• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CWS Mississippi St vs Indiana (winners bracket)

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point it's not out of the question for the winner of the Oregon St/Indiana winner to beat Mississippi St twice. It's not like Mississippi St's been dominant.

It depends what type of game Oregon St/Indiana play Wednesday night. Another 2-1, 3-2 type game would be ideal for the winner as it would save pitchers for Friday and potentially Saturday (if necessary).
A high scoring game 8-6, 9-7 or the like would probably dig into the bullpen and the rule of thumb for the CWS is "you don't save pitchers in elimination games".

Another benefit for this particular bracket is tomorrow nights winner will get Thursday off. The other bracket doesn't get that luxury as they'll play their elimination game Thursday and have to turn around Friday and beat tonights N.C. St/UCLA winner to force yet another game Saturday.

I'm not even close to counting out Oregon St or Indiana at this point. We'll have to see what type of game is played tomorrow night.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point it's not out of the question for the winner of the Oregon St/Indiana winner to beat Mississippi St twice. It's not like Mississippi St's been dominant.

It depends what type of game Oregon St/Indiana play Wednesday night. Another 2-1, 3-2 type game would be ideal for the winner as it would save pitchers for Friday and potentially Saturday (if necessary).
A high scoring game 8-6, 9-7 or the like would probably dig into the bullpen and the rule of thumb for the CWS is "you don't save pitchers in elimination games".

Another benefit for this particular bracket is tomorrow nights winner will get Thursday off. The other bracket doesn't get that luxury as they'll play their elimination game Thursday and have to turn around Friday and beat tonights N.C. St/UCLA winner to force yet another game Saturday.

I'm not even close to counting out Oregon St or Indiana at this point. We'll have to see what type of game is played tomorrow night.

Ore State is going with their ace frosh pitcher (14-1) who threw against Miss State on Sat. Wed night. Not sure I like the pitching choice, but when it's "1-n-done" from here on out ya better go with who got ya here. I'd like to save that kid for Miss State again.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You reallly gotta go with coaching experience here and that's advantage Oregon St. Pat Casey's been through the losers bracket and won it all before.

andyham7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted to give Indiana their PROPS, they were for real this season and I think they are more than a " Flash in the Pan". It was epic for them to be the 1st Big 10 team in forever to go to Omaha. They fell short but came an awful long way to get there! I am not a B1G fan by any means, but good job Hoosiers!

andyham7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Mr Wallace! Hadnt seen ya since the CBS meltdown, I have been posting on NGS and didnt really think about SportsHoopla, it seems a little more to my liking here. This board appears to have more members that follow college sports like myself. They have MORE SEC fans here and that a plus for me!
Saw W. Mamba online yesterday, there aare more folks I used to BS with here too! have a good one man, I guess the trout and Salmon have been running pretty good up there in Gods country too, huh?

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:

The ending of this game was especially heartbreaking, and the Oregon st game wasn't much better, but it is hard to fault what the team did. We aren't too old of a team so the Omaha experience should really help us next year.