• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak sounds ready

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good article by Todd Archer on ESPN.com about Dak and some changes in mechanics. He sounds confident and obviously has put in a lot of work this off season. Sounds like he has lost some weight too - not sure he needed to do that. Today is the first day I think. Can’t wait.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it’s tomorrow that is the first practice. Today Jerry will make his speech.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good article by Todd Archer on ESPN.com about Dak and some changes in mechanics. He sounds confident and obviously has put in a lot of work this off season. Sounds like he has lost some weight too - not sure he needed to do that. Today is the first day I think. Can’t wait.

Thanks for the update but if you could give me the highlights on here as I will never click on an espn link.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When your always running for your life ...it's just better to be lighter.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m bad at posting links. It mainly just talks about him using his whole body to throw instead of just his arm. It talked about how he studied a lot of other QBs on how they handle the pass rush. Instead of taking off moving a bunch, just slide away. It’s minor things that we probably won’t notice but I always like to hear an athlete excited and confident.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really worried about Dak as much as I am the defense. If they can't stop 'em what Dak does won't matter.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really worried about Dak as much as I am the defense. If they can't stop 'em what Dak does won't matter.
Both are important. After last year, I am worried about both.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are important. After last year, I am worried about both.

While I get that, Dak is gonna be fine, and probably better without Dez. Hopefully the linebacker they drafted can help solidify the D, and with some returning players off suspension the D line can get some pressure on the qb.
I think they were close to the bottom of the league last year in sacks?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I get that, Dak is gonna be fine, and probably better without Dez. Hopefully the linebacker they drafted can help solidify the D, and with some returning players off suspension the D line can get some pressure on the qb.
I think they were close to the bottom of the league last year in sacks?
I agree. I would feel a whole lot better about the D with ET at safety. Come on Jerry make the move!!

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I would feel a whole lot better about the D with ET at safety. Come on Jerry make the move!!

Yep. It's a perfect fit. He's a Texas guy, and loves the Cowboys, plus, he brings the wood. Also, Jerry continually goes over the cap, so why not?

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Oikos tastes better since Dak became the spokesman.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Another focus was on the depth of his drops from center, which were too long "
Agree with this. If Williams is good we have the best C/G combo in the league. Tuck in behind those guys and trust them and don't drop back deeper than you are supposed to. I understand why he did it (he was getting creamed) but I felt there were a lot of snaps last year where Dak was way too deep. Your Tackles have to assume that there is a depth where it is safe to let the DE go around them and keep pushing them. A couple of times that ended up being right into Dak last year because he was so deep. His footwork has also been an issue from time to time. Again though, easy to say keep your feet quiet from our couches. I think the whole passing game will benefit from him getting the ball out quickly and spreading it around to different guys. But, the contradictory part of that is it is hard to get it to your 4th option quickly. Very excited for football. Go Cowboys!!!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Another focus was on the depth of his drops from center, which were too long "
Agree with this. If Williams is good we have the best C/G combo in the league. Tuck in behind those guys and trust them and don't drop back deeper than you are supposed to. I understand why he did it (he was getting creamed) but I felt there were a lot of snaps last year where Dak was way too deep. Your Tackles have to assume that there is a depth where it is safe to let the DE go around them and keep pushing them. A couple of times that ended up being right into Dak last year because he was so deep. His footwork has also been an issue from time to time. Again though, easy to say keep your feet quiet from our couches. I think the whole passing game will benefit from him getting the ball out quickly and spreading it around to different guys. But, the contradictory part of that is it is hard to get it to your 4th option quickly. Very excited for football. Go Cowboys!!!

That is the key to Dak IMO, get rid of the ball and don't hold it too long. I just hope it was more of a reciever's not getting open problem last year. And with the new ones, it won't be much of an issue this year.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it’s tomorrow that is the first practice. Today Jerry will make his speech.

Can't wait to hear him stammer through a dissertation about his sponsorship agreement with Papa John's...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At what cost though? I want the guy wearing a star too, but maybe not at the cost of a 2nd. Woods is kind of intriguing in his own right.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On to Dak, I am very confident that Dak is going to take the next step this year. It's his offense now, and I think he is going to really flourish as a smart, opportunistic passer that takes care of the football. There's not going to be any pressure to get the ball to anyone (except Zeke) and Dak is going to be the better for it. Football is here, and it feels good.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what cost though? I want the guy wearing a star too, but maybe not at the cost of a 2nd. Woods is kind of intriguing in his own right.
i would do a second.