• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with Belt moved to the 10 day, he may be done for the season. Any chatter as to what the expectation is with Panik? I don't remember how long it took him to recover the last time he was concussed.
Going from memory, it took him a LONG time to get his performance back. But that was coupled with a broken back, so the evidence is a bit murky...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really is the worst season ever. It was already up there before this last week. All this stuff is just spreading into our future plans now.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlando Calixte, Derek Law, Steven Okert recalled.

Tim Federowicz (Fed-X) added to active roster and recalled. Hwang outrighted off of active roster.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tim Federowicz (Fed-X) added to active roster and recalled. Hwang outrighted off of active roster.
I'm a bit surprised that Hwang got outrighted. But I guess I shouldn't be. This signals that the Giants are going to roll with Panda for 2018.

It is interesting that Fed-X got the call, Brown did not, but Brown is still on the 40 man roster. I guess Fed-X gets delivered faster than Brown.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit surprised that Hwang got outrighted. But I guess I shouldn't be. This signals that the Giants are going to roll with Panda for 2018.

It is interesting that Fed-X got the call, Brown did not, but Brown is still on the 40 man roster. I guess Fed-X gets delivered faster than Brown.
I actually suspect Sandoval will be the backup plan to Arroyo/Jones at 3B. If Arroyo can't take the job outright in ST, and Jones continues to show he needs more time, THEN Sandoval will be given the job. Maybe Tomlinson will be given a chance first as well.

If Panik gets traded, maybe the team even brings in another option for 2B/3B to enter into the equation. But Arroyo is still the top option, I think.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually suspect Sandoval will be the backup plan to Arroyo/Jones at 3B. If Arroyo can't take the job outright in ST, and Jones continues to show he needs more time, THEN Sandoval will be given the job. Maybe Tomlinson will be given a chance first as well.

If Panik gets traded, maybe the team even brings in another option for 2B/3B to enter into the equation. But Arroyo is still the top option, I think.
Completely forgot about Arroyo. :doh: However, I still suspect Sandoval is the primary guy going into 2018. Especially if they get Stanton, they won't have the money to field a good team for a while (unless they really invest in the farm) so having Sandoval and Stanton will be their money makers, at least in 2018, when Sandoval's numbers make him lose favor with the fans.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cueto activated from DL

Hwang DFA'd

Law added to active roster
Okert added to active roster
Calixte added to active roster

Federowicz added to 40 and active rosters

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just looked at Sacramento's roster and they've removed Law, Okert and Federowicz but still have both Calixte and Hwang still listed.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder with Hwang's contract, can he refuse his outright assignment or is he still required to accept it since its the first time an MLB club has outrighted him?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't want understand keeping Morse on the 40. Even Scutari was put on the 60 day. There was no need to outright Hwang. Why not give him a month to show something different before making that decision in the offseaon?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't want understand keeping Morse on the 40. Even Scutari was put on the 60 day. There was no need to outright Hwang. Why not give him a month to show something different before making that decision in the offseaon?
My guess is that the decision had already been made, so let him walk (???)

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that the decision had already been made, so let him walk (???)
If he was outrighted, he cannot walk unless there is a provision in his contract to be to refuse the assignment. ESPN lists him as being waived but that wouldn't make sense since he played for the RiverCats yesterday.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was outrighted, he cannot walk unless there is a provision in his contract to be to refuse the assignment. ESPN lists him as being waived but that wouldn't make sense since he played for the RiverCats yesterday.
WAG...

Maybe timing wise, he was DFA'd after the game?

I have no idea. I agree that Morse should be 60'd, but if they know they have no MLB interest in Hwang, than does it really matter? If they are 100% done with Hwang, and there is a 1% chance that Morse can get 1 more AB, why not DFA Hwang?

Not arguing, just trying to offer possible thought processes...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T
WAG...

Maybe timing wise, he was DFA'd after the game?

I have no idea. I agree that Morse should be 60'd, but if they know they have no MLB invsest in Hwang, than does it really matter? If they are 100% done with Hwang, and there is a 1% chance that Morse can get 1 more AB, why not DFA Hwang?

Not arguing, just trying to offer possible thought processes...
That could be. It just seems weird that they would give up on Hwang so quickly. Morse offers nothing for the future. If he isn't even planning on returning they should just release him. The Giants seem to be the only team willing to waste a roster spot on a guy who hit a postseason home run for them. Even then, they didn't treat Ishikawa the same last year. Seems so strange how they hang on to Morse.