• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be my guess as well.

Remember when Stratton was looking like he would be a solid major league starter? Wasn't that long ago.
I “always” thought he would make a better reliever. Then I attended his 7 IP gem in SD and kinda had to STFU.

The Giants will need to add at least one more legit MLB starter to the pool this coming off season. Bum and Rodriguez (and possibly Suarez) are the only ones I feel confidence in. Sammy is a bum. Holland is having a good year, but I don’t feel confidant moving forward with him. And Blach and Stratton are AT BEST #6s, though Blach could end up being a Pettit type. He has definite value.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I “always” thought he would make a better reliever. Then I attended his 7 IP gem in SD and kinda had to STFU.

The Giants will need to add at least one more legit MLB starter to the pool this coming off season. Bum and Rodriguez (and possibly Suarez) are the only ones I feel confidence in. Sammy is a bum. Holland is having a good year, but I don’t feel confidant moving forward with him. And Blach and Stratton are AT BEST #6s, though Blach could end up being a Pettit type. He has definite value.
Unfortunately, as long as Samardzija is getting paid by the Giants and he's healthy enough to lie about his health, and get away with it, he will have a spot in the rotation. Assuming everyone is healthy come next April, the Giants will have a starting rotation of Bumgarner, Samardzija, Rodriguez and Suarez. But yes, they will need to bring in a 5th starter. Unfortunately, there is no one ready to step in yet. Hopefully, though, when Samardzija is injured again, either Anderson or Jordan or Chase Johnson will be ready to step in.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, as long as Samardzija is getting paid by the Giants and he's healthy enough to lie about his health, and get away with it, he will have a spot in the rotation. Assuming everyone is healthy come next April, the Giants will have a starting rotation of Bumgarner, Samardzija, Rodriguez and Suarez. But yes, they will need to bring in a 5th starter. Unfortunately, there is no one ready to step in yet. Hopefully, though, when Samardzija is injured again, either Anderson or Jordan or Chase Johnson will be ready to step in.
I think DRod is the solid #2 right now. While I agree Sammy has a guaranteed spot in the rotation, I don’t think even Boch views him anything more than a low level 3 at this point. He can eat innings, but only at a 4.50+ ERA level. There is value in that, but not in a 2 or 3 position. Rodriguez looks like he MAY be a 180 IP type pitcher with a sub 4.00. AND he may be the NL ROY this year.

And speaking of the NL ROY, it looks like the Giants have 3 of the top 5 NL rookies this year with Rodriguez, Suarez and Moronta (Black COULD enter the picture as well if he continues his dominance).

Reactions: LHG

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think DRod is the solid #2 right now. While I agree Sammy has a guaranteed spot in the rotation, I don’t think even Boch views him anything more than a low level 3 at this point. He can eat innings, but only at a 4.50+ ERA level. There is value in that, but not in a 2 or 3 position. Rodriguez looks like he MAY be a 180 IP type pitcher with a sub 4.00. AND he may be the NL ROY this year.

And speaking of the NL ROY, it looks like the Giants have 3 of the top 5 NL rookies this year with Rodriguez, Suarez and Moronta (Black COULD enter the picture as well if he continues his dominance).
Its nice to see guys from the farm getting a chance and performing well. Slater is putting up some good numbers too (except it would be nice to see some more pop) but I'm not sure he is considered a rookie.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its nice to see guys from the farm getting a chance and performing well. Slater is putting up some good numbers too (except it would be nice to see some more pop) but I'm not sure he is considered a rookie.
Slater is still a rookie.

But he is nothing more than a 4th OFer.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its official:

Signed OF Cesar Puello to a minor league contract. Recalled RHP Pierce Johnson and RHP Derek Law from Sacramento (PCL). Optioned INF Kelby Tomlinson and RHP Chris Stratton to Sacramento.

I assume Freeman is on the travel squad in case they need a catcher if Posey is deemed needed to go on the 7 day dl (I find it interesting that Freeman, and not Brown, is up. Is Freeman the better defensive catcher? Brown's OPS is 50 points higher than Freeman).

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its official:

Signed OF Cesar Puello to a minor league contract. Recalled RHP Pierce Johnson and RHP Derek Law from Sacramento (PCL). Optioned INF Kelby Tomlinson and RHP Chris Stratton to Sacramento.

I assume Freeman is on the travel squad in case they need a catcher if Posey is deemed needed to go on the 7 day dl (I find it interesting that Freeman, and not Brown, is up. Is Freeman the better defensive catcher? Brown's OPS is 50 points higher than Freeman).

I think you're right that he's on the taxi squad. I'll bet that Garcia is traveling to Arizona right now, though, and will join the team tomorrow. d'Arnaud is the 'backup catcher' tonight

I wonder if this will have a domino effect on Bart. Is Posey is out awhile and Garcia is here for awhile, maybe some guys get moved up, including Bart.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're right that he's on the taxi squad. I'll bet that Garcia is traveling to Arizona right now, though, and will join the team tomorrow. d'Arnaud is the 'backup catcher' tonight

I wonder if this will have a domino effect on Bart. Is Posey is out awhile and Garcia is here for awhile, maybe some guys get moved up, including Bart.
I expect Bart to get Augusta or SJ time, but I highly doubt Posey’s status this year will have anything to do with his placement. Bart will writte his own ticket.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Bart to get Augusta or SJ time, but I highly doubt Posey’s status this year will have anything to do with his placement. Bart will writte his own ticket.

I was just thinking as a domino effect... If Garcia has to come to MLB for awhile, there's a vacancy to be filled in AA. Say Winn goes to AA, then there's a void in A+, etc. etc.