• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Creighton VS. Zags

Big Z 1990

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WCC and Big East, the two biggest private-school-only conferences in college basketball, show off their rivalry again tonight. It's also a Top 25 matchup so you know it's a big deal.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WCC and Big East, the two biggest private-school-only conferences in college basketball, show off their rivalry again tonight.

Unfortunately that's where the comparisons end. The Big East is a legitimate conference that will get 4-5 teams in the tournament every year with some that have a legitimate chance to make a run to the FF. The WCC has Gonzaga and not much else. Maybe Saint Mary's depending on the year, though this year very well may not be one of them. I'm not a fan of the WCC if you couldn't tell lol.

Entertaining game, Creighton played really well in the first half. GU played zone and the Bluejays were hitting everything. Gonzaga went man in the 2nd half and Creighton really didn't have an answer for that. Gonzaga started the 2nd half on a 13-2 run to take the lead and never looked back. I'm really liking what I've seen so far from the Zags this year. They lost a lot from last year's team, and I'm not expecting another trip to the final four, but their youngsters are pretty good and add in seasoned vets like Melson and JWIII and I do think they should make it to the 2nd weekend.

Villanova on Tuesday should be a lot of fun.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzaga loses 3 starters and a lottery pick and doesnt skip a beat. They will once again be one of the best offenses in college basketball.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzaga loses 3 starters and a lottery pick and doesnt skip a beat. They will once again be one of the best offenses in college basketball.

Also surprised at how good they are despite losing most of their best players.

Thought they were overrated by polls.

Tuesday should be good game.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mark Few returned, which is the most important part of the Gonzaga program.