• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crossing my fingers Earl Stay’s and Kam play’s

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The front office people know that Earl Thomas is beginning to show his age. That's why they got fresh young talent waiting in the wings. They may not live up to being the new Legion of Boom but I still believe they'll still be very good on the back end.
I got confidence that Seahawks front office can assemble a second core of players to make a run at another SB. The first core last gasp was last year, the Seahawks went all out to give it a go. Injury and a shitty kicker derailed that and it cost them this season, with few picks and little cap space. I’m OK with that, was worth a go. Now onwards to the next core to take them to the SB.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ET wants big money. Earlier, I was on about signing him but I think the market has softened. Some team will pay for him as a UFA, but I'm not so sure they would trade much for him.
Contracts on their 1st and 2nd time around are beneficial, but those 3rd time around ones can be a bitch.
We get 1 year to figure it out.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was saying it all offseason that a 3rd is all we'd get.

1) Draft picks are more valuable than ever.
2) Earl Thomas is approaching 30.
3) Earl Thomas had a major injury.
4) Some are questioning his passion for the game after the comments about retirement and wanting to play for the Boys.
5) It was one of the deepest S/CB drafts in recent years.
6) There was a solid S free agent market.
7) He is not cheap for the remaining year.
8) He's a free agent in 2019 and will look for a big contract.

Now you may get a compensatory pick in return, but that's 2 drafts away, and the best you get is a 3rd rounder at the end... A 3rd rounder now is basically worth a 5th in 2 years (1 degrade for a pick) so it's not like whatever team trades now is getting a super bargain.

I would choose to keep him because I would want to have veteran leadership on this team I really dont think Earl is a bad guy for wanting a new contract there are reports that he isnt going to hold out. Sherman is gone and we dont know if Kam will play again. I wouldnt want a brand new starting group out there in the secondary the young guys that we have can benefit a lot from having Earl play at a high level this season. Like I said this is his contract year he will be looking to play at a pro bowl level. If he doesnt then you already know he isnt worth the money. We should be getting a ton of compensation picks from Jimmy Graham, Sheldon Richardson and Paul Richardson right?

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got confidence that Seahawks front office can assemble a second core of players to make a run at another SB. The first core last gasp was last year, the Seahawks went all out to give it a go. Injury and a shitty kicker derailed that and it cost them this season, with few picks and little cap space. I’m OK with that, was worth a go. Now onwards to the next core to take them to the SB.

I'm hoping in the next few years we bring another championship back to the Pacific Northwest. It might not happen this year with our tough schedule and the way the Rams and 49ers are building their rosters.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping in the next few years we bring another championship back to the Pacific Northwest. It might not happen this year with our tough schedule and the way the Rams and 49ers are building their rosters.

As long as RW is upright and playing, the Hawks will always be in the playoff picture.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as RW is upright and playing, the Hawks will always be in the playoff picture.
I agree, and I think he's being undersold on that aspect right now by critics. On GB, "Well, the Packers will look good for the playoffs once again because they have Aaron Rodgers!" On Seattle, "Well, they lost Bennett and Sherman, so going to be a down year." I know there's a bit more to it than, but it just doesn't seem like RW is getting the credit or respect he should be getting. This team still has lots of proven talent on it plus some younger guys who just may turn out to be the next crop of stud players. We were a league avg FG kicker from 11-5 last year, maybe even 12-4, yet some outsiders talk about this team like it went (or will go) 6-10.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As long as he has a good OL in front of him so he can go through his progressions and find the open receiver he'll be our guy for a very long time. It also helps for him to be as mobile as he is to get out of the pocket when it breaks down. That's my favorite quality of his.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, and I think he's being undersold on that aspect right now by critics. On GB, "Well, the Packers will look good for the playoffs once again because they have Aaron Rodgers!" On Seattle, "Well, they lost Bennett and Sherman, so going to be a down year." I know there's a bit more to it than, but it just doesn't seem like RW is getting the credit or respect he should be getting. This team still has lots of proven talent on it plus some younger guys who just may turn out to be the next crop of stud players. We were a league avg FG kicker from 11-5 last year, maybe even 12-4, yet some outsiders talk about this team like it went (or will go) 6-10.

