• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants Triple-A reliever Kyle Crick sidelined by freak injury

KANSAS CITY — Right-hander Kyle Crick, who was off to a good start in his first Triple-A season, as a reliever, has gone on Sacramento’s disabled list because of a freak injury.

Crick was hit in the head by a foul ball Sunday while sitting in the visiting dugout at Cashman Field in Las Vegas and sustained a concussion.

Crick, 24, was the Giants’ sandwich-round pick in the 2011 draft. He fell off the prospect board as a starter because he could not harness his wildness. But the organization has stuck with him because of his stuff, including a swing-and-miss fastball.

After a good big-league spring training, Crick pitched in three games for Sacramento and had four scoreless innings, no walks, five strikeouts and a save.

He did not sustain any other head injuries in the mishap.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants Triple-A reliever Kyle Crick sidelined by freak injury

KANSAS CITY — Right-hander Kyle Crick, who was off to a good start in his first Triple-A season, as a reliever, has gone on Sacramento’s disabled list because of a freak injury.

Crick was hit in the head by a foul ball Sunday while sitting in the visiting dugout at Cashman Field in Las Vegas and sustained a concussion.

Crick, 24, was the Giants’ sandwich-round pick in the 2011 draft. He fell off the prospect board as a starter because he could not harness his wildness. But the organization has stuck with him because of his stuff, including a swing-and-miss fastball.

After a good big-league spring training, Crick pitched in three games for Sacramento and had four scoreless innings, no walks, five strikeouts and a save.

He did not sustain any other head injuries in the mishap.
:L

Kid was finally looking to have broken through. And with the troubles in the MLB bully, he was almost guaranteed a cuppo this year if he didn't completely blow it.

Of course, this could end up being nothing, but it could also be something that nags at him all year (or longer).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are at 39 on the 40. That allows flexibility for Upton, Morse, Beede or Arroyo.

I would guess that Morse gets the first look, but with a very short leash.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are at 39 on the 40. That allows flexibility for Upton, Morse, Beede or Arroyo.

I would guess that Morse gets the first look, but with a very short leash.
Morse already started playing at SJ while Upton is still (as of yesterday) at extended spring training. I don't think Arroyo gets a look before September unless he absolutely forces the Giants' hand or they get desperate for bats. Beede will come up after Cain bombs for another month. So based on my astute and keen observations, you are correct.

As for FedEx, I guess he clears and goes back to Sacramento, unless Brown is about to come back from his injury. Otherwise, they have Jeff Arnold and Eliezer Zambrano as the only options to step in to either Hundley or Posey's shoes.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To give you something to complain about in a great win.
images

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nunez-Panik-Craw-Belt-Posey-Pence-Span-LFduJour-P

IMO Belt is too much of a pull hitter for the 2 spot. His pitch selection is getting better, but until he can contact to all fields I rather see Panik moving the lead off around... JMO of course. But with Bochy out maybe Wotus gets bold :hope:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nunez-Panik-Craw-Belt-Posey-Pence-Span-LFduJour-P

IMO Belt is too much of a pull hitter for the 2 spot. His pitch selection is getting better, but until he can contact to all fields I rather see Panik moving the lead off around... JMO of course. But with Bochy out maybe Wotus gets bold :hope:
Does Hill in the lead off spot qualify as "bold"?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belt deserves to stay at the top, but yeah it would be nice to see Joe back up top too.

Panik-Belt-Posey-Pence-Crawford-Nunez-Span-darkness-P
If you go by OBP for the first two spots, it should be Posey-Panik but, of course, Posey won't see either of those two spots. Then you have to go with Panik-Pence. The guy with the best OPS should bat third (the assumption being your best hitter slots 3rd) - and that would be Madison Bumgarner! Well, okay, he cannot hit everyday, but Posey is the one currently with the best OPS. After Posey, Crawford has the best SLG (non pitching division), so slot him 4th. Belt has the next best SLG and OPS, so slot him 5th. Then fill out the rest of the lineup (6th-8th) with Nunez, Span and left field.

Panik-Pence-Posey-Crawford-Belt-Nunez-Span-leftfield-pitcher
Maybe on days Bumgarner pitches - Panik-Pence-Posey-Crawford-Belt-Nunez-Bumgarner-leftfield-Span

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go by OBP for the first two spots, it should be Posey-Panik but, of course, Posey won't see either of those two spots. Then you have to go with Panik-Pence. The guy with the best OPS should bat third (the assumption being your best hitter slots 3rd) - and that would be Madison Bumgarner! Well, okay, he cannot hit everyday, but Posey is the one currently with the best OPS. After Posey, Crawford has the best SLG (non pitching division), so slot him 4th. Belt has the next best SLG and OPS, so slot him 5th. Then fill out the rest of the lineup (6th-8th) with Nunez, Span and left field.

Panik-Pence-Posey-Crawford-Belt-Nunez-Span-leftfield-pitcher
Maybe on days Bumgarner pitches - Panik-Pence-Posey-Crawford-Belt-Nunez-Bumgarner-leftfield-Span

you'd like to have some speed at the top of the order

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you'd like to have some speed at the top of the order
Well, there's always Aaron Hill.

On a more serious note, Nunez, in my opinion, is the only guy with speed (Span, I think is slowing down), and he doesn't usually get on base enough to warrant the lead off spot.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disagree.. get a nunez leading off on 1st and it alters the pitching sequence to the #2 hitter. a marginal single with a good lead gets him on third. put pressure on the defense- good things will happen even if you don't steal

Noggin doesn't believe in team speed, and won't use it.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disagree.. get a nunez leading off on 1st and it alters the pitching sequence to the #2 hitter. a marginal single with a good lead gets him on third. put pressure on the defense- good things will happen even if you don't steal

That tends to happen once, maybe twice, per game. I'd rather have my best hitters get the most AB's in a game.

Nunez can lead off an inning later.

Reactions: LHG