• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cuphead

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody tried this out yet? I've seen multiple people playing it and it's like a platformer based in the 1930s or 1940s, or something like that lol. It looks ridiculously difficult, as well. Here's the trailer, for those who have never heard of it. It's on Xbox One and PC.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't played it yet but I just bought it today. The animation looks great.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3/10 gameplay - not sure why people are praising this. It's a platformer with some unoriginal weapons. Appreciate the hard difficulty but meh, whatever.
10/10 music - hands down best music scores in modern video gaming.
10/10 graphics - Runs great on any machine (PC)
3/10 content - Every speed runner/streamer has said they want more. I have to agree. The game can be completed in 30 minutes (speed runs) if you know what you're doing. And it's not because of content, it's because we're cheesing boss fights or we've memorized it so perfectly it doesn't matter. Big difference from the WR Metroid run.

Meh, Dark Souls required multiple fights and had a far more impressive world and boss fights that didn't require memorizing things.

Overall: 5/10. Buy it if you want to sink minutes/hours into boss fights.

My thoughts: I really don't get the appeal of it. GREAT music and animation style. I love it, but it's one of those 'let's make a game hard because let's make a game hard'. It's not even clever about it. Dark Souls (1, 2, 3) was hard in learning the mechanics of the game FROM YOUR END.

I dunno, I got a very 'whatever' feeling after beating Cuphead.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3/10 gameplay - not sure why people are praising this. It's a platformer with some unoriginal weapons. Appreciate the hard difficulty but meh, whatever.
10/10 music - hands down best music scores in modern video gaming.
10/10 graphics - Runs great on any machine (PC)
3/10 content - Every speed runner/streamer has said they want more. I have to agree. The game can be completed in 30 minutes (speed runs) if you know what you're doing. And it's not because of content, it's because we're cheesing boss fights or we've memorized it so perfectly it doesn't matter. Big difference from the WR Metroid run.

Meh, Dark Souls required multiple fights and had a far more impressive world and boss fights that didn't require memorizing things.

Overall: 5/10. Buy it if you want to sink minutes/hours into boss fights.

My thoughts: I really don't get the appeal of it. GREAT music and animation style. I love it, but it's one of those 'let's make a game hard because let's make a game hard'. It's not even clever about it. Dark Souls (1, 2, 3) was hard in learning the mechanics of the game FROM YOUR END.

I dunno, I got a very 'whatever' feeling after beating Cuphead.
It reminds me of Mega Man with better graphics. I think Volgarr The Viking is a harder side scroller than this.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made the mistake of thinking the potions were temporary boosts at first. The additional weapons make the bosses a lot easier.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best music of the game. Had no issue re-doing this boss 10+ times.