• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D-Rose evaluating his career

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does seem like that's the way it is though - I agree that that Derek Rose being a head coach some day may be unlikely, but I don't agree that it's guaranteed that happens.

No, it's a guarantee that he wouldn't be a good coach.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying, I just don't agree with you. I think Rose has showed some intelligence and good instinct on the court - Now that does not mean he can translate what he did for the Bulls before being injured all of the time into being a good coach - but first he has to decide if he wants to be a coach, then he has to hook up as an assistant and see if he can develop into a good coach. We all might be surprised and I'm not saying that he will do that - I'm just saying it is possible. No one can say it's impossible, but I simply don't think Derek Rose is as stupid as you say. I haven't seen any links or evidence to demonstrate that

Rose couldn't get a 700 on an SAT by himself. Fair to say he's not the brightest individual.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose couldn't get a 700 on an SAT by himself. Fair to say he's not the brightest individual.
Well I have come to the conclusion that Rose is not going to retire until June at the earliest. The reason is that he would lose 70 Million dollars on an Addidas deal if he quits now. So I think he will come back and pretend he can still play ball until June and then collect that 70 million - unless of course he really is a dumb ass.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Rose could be the first MVP winner to not make the Hall of Fame.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, for one basic education seems to be lacking. Two, he doesn't have great court vision or ever be known for his high basketball IQ. The only guy in the league right now that is a high profile player that could probably be a decent coach is Lebron. But given his status and where he's likely headed after basketball, I highly doubt he'd consider coaching.

You keep asking what he's done that demonstrates he wouldn't be a good coach; we've given that to you. What has he done that demonstrates he'd be a successful coach?

absolutely nothing

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I have come to the conclusion that Rose is not going to retire until June at the earliest. The reason is that he would lose 70 Million dollars on an Addidas deal if he quits now. So I think he will come back and pretend he can still play ball until June and then collect that 70 million - unless of course he really is a dumb ass.

Well,

I don't think you have followed D. Rose all that closely. I could dig up media quotes, but that isn't worth the time. It is notable that the Bulls fan who posted here agreed that Rose isn't very bright and that @DorianRo didn't refute it. He is president of the Derrick Rose fan club and will pretty much say anything to further his own narrative, regardless of how truthful it is.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. On the bright side, I don't have to root for the Cavs anymore just to see Rose get his first title. On the sad side, this could be it for Rose and its a sad end to a career. Youngest MVP ever, at only 22 years of age he was a 25/4/8/ 45 percent which is sick. His ceiling would have been scary good.

No one truly makes it back from 1 knee injury much less 2 knee injuries and FOUR surgeries. You're never the same player after 1 major knee surgery. Its amazing Rose could even keep going and contribute after both knees ruined and 4 surgeries. . I was hoping he could stay healthy and provide the 14-15 a game but his whole body is falling apart.

So Sad since Rose would have been one of the true all time greats

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's a guarantee that he wouldn't be a good coach.

So I was thinking about this a bit.

There are a lot of guys who could become good coaches, but very few active players jump out as guys who show lots of coaching potential. I look for guys who demonstrate leadership ability, good communication skills and high basketball IQ. Richard Jefferson is one who stands out to me, but I can't think of too many more current players.

There are also the JaVale McGee's of the world who nobody would ever consider for a coaching position. Rose is well liked by his peers and there are some really incompetent organizations out there, so I guess a role as a career assistant isn't impossible, but Rose is closer to McGee than he is to Jefferson or Walton.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are a lot of guys who could become good coaches, but very few active players jump out as guys who show lots of coaching potential. I look for guys who demonstrate leadership ability, good communication skills and high basketball IQ. Richard Jefferson is one who stands out to me, but I can't think of too many more current players.

There are also the JaVale McGee's of the world who nobody would ever consider for a coaching position. Rose is well liked by his peers and there are some really incompetent organizations out there, so I guess a role as a career assistant isn't impossible, but Rose is closer to McGee than he is to Jefferson or Walton.

I agree with this.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't need to be a Harvard Grad to be a good Coach.

But, you should be able to communicate freely with everyone.

Next to Kawhi, Rose is one of the most monosyllabic athletes that I have ever seen.

Many players are reluctant to engage in conversation with the media or people they don't know.

Many are clearly introverts.

KAJ, Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmy, Kawhi several NFL guys.

Rose is the only one that comes off as dumb as a box of rocks.

I swear I thought he had aspergers syndrome.

But, nah....

He's just dumb.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To bad for Rose, guy had so much talent, to bad injuries got in the way, he could have been a good 1.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose spent years working and rehabbing and trying to put his knee injuries behind him. And he finally felt like he had.

Then he gets a freak ankle injury on a flagrant foul, works through it, only to have it re-aggravated in his first game back... and now its taking longer than expected to heal.

Not hard to imagine how discouraging that must be. I can't really feel bad for him, cause the dude has been paid incredible money... but I do understand his being discouraged.

I really think he'll back with the Cavs later in the season, I think everyone just wants him to get a mental break from all of it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose spent years working and rehabbing and trying to put his knee injuries behind him. And he finally felt like he had.

Then he gets a freak ankle injury on a flagrant foul, works through it, only to have it re-aggravated in his first game back... and now its taking longer than expected to heal.

Not hard to imagine how discouraging that must be. I can't really feel bad for him, cause the dude has been paid incredible money... but I do understand his being discouraged.

I really think he'll back with the Cavs later in the season, I think everyone just wants him to get a mental break from all of it.

I think this is his last season no matter what.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs roster has many players who are getting older and sem to have chronic issues. But Lebron is just a beast and never gets hurt. amazing. he could easily play into his 40s

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs roster has many players who are getting older and sem to have chronic issues. But Lebron is just a beast and never gets hurt. amazing. he could easily play into his 40s

The old guys have been fine.

Iman(27), Tristan (26), Rose(29) and IT(28) are the injured guys.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right after an epic winning streak? I'm shocked.

Whenever he is available -- I'd guess Lue will bring him back very slowly. (2nd team ... 10 minutes / game ... maybe even for long-term)