• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D-Rose evaluating his career

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unfortunate, but if you're a person in a career that requires physical labor and your body is falling apart - it's time to move on. The guy could go into coaching and build up some experience for the future without beating up his falling apart body which clearly is not strong enough for the NBA. I wish him all of the success though

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unfortunate, but if you're a person in a career that requires physical labor and your body is falling apart - it's time to move on. The guy could go into coaching and build up some experience for the future without beating up his falling apart body which clearly is not strong enough for the NBA. I wish him all of the success though

Honestly, I would be absolutely shocked if Rose ends up coaching anywhere above the high school level. He was a great athlete, but I Just don't think he understands the game as well as your average NBA player. He isn't all that bright.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I would be absolutely shocked if Rose ends up coaching anywhere above the high school level. He was a great athlete, but I Just don't think he understands the game as well as your average NBA player. He isn't all that bright.
Neither did Luke Walton in the terms of playing the game - But great coach. It is hard to picture him being a head coach some where though

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither did Luke Walton in the terms of playing the game - But great coach. It is hard to picture him being a head coach some where though

What are you talking about?

Luke Walton had little athletic talent compared to other NBA players, but he was always a very intelligent player. Rose and Walton are literally polar opposites.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was fun for a season or two, Derrick.

kerry-washington-you-tried-gif.gif

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the truth is rose is a total dumbass. I have a hard time imagining him coaching at any level.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the truth is rose is a total dumbass. I have a hard time imagining him coaching at any level.
What has he done to shown that he is a total dumb add? The only thing I have seen is him getting injured repeatedly. I do think his having a frail body makes him stupid

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about?

Luke Walton had little athletic talent compared to other NBA players, but he was always a very intelligent player. Rose and Walton are literally polar opposites.
I never said or thought of Luke as a intelligent player. He was quite athletic until his back started giving out. Having a talent to shoot though has a lot of mental decisions that depends on intelligent and quick thinking in my opinion.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has he done to shown that he is a total dumb add? The only thing I have seen is him getting injured repeatedly. I do think his having a frail body makes him stupid

Well, he got someone to take his SATs for him because he couldn't get over 700. He just doesn't sound very intelligent when talking to media. He says things and you are like did he really just say that?

Also, watching him play, he has always relied on pure athleticism. He has never been a great playmaker or a guy who is able to make the game easy for teammates.

There are few players I would say that about, DRose is one.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen to him talk.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said or thought of Luke as a intelligent player. He was quite athletic until his back started giving out. Having a talent to shoot though has a lot of mental decisions that depends on intelligent and quick thinking in my opinion.

I am at a loss. Not sure what you were watching. Are you sure you aren't talking about Bill walton?

Luke was a bit player every year the Lakers had any semblance of talent. He only averaged over 20 minutes per game twice in his career.

He was always a fantastic passer though. Court vision and ability to read defenses and make decisions is generally the best predictor of which players could make good coaches. Rose has never really had that skill, IMO. He was just athletic enough and skilled enough to beat people anyway.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Athletic compared to you and I, sure. Atheltic compared to other NBA players? No. He was probably in the bottom 20% in terms of athletic ability during his playing days. With his skill set and pedigree, he would have been a lottery pick if he had any semblance of NBA athleticism.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as somebody who doesn't really follow the NBA, was Rose the reason Irving wanted out of Cleveland?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as somebody who doesn't really follow the NBA, was Rose the reason Irving wanted out of Cleveland?

No.

Pretty sure Rose signed after Irving was traded and Rose was clearly signed to be IT's backup/insurance policy.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does suck that rose career fell apart. Only Westbrook was on his level with speed/athletism imo

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am at a loss. Not sure what you were watching. Are you sure you aren't talking about Bill walton?

Luke was a bit player every year the Lakers had any semblance of talent. He only averaged over 20 minutes per game twice in his career.

He was always a fantastic passer though. Court vision and ability to read defenses and make decisions is generally the best predictor of which players could make good coaches. Rose has never really had that skill, IMO. He was just athletic enough and skilled enough to beat people anyway.
That's my point. MEDIOCRE Player At the best but made a great coach. You can't always determine or predict who will be a good coach and who won't. At this point what Rose can do is all speculation

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Athletic compared to you and I, sure. Atheltic compared to other NBA players? No. He was probably in the bottom 20% in terms of athletic ability during his playing days. With his skill set and pedigree, he would have been a lottery pick if he had any semblance of NBA athleticism.
Luke was not an all star player but was a decent role player