• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Org seniority, updated, based on discussions in October...

1) Eliezar Zambrano (International FA 2006)
2) Madison Bumgarner (1st round 2007)
3) Juan Ciriaco (Rule V draft 2007)
4) Buster Posey (1st round 2008)
5) Brandon Crawford (4th round 2008)
6) Brandon Belt (5th round 2009)
7) Ryan Lollis (37th round 2009) (current FA)
8) Cristian Paulino (International FA, Sept 2009)
9) Jarrett Parker (2nd round 2010)
10) Jeff Arnold (26th round 2010)
11) Joan Gregorio (International FA, 2010)

Myles Schroder signed after being drafted in the 27th round of the 2007, but retired in March of 08. He came out of retirement in 2011. I am counting his start date with the org as 2011 for this list.

Lollis has not signed or retired. Until he retires or signs elsewhere, I will keep him on this list.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Org seniority, updated, based on discussions in October...

1) Eliezar Zambrano (International FA 2006)
2) Madison Bumgarner (1st round 2007)
3) Juan Ciriaco (Rule V draft 2007)
4) Buster Posey (1st round 2008)
5) Brandon Crawford (4th round 2008)
6) Brandon Belt (5th round 2009)
7) Ryan Lollis (37th round 2009) (current FA)
8) Cristian Paulino (International FA, Sept 2009)
9) Jarrett Parker (2nd round 2010)
10) Jeff Arnold (26th round 2010)
11) Joan Gregorio (International FA, 2010)

Myles Schroder signed after being drafted in the 27th round of the 2007, but retired in March of 08. He came out of retirement in 2011. I am counting his start date with the org as 2011 for this list.

Lollis has not signed or retired. Until he retires or signs elsewhere, I will keep him on this list.
Thanks cal, that has answered my long time question about Schroder. I never knew that he retired and then unretired. I wondered if he went unsigned and then, somehow, because an undrafted free agent.

I think Cristian Paulino is also currently a minor league free agent. At least, I haven't heard him signing back with the org or another team.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks cal, that has answered my long time question about Schroder. I never knew that he retired and then unretired. I wondered if he went unsigned and then, somehow, because an undrafted free agent.

I think Cristian Paulino is also currently a minor league free agent. At least, I haven't heard him signing back with the org or another team.
Seeing as how Schroder signed, then retired, I would assume that would mean that the Giants retained his rights the whole time. I am not certain how that works, though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Watson signing won’t be official until Monday or Tuesday, so there won’t be a corresponding 40 move until then.

Maybe a trade is more likely than a DFA...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Watson signing won’t be official until Monday or Tuesday, so there won’t be a corresponding 40 move until then.

Maybe a trade is more likely than a DFA...

This is very strange. So I went to the Giants' website to check who the non-roster invites were, and for some reason I noticed Aramis Garcia was listed. I thought to myself "I'm 99% sure he's on the roster", but oddly he's not listed on the team's 40-man on the MLB website.

I'm sure it's an error, but it is odd nonetheless. It lists the roster at 39 guys.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is very strange. So I went to the Giants' website to check who the non-roster invites were, and for some reason I noticed Aramis Garcia was listed. I thought to myself "I'm 99% sure he's on the roster", but oddly he's not listed on the team's 40-man on the MLB website.

I'm sure it's an error, but it is odd nonetheless. It lists the roster at 39 guys.
RosterResources still has him listed on the 40, and my personal tracking has him there a solid well.

Must be a typo on MLB.com.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RosterResources still has him listed on the 40, and my personal tracking has him there a solid well.

Must be a typo on MLB.com.

Something odd is going on. I saw him listed on the non-roster list the other day and it didn't register. Alex Pavlovic reported him as one of the guys purchased back in November. Yet, if you go to the Giants' transaction page, he is not listed as contract purchased in November but is listed this month as a invitee. I also checked his MiLB player page and it is the same thing, only listing him as a non-roster invitee. Very odd.

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something odd is going on. I saw him listed on the non-roster list the other day and it didn't register. Alex Pavlovic reported him as one of the guys purchased back in November. Yet, if you go to the Giants' transaction page, he is not listed as contract purchased in November but is listed this month as a invitee. I also checked his MiLB player page and it is the same thing, only listing him as a non-roster invitee. Very odd.
If he weren’t on the roster they never would have traded Vielma.

It is a typo.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he weren’t on the roster they never would have traded Vielma.

It is a typo.
The scenario I could see playing out is that the Giants thought they purchased his contract but some error happened to keep it from being official but wasn't caught until this month. That would be my guess if its not an error by the MLB and MiLB websites.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scenario I could see playing out is that the Giants thought they purchased his contract but some error happened to keep it from being official but wasn't caught until this month. That would be my guess if its not an error by the MLB and MiLB websites.
Then he would have been taken in the Rule V draft.

It is MUCH more believable that there is a typo on a website then every MLB team and every OTHER website missed the fact that he wasn’t actually added.

I am going with the path of least resistance, myself...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very odd indeed. I'm siding with an administrative error as well, but damn you'd think they'd be on top of it, right?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he would have been taken in the Rule V draft.

It is MUCH more believable that there is a typo on a website then every MLB team and every OTHER website missed the fact that he wasn’t actually added.

I am going with the path of least resistance, myself...
My scenario is that no one caught it at the MLB office until after the Rule 5 draft. Yeah, that's probably not what happened. Just trying to figure an alternative theory. Considering the transactions page on the team website also lists him as a non roster invitee, whoever made the error was thorough.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My scenario is that no one caught it at the MLB office until after the Rule 5 draft. Yeah, that's probably not what happened. Just trying to figure an alternative theory. Considering the transactions page on the team website also lists him as a non roster invitee, whoever made the error was thorough.
Certainly works out BIG in the Giants favor if that is the case, but I figure the union would file a grievance if that were the case.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly works out BIG in the Giants favor if that is the case, but I figure the union would file a grievance if that were the case.
Would the union get involved for a guy who could technically never been part of the union? My understanding is that guys who've never played in the big leagues and are not on 40 man rosters are not part of the players' union/

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would the union get involved for a guy who could technically never been part of the union? My understanding is that guys who've never played in the big leagues and are not on 40 man rosters are not part of the players' union/
The whole point of the Rule V is to get a guys clock ticking as soon as possible. This “mistake” delays the clock on a pretty decent prospect.

They wouldn’t necessarily care about him specifically as much as the precedent.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck is Roberto Gomez?

Seriously.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck is Roberto Gomez?

Seriously.

DFA'ing Gregorio actually makes more sense than Gomez.

The Giants were going to have to place Gregorio on waivers at the end of Spring Training anyway, may as well just sever that now and keep Gomez.

And Gomez does provide value as an emergency starter, especially if they don't want to jimmy jack Beede.

Also, his stuff looked pretty crisp. 95+ sinking fastball and a solid curveball, with a slider and change. He's not anything special, but he's not a complete throwaway.