• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D2

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and walking as a postie in public
Thanks for the support, brother!
:deadhorse:
Hey, I'm good with Harold voicing his opinion.
No worries here.

But since it was mentioned (again), just thought I'd point out some things about your carrier - especially if they walk like me.
While this is NOT me, this is postal policy on how to carry the mail.
Might notice that you really don't have a free hand to check Rotoworld if I'm walking.

gall.mailman.jpg

Probably harder avoiding bosses indoor vs being away from said building, don't you think?
May have mentioned it already but our supervisors are supposed to do daily, random spot checks on the street.
But I have over 500 bosses watching me daily.
Not that it's any of my customers personally, but I'm convinced people love to call the P.O. and complain about anything and everything.
  • Mail usually gets here by 10. It's 10:01 and the mail isn't here yet.
  • Mailman stepped on my begonias.
  • I was expecting a check and didn't get it.
  • Mailman didn't close the mailbox lid.
  • And now because of technology, we are watched by home security cameras:
mailman.png

True story (and this just happened a couple of weeks ago):
Customer came into the post office to ask where his package was.
Check this out: he purposely had it delivered to a secure apartment building knowing that he didn't actually live at the building.
He figured the carrier would not recognize the name and then hold it at the post office.
The clerk explained it doesn't work that way. The package was sent back.
How was he gonna show proof of address when picking it up anyway?​

Oh, the postal stories I have in just 7 years. I could write a book.

@SoShady - shot you an offer. No pressure.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two days till the end of tax season. Woof! I should be participate more for the rest of the year.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its gotta be harder for a lot of than it is me. So long as the owner of the company isn't on site, I've got preety free reign in the field.. So as long I'm ahead of schedule, I'll bust that sucker out all day ling
I'm in this boat. I work in a restaurant and my owner hates employees on their cell phones. But, for management, it is ok. I understand the thinking because he regularly calls or texts us at work to tell us something he forgot, or something that just popped up or whatnot. But if he comes in for dinner and there is a server on their phone, I get the ass chewing. But if I am on my phone, even just dicking around, it is perfectly fine. My GM has even asked me about what I am doing on the computer at times and I tell her I am watching pron or looking at mock drafts. They understand that I understand that there is a time to fuck off and a time not to. I like to think that I am very good at my job and my owner and GM understand this and know that they don't need to ride my ass about stupid shit like that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries here.

But since it was mentioned (again), just thought I'd point out some things about your carrier - especially if they walk like me.
Might notice that you really don't have a free hand to check Rotoworld if I'm walking.

gall.mailman.jpg

May have mentioned it already but our supervisors are supposed to do daily, random spot checks on the street.
Not that it's any of my customers personally, but I'm convinced people love to call the P.O. and complain about anything and everything.
mailman.png

Check this out: he purposely had it delivered to a secure apartment building knowing that he didn't actually live at the building.
He figured the carrier would not recognize the name and then hold it at the post office.

Joe if you haven't walked in someone shoes, you just don't have any idea of what they do or how hard it is to keep up with the breaking news, all you know is how hard it is for you. Don't make assumptions. Don't feel trying to rate how hard it is to keep up on breaking news vs other owners in the league is something that should be a factor on this matter because nobody actually knows, some make assumptions.......but they shouldn't because you really don't have the data to back that up.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries here.

gall.mailman.jpg

mailman.png

Allow me to translate for the rest of you...

Stop fucking with him or else...

upload_2018-4-15_19-41-16.jpeg

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe if you haven't walked in someone shoes, you just don't have any idea of what they do or how hard it is to keep up with the breaking news, all you know is how hard it is for you. Don't make assumptions. Don't feel trying to rate how hard it is to keep up on breaking news vs other owners in the league is something that should be a factor on this matter because nobody actually knows, some make assumptions.......but they shouldn't because you really don't have the data to back that up.
Easy...

amd-true-crime0815-jpg.jpg

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I just took a Xanax and have had a few drinks and smoked a bowl. Now would be the time to make some trade proposals.

I should say that if Dez is your target, I will be asking for the maximum value for him. I have been a big believer in him since the beginning of this and I won't cut his value now that he has so many quesitons about him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries here.

gall.mailman.jpg

mailman.png

Only in MBBR leagues have I shared personal info. Probably true for most here, other then leagues with those you know. Never ran into a situation where someone is trying to decide yea or nay on a vote based on trying to figure out, based on personal info if they are at a disadvantage on a rule. Don’t actually feel that should even been a consideration.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I just took a Xanax and have had a few drinks and smoked a bowl. Now would be the time to make some trade proposals.

I should say that if Dez is your target, I will be asking for the maximum value for him. I have been a big believer in him since the beginning of this and I won't cut his value now that he has so many quesitons about him.
Wish I could hit funny more then once, but damn it I can’t.:dhd:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just for fun sent a offer.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries here.

gall.mailman.jpg

mailman.png

There’s a old saying Joe. It goes like this.....If there is the will, there is a way. I big believer in that saying.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HaroldSeattle
I'm not sure where this went off the rails?
Trying not to make assumptions on what anyone does.
Sorry if I gave you that impression.
I'm good with whatever the league votes on.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HaroldSeattle
I'm not sure where this went off the rails?
Trying not to make assumptions on what anyone does.
Sorry if I gave you that impression.
I'm good with whatever the league votes on.
Ok Joe I’ll drop the discussion. You know I love you. I think I developed a pet peeve that started way before this discussion, not going to actually try to explain it, other then it was someone talking about their life and priorities implying others didn’t have the same.:suds:

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of our pharmacies in Wyoming i think had an issue with a bunch of narcotics being stolen so the higher ups decided we aren't allowed to bring personal items(including cell phones) into the pharmacy anymore. Not really sure what cell phones have to do with the theft, but its definitely going to suck during fantasy draft season. :noidea:

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Counter sent... FYI, Xanax has not kicked in yet.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D1 voted in a WW period between the NFL draft and there draft (if I am correct on what the vote was). If that is the case, we start our draft right after the NFL draft so it wouldn't work for us.