• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go off of what the PsTB have said, Sandoval must earn his call up.

I don't believe that for a second, though. They want the hat sales, and they will do whatever they need to do to get them.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go off of what the PsTB have said, Sandoval must earn his call up.

I don't believe that for a second, though. They want the hat sales, and they will do whatever they need to do to get them.
What we think is earning a call up is tearing the leather off the ball. What they think is earning a call up is probably him showing that he can still swing a bat, period.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Given that the boo-birds have started showing up, what will Sandival's reception be?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad, at first. But what happens after the first week will be left to Sandoval's bat to create.
I still hope he gets a standing-O for his first AB.

But after that, cold shoulder. "Panda" is dead to me. At this point, he is no more than Aaron Hill.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because we just can't find enough playing time for all the outstanding outfielders we have. What?!?
:L We all know the bullpen needs the most help with the team and the outfielders have been such sparkling examples of well oiled offensive machines that Calixte needs to go down and Ruggiano needs to be released.:noidea:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nunez traded to Red Sox for 2 kids. No corresponding 25-man move yet.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will/can the Giants call up to fill Nunez' roster spot? When a player is sent down, he must stay down for 10 days unless filling in for an injury.

Calixte was optioned yesterday (7/25)
Hwang was optioned on Saturday (7/22)
Jones was optioned on Tuesday (7/18)

So maybe Mac gets the call? Parker gets activated?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will/can the Giants call up to fill Nunez' roster spot? When a player is sent down, he must stay down for 10 days unless filling in for an injury.

Calixte was optioned yesterday (7/25)
Hwang was optioned on Saturday (7/22)
Jones was optioned on Tuesday (7/18)

So maybe Mac gets the call? Parker gets activated?
I forgot about the 10 day rule. It seems ripe for Sandoval to get purchased. The Giants seem reluctant to bring up either Parker or Williamson. The only other position player not injured and that is on the 40 man roster is Trevor Brown. I doubt he gets the call. I would guess either Sandoval or Parker. Parker has been on his rehab assignment consistently for 2 weeks now. They could wait another week to make a decision on him but the clock is ticking.

The Giants could also call up yet another pitcher (which would really leave the bench shorthanded, which makes this option doubtful). The only options on that would be Derek Law, Reyes Moronta or Daniel Slania. All this roster shuffling has really limited their options, outside of purchasing a new contract. Really seems they've backed themselves into having to bring up Sandoval.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants will call up Carlos Moncrief.

Former pitcher, converted to the outfield in 2010. He does a little bit of everything, decent speed, decent pop, decent hit, takes walks and he has an utter canon. Plays CF some, mostly corner.

Might be time to nail in Mac and Parker's coffin

Carlos Moncrief » Statistics » Batting | FanGraphs Baseball

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about the 10 day rule. It seems ripe for Sandoval to get purchased. The Giants seem reluctant to bring up either Parker or Williamson. The only other position player not injured and that is on the 40 man roster is Trevor Brown. I doubt he gets the call. I would guess either Sandoval or Parker. Parker has been on his rehab assignment consistently for 2 weeks now. They could wait another week to make a decision on him but the clock is ticking.

The Giants could also call up yet another pitcher (which would really leave the bench shorthanded, which makes this option doubtful). The only options on that would be Derek Law, Reyes Moronta or Daniel Slania. All this roster shuffling has really limited their options, outside of purchasing a new contract. Really seems they've backed themselves into having to bring up Sandoval.

Miguel Gomez plays 3B (well, he's a body there), as does Kelby and Gonor. The Giants seem pretty adamant about waiting on Pablo.

I would have expected Mac before the Moncrief news.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants will call up Carlos Moncrief.

Former pitcher, converted to the outfield in 2010. He does a little bit of everything, decent speed, decent pop, decent hit, takes walks and he has an utter canon. Plays CF some, mostly corner.

Might be time to nail in Mac and Parker's coffin

Carlos Moncrief » Statistics » Batting | FanGraphs Baseball
I am somewhat OK with them calling it a day on Parker. I would have liked a little more time, but he failed miserably in the time he did have, and he was never a big prospect anyway. But I don't understand the cold shoulder given to Mac. He was never given the job and allowed to run with it, and he WAS a legit prospect.

Oh well, who's next?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am somewhat OK with them calling it a day on Parker. I would have liked a little more time, but he failed miserably in the time he did have, and he was never a big prospect anyway. But I don't understand the cold shoulder given to Mac. He was never given the job and allowed to run with it, and he WAS a legit prospect.

Oh well, who's next?

I really don't get it. I get Parker. He can't hit lefties, not a great defender, and pretty much just hits bombs.

Mac though, he was GOOD when he got extended PT last year. I feel like they forget that! Hit .279/.402/.529 in 28 games between June 21st and July 31st when he was almost playing everyday. That would be our 2nd best hitter this year!

It's annoying. Outside of that stretch, he only started 3 games in a week once.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
transactions
  • July 26, 2017 — San Francisco Giants purchased the contract of OF Carlos Moncrief from Sacramento River Cats.
  • July 26, 2017 — LHP Caleb Smith assigned to Salem-Keizer Volcanoes from Augusta GreenJackets.
  • July 26, 2017 — CF Ashford Fulmer assigned to Salem-Keizer Volcanoes from Augusta GreenJackets.
  • July 25, 2017 — San Francisco Giants recalled RHP Chris Stratton from Sacramento River Cats.
  • July 25, 2017 — Sacramento River Cats released OF Justin Ruggiano.
  • July 25, 2017 — San Francisco Giants optioned OF Orlando Calixte to Sacramento River Cats.
  • July 25, 2017 — RHP Reyes Moronta assigned to Sacramento River Cats from Richmond Flying Squirrels.
  • July 25, 2017 — RHP Heath Slatton assigned to Sacramento River Cats from San Jose Giants.
  • July 25, 2017 — Sacramento River Cats placed INF Juan Ciriaco on 7-day disabled list.
  • July 25, 2017 — Sacramento River Cats placed RHP Tyler Beede on 7-day disabled list.
  • July 25, 2017 — Richmond Flying Squirrels placed RHP Jordan Johnson on 7-day disabled list (left hamstring).
  • July 25, 2017 — RHP Connor Kaden assigned to San Jose Giants from Salem-Keizer Volcanoes.
  • July 25, 2017 — OF Carlos Garcia assigned to Augusta GreenJackets from Richmond Flying Squirrels.
  • July 25, 2017 — RHP Yordy Cabrera assigned to Augusta GreenJackets from Richmond Flying Squirrels.
  • July 25, 2017 — RHP Dillon McNamara assigned to Richmond Flying Squirrels.
  • July 25, 2017 — Salem-Keizer Volcanoes released INF A.J. Ramirez.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3