• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cueto to Royals

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. #4 prospect has a FIP of 4.64 with a BB/9 over 4. There was great concern about him being able to start right out of the draft, and I am not all that convinced he can- especially with how he has pitched this year. That's not me downplaying anything, that's just how he has performed so far at the MLB level. I think he can be a fine reliever, but I would pick a few guys I'd rather bet on than him right now from an upside perspective. There's no way in heck he'd be the #4 of anything if he was still a prospect. Could certainly change- but concerns about his mechanics, command, and role are far from invented by Royals fans trying to downplay him. I have wanted to sell high on this guy for weeks for anyone willing to latch onto him. His AAA numbers are such a SSS it's hard to take seriously, but in 14 IP he has a 7.07 ERA with a 3.30 FIP.

Lamb has ok numbers in AAA (3.54 FIP in a hitter friendly PCL). Has had an atrocious WHIP vs Righties most of his time in AAA, and much of this year. Though that has gotten noticeably better as the year goes along to the point of legitimately interesting. Regardless, he barely averages 5 and half innings a start. He will never be all the way back velocity wise pre TJS- it's not happening; it's better now with 89 to low 90's, however. His changeup will be key, if he can get righties out at all at the big league level, he'll have a chance. But bringing up former top prospectdom is silly. Jesus Montero was a top prospect (#18!) some time ago. He still has a ways to go to be more than a loogy candidate- he can dominate AAA/A lefties all he wants while doing so.

He has been in the organization for quite some time now, so my optimism on Lamb has been long since tempered.

Now Cody Reed, in my opinion, might actually end up being the best of the bunch if he continues to command better- and improves his changeup. In the meantime though, he'll be a fringe top 100 guy. He hasn't pitched much past A ball, so it's kind of hard to say what he is.

I, personally, am not thrilled giving away prospects for a 3 month rental, the postseason is a giant crapshoot, but I am not going to miss them more than likely. I don't believe these are impact guys at the MLB level, and haven't felt any of them could for quite some time now. Maybe I am wrong though, we will see.

I can quite plainly say I am not at all the only one (Royals fan or otherwise) who feels the same about these three pitchers. Anyone claiming I am just downplaying really needs to take a harder look. Accuse me of being a homer or critical spirit if you like though.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper, at least, it appears the Royals are poised to return to the WS

GODDAMNIT

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GODDAMNIT

Can't wait to watch them vote in their bat boy as starting CF for the all star game next year.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Royals were able to afford Cueto because they for years were conservative and looked inward. The priority of developing young talent within pays off when you're in contention and need blue chip prospects for post season rentals. Dayton Moore's strategy is paying off, the fan base energized for years to come and depth built on all farm system levels.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GODDAMNIT

The Royals will be tough to beat this year. If they add another bat that makes it even harder. Imagine a team not far removed from 3 consecutive 100 loss seasons now being the best around.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maxresdefault.jpg

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though this is not good for my Yankees it's nice to see K.C. going all in.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Royals will be tough to beat this year. If they add another bat that makes it even harder. Imagine a team not far removed from 3 consecutive 100 loss seasons now being the best around.
Houston is not far from this either.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. #4 prospect has a FIP of 4.64 with a BB/9 over 4. There was great concern about him being able to start right out of the draft, and I am not all that convinced he can- especially with how he has pitched this year. That's not me downplaying anything, that's just how he has performed so far at the MLB level. I think he can be a fine reliever, but I would pick a few guys I'd rather bet on than him right now from an upside perspective. There's no way in heck he'd be the #4 of anything if he was still a prospect. Could certainly change- but concerns about his mechanics, command, and role are far from invented by Royals fans trying to downplay him. I have wanted to sell high on this guy for weeks for anyone willing to latch onto him. His AAA numbers are such a SSS it's hard to take seriously, but in 14 IP he has a 7.07 ERA with a 3.30 FIP.

Lamb has ok numbers in AAA (3.54 FIP in a hitter friendly PCL). Has had an atrocious WHIP vs Righties most of his time in AAA, and much of this year. Though that has gotten noticeably better as the year goes along to the point of legitimately interesting. Regardless, he barely averages 5 and half innings a start. He will never be all the way back velocity wise pre TJS- it's not happening; it's better now with 89 to low 90's, however. His changeup will be key, if he can get righties out at all at the big league level, he'll have a chance. But bringing up former top prospectdom is silly. Jesus Montero was a top prospect (#18!) some time ago. He still has a ways to go to be more than a loogy candidate- he can dominate AAA/A lefties all he wants while doing so.

He has been in the organization for quite some time now, so my optimism on Lamb has been long since tempered.

Now Cody Reed, in my opinion, might actually end up being the best of the bunch if he continues to command better- and improves his changeup. In the meantime though, he'll be a fringe top 100 guy. He hasn't pitched much past A ball, so it's kind of hard to say what he is.

I, personally, am not thrilled giving away prospects for a 3 month rental, the postseason is a giant crapshoot, but I am not going to miss them more than likely. I don't believe these are impact guys at the MLB level, and haven't felt any of them could for quite some time now. Maybe I am wrong though, we will see.

I can quite plainly say I am not at all the only one (Royals fan or otherwise) who feels the same about these three pitchers. Anyone claiming I am just downplaying really needs to take a harder look. Accuse me of being a homer or critical spirit if you like though.

Yeah, I really don't see a problem with what the Royals gave up, especially given their SP situation. None of them are very exciting prospects IMO.