Spot on my friend! This team was decimated by injuries and shit FG kicker and still had a shot at the playoffs at the end of the year cause of RW and his magic. Don't forget that GB is a media darling so it doesn't surprise me outsiders gush all over them but Seattle was noticed here with our local sports radio hosts on how well built they were on D, coached, and RW. Brian Baldinger who I think is very knowledgeable and great to listen too had nothing but great things to say during the Hawks run.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any kicker is better than Blair Walsh am I right?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he has a good OL in front of him so he can go through his progressions and find the open receiver he'll be our guy for a very long time. It also helps for him to be as mobile as he is to get out of the pocket when it breaks down. That's my favorite quality of his.

His greatest trait is knowing to when to get down when he's out of the pocket. So many QB's want that extra yard or two and end up getting banged up or causing a turnover.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His greatest trait is knowing to when to get down when he's out of the pocket. So many QB's want that extra yard or two and end up getting banged up or causing a turnover.

Often times Wilson will run out of bounds to avoid taking the big hits from LB's and safeties in the open field. He's a very smart guy. Why take a sack or force a bad throw when you can live to see 2nd down?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any kicker is better than Blair Walsh am I right?
Well, probably not literally, but his FG% was toward the bottom of the league last year, somewhere around 72% I think. But the thing is, he actually wasnt horrible all season. He got off to a pretty decent start. His big problem was he missed virtually all the really important kicks -- the one that would have put is into OT with Atlanta, the one the would have won us the game vs Arizona, and then those 3 (!!!) that cost us the Redskins game. The 3 bad misses vs WAS probably shook his confidence to the point where he wasnt recovering from that. Hopefully the Polish Cannon has a better year!

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, probably not literally, but his FG% was toward the bottom of the league last year, somewhere around 72% I think. But the thing is, he actually wasnt horrible all season. He got off to a pretty decent start. His big problem was he missed virtually all the really important kicks -- the one that would have put is into OT with Atlanta, the one the would have won us the game vs Arizona, and then those 3 (!!!) that cost us the Redskins game. The 3 bad misses vs WAS probably shook his confidence to the point where he wasnt recovering from that. Hopefully the Polish Cannon has a better year!

I've always liked Janikowski ever since he came out of college. They were worried about a guy his size being able to have enough accuracy and trajectory in his kicks. Over the course of his career he's proven to be among the very best kickers in the league.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good w/ Earl walking next season... With us not even being able to land a 2nd round draft pick for Thomas should tell you how the league views that position now... I'd rather us dump the money into other positions...

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good w/ Earl walking next season... With us not even being able to land a 2nd round draft pick for Thomas should tell you how the league views that position now... I'd rather us dump the money into other positions...

I'm hoping we can get some sort of compensation for him next season whether it'd be money from his contract or draft picks. We can't just let him "walk" in free agency.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping we can get some sort of compensation for him next season whether it'd be money from his contract or draft picks. We can't just let him "walk" in free agency.
Unless they sign him a comp pick is all the Seahawks get. Which equals the top offer the Seahawks got for him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they sign him a comp pick is all the Seahawks get. Which equals the top offer the Seahawks got for him.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure they'd still be asking for an early to mid round pick for Thomas in return.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they'd still be asking for an early to mid round pick for Thomas in return.
? What are you talking about? Unless they trade him this offseason he’s a free agent. If they sign him, doubt they trade him and I think Earl is not going to sign unless it’s a whooper of a contract, which would be foolish for the Seahawks.
Onto the second wave of core players, don’t get nostalgic about what they ( the first wave) have done in the past.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and most give little credit to our new comers.
Our new OC and OL coach as well as Penny and the TE should improve our run game dramatically.
Our new K and P along with Griffin should improve our ST's.
I think team chemistry will improve.
We lost lots of talent on D, but now younger guys get a chance to step up. I believe we will be more competitive this year and things are lining up better for next year.