• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D1 Waiver/Free agency period during off-season poll

Draft to Draft free agency window

• Total voters

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well speaking for myself, I like the way Bandit has it set up. Make it next year, so the strategy part can be adjusted by all. It is really reaching to worry about someone unretiring and actually having a impact. I don’t even see Lynch unretiring be important, he fell on his face IMO and we are talking about something that could happen maybe once in a couple decades and even then not really a big deal as the old guy probably should of stayed retired.
I’m cool with it being as is though. Screw all the geniuses that want to plug every unlikely event that in reality actuality isn’t a big deal.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok the frozen north will chime in. What is wrong with .Trade anything and if i trade 4 players to Bandit for 1. I then have 15 players and Bandit would have 21 . Zand so on and so on . No one can add or drop just trade. Until the Draft starts. Zand then at the Draft i take my 15 players and draft until 18 .And then if i have picks left i must drop to draft.....Now Bandit with his 21 players must drop 3 to get back to 18 as his turn comes up . and then if he wants to pick he drops a player to pick. Very simple no add or drop during the off season but free to trade in any shape or form . Sorry if it doesnt read easily im on my phone

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well speaking for myself, I like the way Bandit has it set up. Make it next year, so the strategy part can be adjusted by all. It is really reaching to worry about someone unretiring and actually having a impact. I don’t even see Lynch unretiring be important, he fell on his face IMO and we are talking about something that could happen maybe once in a couple decades and even then not really a big deal as the old guy probably should of stayed retired.
I’m cool with it being as is though. Screw all the geniuses that want to plug every unlikely event that in reality actuality isn’t a big deal.

but it is not just the unretired players... how about an injury... what if a RB goes down for the season, his backup is a free agent... now everyone is going to jump for that player.... just saying...

also, i HATE wearing pants... HATE IT!!!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with you and Bandit on this. I think the mountain out of a mole hill obviously applies. ... This started as a simple 'fix' to an unnecessary problem (posing trade limitations on teams with only one player rostered at a position). With the limitations already in-place created by short benches, it just makes no sense to further complicate the matter by essentially forcing a team to only seek trades where they maintain a player in every roster spot.
The 'closed WW season' until after our draft just makes very little sense - never has. ... I voted YES, the majority has voted NO - so, we continue with a senseless rule. ..... congrats.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought this would be a formality for yes...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah face palm that’s cool, was it wrong to state it wasn’t that easy?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah face palm that’s cool, was it wrong to state it wasn’t that easy?

Well, it was BS but though I'd be nice about it. .... still think it would benefit the league as a whole but the nays have spoken - so on to business as usual.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a note here and @TREFF you can correct me if I'm wrong, but if the "Yes" vote doesn't pass, then shouldn't their votes be counted toward the "Yes but not until the 2019 season vote" since there's no way that they would only vote Yes if it's for the current season?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changed mine to effective next yr since this yr has no chance. ....

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a note here and @TREFF you can correct me if I'm wrong, but if the "Yes" vote doesn't pass, then shouldn't their votes be counted toward the "Yes but not until the 2019 season vote" since there's no way that they would only vote Yes if it's for the current season?

Never mind. Apparently just posting this made the Yes guys change it to next year.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep I would've agreed, but they still would have had to change their votes to make it official and avoid a squabbling about technicalities.
11 of 14 in with a (current) 3 vote difference

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - et al, think I went a bit over the deep end on this debate. Was very hard for me to wrap my head around the idea that strategy for this yr could be a factor in trade decisions - but I totally get it now thanks to the Bandit. ... if anyone was offended, apologies.
In defense, had an angiogram performed on a blockage in my neck and had that pressing on my mind for weeks. The test had been cancelled once because they failed to tell me I couldn't take one of my meds, which put me in a very pissy mood since I dread the entire hospital experience. Anyway, had to think about for another whole week after making it through preop and to the Radiology door - then got turned away. But got it done Wednesday (3 hrs flat on my back) then over-night there unable to move my leg. In the end, found out good news - no surgery required in the forseeable future. Just have to take it easy for another week.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - et al, think I went a bit over the deep end on this debate. Was very hard for me to wrap my head around the idea that strategy for this yr could be a factor in trade decisions - but I totally get it now thanks to the Bandit. ... if anyone was offended, apologies.
In defense, had an angiogram performed on a blockage in my neck and had that pressing on my mind for weeks. The test had been cancelled once because they failed to tell me I couldn't take one of my meds, which put me in a very pissy mood since I dread the entire hospital experience. Anyway, had to think about for another whole week after making it through preop and to the Radiology door - then got turned away. But got it done Wednesday (3 hrs flat on my back) then over-night there unable to move my leg. In the end, found out good news - no surgery required in the forseeable future. Just have to take it easy for another week.
Glad ur ok

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that matters is the Lefty lives to fight another day! Glad to hear things are doing ok

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Lefty best wishes to you man.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys..... appreciate the kind thoughts.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just to be clear on this poll. I assume that if the change passes, it will not be a 'free for all' as free agency implies. It would require a waiver-wire claim, thus if you do chose to make a claim the waiver order will reflect (ie move to end of the waiver order).

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just to be clear on this poll. I assume that if the change passes, it will not be a 'free for all' as free agency implies. It would require a waiver-wire claim, thus if you do chose to make a claim the waiver order will reflect (ie move to end of the waiver order).
A 3 day waiver period, and then free agency