• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D2

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ehb5 offer sent, nothing important or vital to either team, just based off of draft thread comments

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody need a TE? I have a few for sale. Kelce, Gates, Doyle, and/or Howard. Kelce or Howard would cost considerably more than the other two.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody need a TE? I have a few for sale. Kelce, Gates, Doyle, and/or Howard. Kelce or Howard would cost considerably more than the other two.

we have the market cornered on TEs, don't share with the rest of these guys!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to come down on your TE collection...
Not convinced TE is a buyer's market.
Like collecting kickers.
Or pennies.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like collecting kickers.
Or pennies.
You naysayer. Always saying nay...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like collecting kickers.
Or pennies.

says the guy with Greg Olsen that just drafted Njoku.

Not everybody in this league has a hands down, fire him up every week TE like you Joe!

seeing at least 3-4 teams out there that should be actively pursuing an upgrade at TE before the season kicks off, but that's just my opinion, or at least what I would do if I were them.

But that's also easy to say when you have them and others don't.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
says the guy with Greg Olsen that just drafted Njoku.

Not everybody in this league has a hands down, fire him up every week TE like you Joe!

seeing at least 3-4 teams out there that should be actively pursuing an upgrade at TE before the season kicks off, but that's just my opinion, or at least what I would do if I were them.

But that's also easy to say when you have them and others don't.
Well I can't hide
Guilty as charged

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I should shut up.
Olsen isn't getting any younger and Njoku still had to prove himself.
How about Kelce for Olsen?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like collecting kickers.
Or pennies.
Unless you're in a 32 team league, this is possibly the worst year you get value for a TE, not only were there a few guys who stepped up big last season, there's a minimum of 3 guys coming into the league everyone has highly rated. . There's about 18-20 guys who could legitimately be viewed as a weekly TE1 going into the season..There's just no value as there's no significant need, there's plenty of options to go around

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you're in a 32 team league, this is possibly the worst year you get value for a TE, not only were there a few guys who stepped up big last season, there's a minimum of 3 guys coming into the league everyone has highly rated. . There's about 18-20 guys who could legitimately be viewed as a weekly TE1 going into the season..There's just no value as there's no significant need, there's plenty of options to go around

if this were a re-draft, all these hold true.
since this is a dynasty, let's take a quick look:

-there's a minimum of 3 guys coming into the league everyone has highly rated
Olsen owner drafted Njoku
Kelce/Doyle owner drafted Howard
Graham/Fleener owner drafted Everett
Only the owner that drafted Engram improved their lot at TE through the draft, but even that owner had Green/James combo to lock up the PIT TE already rostered.

-a few guys who stepped up big last season
Doyle - Kelce owner has him
Brate - legit breakout, but his TB just drafted one of those TEs that we expect to make an immediate impact
Rudolph - semi-breakout, but was perennially drafted as a potential breakout TE for multiple seasons
Bennett - Gronk owner already has him, and he switched teams, never know how that will go

Not trying to build up a false market for TE, just saying that there are still a handful of teams in D2 league that could use an upgrade, no matter how you view TE coming into this season. 16 teams in the league, even a position viewed as easily replaceable can have some scarce/talent void pockets within the teams.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only the owner that drafted Engram improved their lot at TE through the draft, but even that owner had Green/James combo to lock up the PIT TE already rostered.

Brate - legit breakout, but his TB just drafted one of those TEs that we expect to make an immediate impact
Rudolph - semi-breakout, but was perennially drafted as a potential breakout TE for multiple seasons
Bennett - Gronk owner already has him, and he switched teams, never know how that will go

Not trying to build up a false market for TE, just saying that there are still a handful of teams in D2 league that could use an upgrade, no matter how you view TE coming into this season. 16 teams in the league, even a position viewed as easily replaceable can have some scarce/talent void pockets within the teams.

You're not building up anything false, imo; TE is a legitimately important position in this league. Again, imo.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still same quantity of te's available to be had. If the 4-5 owners who need upgrades, and i agree, they do, valued the position..ie... would trade significant value to upgrade. . if they valued TE at that level they would've drafted those incoming guys. . Apparently they don't, did not, so the point still applies. Nothing is worth anything more than what you can get someone to pay you for it, and if they wouldn't spend a free draft pick on one, they're likely not trading much for one either. . No matter which way you look at it, TE's don't have great trade value right now.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter which way you look at it, TE's don't have great trade value right now.
I can't argue this, but your inclusion of "right now" is a qualifier.

Honestly? No matter which way you look at it, nothing but the most obvious players have great trade value right now.

Unless the ol' 8-ball is working on point these days. ;)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't argue this, but your inclusion of "right now" is a qualifier.

Honestly? No matter which way you look at it, nothing but the most obvious players have great trade value right now.

Unless the ol' 8-ball is working on point these days. ;)
Well sure, between now and kick-off week one, there could be any number of injuries, releases, FA signings, that could flip the script. But if we're talking about dealing one right now, than right now valuation it shall be :)