• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D.Hall Retires

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cb/safety deangelo Hall has retired

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great career he had. Hope he gets a job in a team's front office or in a broadcast booth.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank You D Hall! Great career maybe a future ring of honor member. Will always remember that 4 INT game against the Bears that the skins still somehow almost lost?

Edit: I didnt realize he had that many defensive TDs for the Skins

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank You D Hall! Great career maybe a future ring of honor member. Will always remember that 4 INT game against the Bears that the skins still somehow almost lost?

Edit: I didnt realize he had that many defensive TDs for the Skins

DeAngelo Hall Thinks Jay Cutler Is An Idiot, So Do We

One of the most memorable parts of that game were the idiotic comments from Cutler after the game. As per the article above Cutler stated the following:

“I’d still, if we had to play them tomorrow, I’d go at him every time if we could,” Cutler said after the loss.

What a d-bag.

BTW - no surprise that they almost lost that game since that sack of shit McNabb was the starting QB at the time.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall was a good player, but in all honesty, he "retired" and/or was kept around for four years past his on field usefulness.

In another thread someone talked about this team letting players go too soon and allowing them to successfully continue their careers elsewhere. Well, here's the other side of that story in the history of this team, holding on to players for far too long!

Last edited:

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I been saying for years skins hang on players for way to long

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall was a good player, but in all honesty, he "retired" and/or was kept around for four years past his on field usefulness.

In another thread someone talked about this team letting players go too soon and allowing them to successfully continue their careers elsewhere. Well, here's the other side of that story in the history of this team, holding on to players for far too long!

True but he played for relatively cheap & it was not as if he was holding anyone else back from playing over the last several years. He has been a safety more recently & as everyone is aware they have been less than awesome in that position for the most part over the last 4/5 years. Hopefully it gets better moving fwd & love Swearinger when he is on his game.

In terms of letting players go too soon or hanging on to them too long IMO they really don't do either any more than most NFL teams. As I have stated repeatedly the issue is not so much what they do with players after they obtain them (w/ some obvious notable exceptions) but rather obtaining talent in the 1st place. Over the last several years they have been retaining way more draft picks than in the past & appear to be doing a fairly decent job w/ the draft. If they can do well in that area then I don't think that player retention is as important as some have stated (not that it is completely irrelevant).

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D. Hall had a great career and was a leader on the skins. He took paycuts for the team. I'm not really sure where the angst towards him is coming from. Its not his fault he had a couple freak injuries the last couple of years.

Should be celebrating his career not moaning about his last couple of seasons.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D. Hall had a great career and was a leader on the skins. He took paycuts for the team. I'm not really sure where the angst towards him is coming from. Its not his fault he had a couple freak injuries the last couple of years.

???

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont know dude... some times you keep a guy around not for his production on the field, but for his influence in the locker room. I think D Hall was one of those guys. Now sure they SHOULD have made him an offer as a JR coach. But reality is he thought he could still play, and trying to force retire him would have sent him elsewhere or the wrong message.

Now he is semi committed to the Maroon and Black. And at worst he wont be another Ex Redskin bad mouthing the team. At best, he becomes the official Jr Coach of the secondary that he has unofficially been the past 3-4 years any way. Without taking up a roster spot.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know dude... some times you keep a guy around not for his production on the field, but for his influence in the locker room. I think D Hall was one of those guys. Now sure they SHOULD have made him an offer as a JR coach. But reality is he thought he could still play, and trying to force retire him would have sent him elsewhere or the wrong message.

Now he is semi committed to the Maroon and Black. And at worst he wont be another Ex Redskin bad mouthing the team. At best, he becomes the official Jr Coach of the secondary that he has unofficially been the past 3-4 years any way. Without taking up a roster spot.

bingo

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hopefully, we are able to celebrate his career AND still be HONEST about it.