• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hwang added to the 25 and 40
Gonor placed on the 10

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, the Hwang/Gonor move will not be made until tomorrow...

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Gonor has a really bad case of 26-itis.
But why activate him, only to have to put him back on the dl two days (or was it three?) later? If its just a matter of making room for someone else, couldn't the team have pulled that maneuver near the end of his rehab and reset the clock again?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why activate him, only to have to put him back on the dl two days (or was it three?) later? If its just a matter of making room for someone else, couldn't the team have pulled that maneuver near the end of his rehab and reset the clock again?
I think there are some restrictions to keeping a player on the DL. I have idea how it works, exactly, though.

But maybe they had a conversation with Hwang and he put the pressure on them. Maybe he was OK with sticking, but changed his mind. Or maybe are not sold on Jones.

Lots of moving parts here.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a shocker

Mark Melancon to the DL (not very shocking)

Dan Slania up (shocking).

Slania is a huge right hander. He's been starting, but his stuff profiles better out of the Pen. Big fastball is his best pitch, still needs to refine his secondary pitches. Good groundball/strikeout guys when he's on.

Slania is the most fresh and healthy arm readily available on short notice.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a shocker

Slania is a huge right hander. He's been starting, but his stuff profiles better out of the Pen. Big fastball is his best pitch, still needs to refine his secondary pitches. Good groundball/strikeout guys when he's on.

Updated.

By the way Boch was talking, it sounds like he will be down a while. He said this has been nagging him for a while, and he has pretty much always been day-to-day. Looks they will shut him down until this if near 100%.

The first official sign of a white flag this year.

My guess is Dyson takes over closing duties until he gets back.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a shocker

Whoa, that is a weird move. I would have thought Gregorio or even Stratton would have come up first. Good for Slania, hope he does well.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad timing. He is out of options and has yet to get his cuppo. Not a good trend.

Yeah my first reaction was "wtf, Slania over Gregorio?!", but yeah really too bad this was his shot. If he's healthy we'll see him at some point, but the clock is ticking.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah my first reaction was "wtf, Slania over Gregorio?!", but yeah really too bad this was his shot. If he's healthy we'll see him at some point, but the clock is ticking.
Ouch! That means the Giants have 4 pitchers on minor league disabled lists and at least 3 of them are serious. Chase Johnson is done for the year and Albert Suarez has yet to take the hill in 2017. Reyes Moronta has been on Richmond's dl for a bit as well. That leaves only Derek Law and Chris Stratton as minor league options already on the 40 man roster.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumgarner expected to start in Sacramento this Friday (6/30), then to San Jose the following Wednesday (7/5), then another start in San Jose the Monday after that (7/10). After that, we'll see. Could take a couple of days off and pitch in Sacramento on the 17th.

Reactions: LHG

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated.

By the way Boch was talking, it sounds like he will be down a while. He said this has been nagging him for a while, and he has pretty much always been day-to-day. Looks they will shut him down until this if near 100%.

The first official sign of a white flag this year.

My guess is Dyson takes over closing duties until he gets back.
It looks like, at least from today's game, that Strickland may get first crack at the closer's role.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like, at least from today's game, that Strickland may get first crack at the closer's role.
I don't see it that way. He came in for a 1-out, 2-run lead save. That is not a statement save. And Dyson went 1.2 yesterday while Strick was rested.

Btw, I thought a save was 1 run per out?? How did Strick get a save for that?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it that way. He came in for a 1-out, 2-run lead save. That is not a statement save. And Dyson went 1.2 yesterday while Strick was rested.

Btw, I thought a save was 1 run per out?? How did Strick get a save for that?
I forgot that Dyson pitched quite a bit last night. Good point. As for the 1 run per out rule for saves, I have no idea. Maybe Marco can answer that one for us.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot that Dyson pitched quite a bit last night. Good point. As for the 1 run per out rule for saves, I have no idea. Maybe Marco can answer that one for us.

A relief pitcher is awarded a save when he meets all three of the following conditions:
  • He is the finishing pitcher in a game won by his club; and
  • He is not the winning pitcher; and
  • He qualifies under one of the following conditions:
    • He enters the game with a lead of no more than three runs and pitches for at least one inning; or
    • He enters the game, regardless of the score, with the potential tying run either on base, at bat, or on deck; or
    • He pitches for at least three innings. (The word "effectively" has been removed from the MLB rules.)
Under the last condition, the official scorer has some discretion as to whether or not to award a save. This is rule 10.20 of the Major League Rules.

No more than one save may be credited in each game.

Save - BR Bullpen

:yo:

Reactions: LHG