I would expect him to talk up the coach a week before he announces an extension.

Obviously there is some disagreement between the two of them...and it appears IMHO that EGO is a major factor here...and when EGO comes into play...train wrecks happen..

I know we have as a collective group beat the trials and tribulations of how Dana got here and what the guy had to deal with in becoming HC..transitioning a team to a new conference..then have the two guys who got him to Morgantown ( Clements/Luck) both gone and no real booster to have his back it appears like (Kendrick/Rich)..since none of them seem to be chiming in...that what he has done to get this program where it is, is amazing....DAD OLIVER LUCK DID MAKE A GREAT HIRE BTW!! ...sorry, just felt to compelled to throw that in there for some reason.:eyebrows:.. But it's even more unusual that the press hasn't pushed at this point to ask what the heck is going on...like they have been specifically told behind the scenes not to drill into it...if so that would be disappointing..always thought Casazza had the sack to stir things up...or maybe they do know and its not good news and they do not want to disrupt a great season and will write about it after the Baylor game..

Its all got to come out soon...if not the program will begin to see some of the not so filled already recruiting class start to dwindle further for sure in case anyone hasn't noticed...recruiting has come to a complete standstill and SHANE LYONS OWNS THIS!..he is getting ready to set this program back 5 years...

Speaking of the press...wonder how my old friend Mickey would have been writing about Dana these days...:scratch:

Sorry ..I digress again......:lol:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too funny. Volleyball had a 12-18 record and ended the season with a 6 game losing streak. Lyin' Shane Lyons at it again. Lyon bastard...I mean lying bastard.

AMAZING...how did this guy get this job?.......I know...he's a WV born and raised...so I guess that's all you need on a resume...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hertzel wrote an article yesterday saying the deal was nearly done.

Snyder: College football has sold out to TV

Dana Holgorsen, we are told, is on the verge of agreeing to a new deal, maybe even this week, to be announced following the season, which well may reach $6 million by the time it reaches its final year.

On the subscriber board at scout, a guy said the contract has been signed and an announcement will be coming after the BU game Saturday. It was said, Dana did not go after big money.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hertzel wrote an article yesterday saying the deal was nearly done.

Snyder: College football has sold out to TV

Dana Holgorsen, we are told, is on the verge of agreeing to a new deal, maybe even this week, to be announced following the season, which well may reach $6 million by the time it reaches its final year.

On the subscriber board at scout, a guy said the contract has been signed and an announcement will be coming after the BU game Saturday. It was said, Dana did not go after big money.

Doesn't surprise me...Dana doesn't come across as a guy after the money grab...but I am positive that more control over the program and the Assistants Contracts had to be a part of it..

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't surprise me...Dana doesn't come across as a guy after the money grab...but I am positive that more control over the program and the Assistants Contracts had to be a part of it..

BTW who doesn't love Snyder??

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read Dana requested improvements to the training/rehab facilities... coaches offices and meeting rooms.

I'm sure he also advocated for his coaches. He was hurt by Shane's original position not to award them multi-year contracts.

Of course, Shane being the dumb fuck that he is... told the press multi-year contracts were done for coordinators only... following national trends. After the CB coach left for VT... he secured his football coaches to muliti-year contracts.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By my assessment, Dana may be here longer than either Gee or Lyons. I think Dana wins the award for best performance by a coach on the hot seat.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By my assessment, Dana may be here longer than either Gee or Lyons. I think Dana wins the award for best performance by a coach on the hot seat.

James Franklin is the front runner IMO.....

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazes me (though it shouldn't ) that his 200th isn't getting more attention from the media. Guess wading through the playoff committee BS is far more riveting to them...

Just a classy guy...and one HELL of a football coach!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Lyons got off cheap. Good,to see, now let's get some recruits.

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana Rips Into Playoff Committee, Praises Team's Resolve
This doesn't do any good, and when coaches start whining about rankings, the next game is almost always lost. WVU played TWO ranked teams this year, and lost both, shut up and coach the team.
Sorry, I see it a little different. I agree it doesn't do much good with the committee that already has a mindset. However, I believe it shows his team, and fans that he is willing to stand up and fight for them. He held his tongue until the regular season was over, and that shows restraint. He did not say anything different than most of us have said and thought, when you have 3 loss teams, and even a 4 loss Auburn team ranked above us.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I see it a little different. I agree it doesn't do much good with the committee that already has a mindset. However, I believe it shows his team, and fans that he is willing to stand up and fight for them. He held his tongue until the regular season was over, and that shows restraint. He did not say anything different than most of us have said and thought, when you have 3 loss teams, and even a 4 loss Auburn team ranked above us.
In the end it is name, nothing else, WVU does not have the name that makes TV sets tune in. "They" have claimed a conference championship means a LOT, but they will put OSU in the playoff, even though they didn't even win they half of the B11. If anyone has a gripe it is Western Michigan, they have won them all, and don't even get a sniff of the big ring. WVU was on the big stage twice this year, and looked like bumbling stooges both times, our season was measured by that first half against Oklahoma by most in the media, and by the committee, had we not turned over the ball so many times gifting OKST such a cushion, we would be top 10 easily. The B12 is WAY down this year, and SOS counts as well to these guys, only WVU and Baylor didn't lose OOC, and only four teams are above .500, The system is what it is, quit bitching, the whole purpose of the Bowl Alliance, Bowl Coalition, BCS, and "playoff" are to give the pundits the power to exclude the non name teams, they could never let 1984 happen again.