• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crazy thoughts...

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Steelers cut Zack Mettenberger QB. Big arm. Probably better than McGloin.

2. Clement might be the best RB on this roster right now.

3. Legarrette Blount, Jamal Charles, ... just sayin

4. We have three guys bigger than Kelce who can play Center. Time to move on.

5. Anybody hear a status on Brandon Brooks' mental issues?

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I heard Jamal Charles was scheduled to visit with the Broncos.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Charles 2nd ACL operation and he's now 30 not 20, so the recovery isn't as simple. At this point I doubt he is anywhere near the back he use to be. Not a Clement fan at RB, but I'd be open to bringing in Blount on a 1 year deal. Kelce may very well be traded any day for a 3rd or 4th rounder in 2018 if they think any of the other guys is ready to start.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Brooks anxiety issues are really something that he will need to fight and work through them with a professional therapist. I dont think there is a magic pill he is going to need to be self-aware enough to when he feels the anxiety coming on to have some sort of routine to cope or get his mind right. It might be all in your head but its still scary and a lot of times its totally irrational.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Brooks anxiety issues are really something that he will need to fight and work through them with a professional therapist. I dont think there is a magic pill he is going to need to be self-aware enough to when he feels the anxiety coming on to have some sort of routine to cope or get his mind right. It might be all in your head but its still scary and a lot of times its totally irrational.

Once he's on proper medication (which he wasn't before) he should be able to lead a normal life. I know countless people who suffer from depression and anxiety who do just fine as long as they are on their meds.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article not too long ago on Brooks' condition, and now that he is aware of what he has to deal with, I don't anticipate any issues moving forward. Don't get wrong, I'm no doctor, but he seems to have a good grasp on what he is dealing with and is taking all the right steps to have it under control. I don't get the vibe it's going to be another Shawn Andrews situation.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does everyone love about a Wisconsin RB that could only manage 4.4 ypc behind a Wisconsin offensive line? Just because he's 220? LOL

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article not too long ago on Brooks' condition, and now that he is aware of what he has to deal with, I don't anticipate any issues moving forward. Don't get wrong, I'm no doctor, but he seems to have a good grasp on what he is dealing with and is taking all the right steps to have it under control. I don't get the vibe it's going to be another Shawn Andrews situation.

Neither are psychiatrists.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does everyone love about a Wisconsin RB that could only manage 4.4 ypc behind a Wisconsin offensive line? Just because he's 220? LOL

He has some talent and seems physically impressive -- but yeah, there's a reason he went undrafted. I'm ok with him as the 3rd RB but I don't see him as more than a contributor in a backfield-by-committee.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither are psychiatrists.

Apparently this used to happen to him in Houston as well, but for some reason it was never diagnosed until he came here. Whomever is helping him now, he sounds like he is at ease with how to deal with it.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably has something to do with 15 TDs and almost 1400 yards rushing or maybe the fact that we have no other RBs that are worth anything...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably has something to do with 15 TDs and almost 1400 yards rushing or maybe the fact that we have no other RBs that are worth anything...

Holy shit, Deano. He had over 300 carries behind a Wisconsin Oline! Melvin Gordon had 2700 yards and 32 TDs.

We have at least 4 RBs that are better and we probably have 7 that are.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R-E-L-A-X. They will ad a RB or two to the mix between now and TC. They know what they need.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we wind up keeping Ryan Mathews and he goes on to have a good year that would be a huge lucky bonus for us. But, can we really rely on him? Obviously the answer is no because he hasn't proven to be anywhere near durable.

I guess the question now becomes, how do we go about addressing running back? Does anyone think we could significantly improve our running back situation at this point? How?

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Hernandez has mental issues, Brandon Brooks has a mental illness -- an anxiety disorder. Once diagnosed there's many forms of therapy and medication to help. It seems like he got diagnosed, and I'm sure he's seeking every outlet to help. I think he's going to be good to go, and I wish him the best too :suds:

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear here. Anxiety issues are nothing to sneeze at, especially not agoraphobia. Hell, I was intimidated Day One of the first draft party I attended with WIZ's brain and Wing's muscles (and brain). Mmmm, Wings. ;) I overcame (that seems weird). Regardless, I'm a BB fan.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear here. Anxiety issues are nothing to sneeze at, especially not agoraphobia. Hell, I was intimidated Day One of the first draft party I attended with WIZ's brain and Wing's muscles (and brain). Mmmm, Wings. ;) I overcame (that seems weird). Regardless, I'm a BB fan.

You sound like a doctor, Doc!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we wind up keeping Ryan Mathews and he goes on to have a good year that would be a huge lucky bonus for us. But, can we really rely on him? Obviously the answer is no because he hasn't proven to be anywhere near durable.

I guess the question now becomes, how do we go about addressing running back? Does anyone think we could significantly improve our running back situation at this point? How?

I think we should see what we got with the young guys. If we need to add somebody then we can before September.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should see what we got with the young guys. If we need to add somebody then we can before September.

Like a trade with the Saints for Ingram? :thumb:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It it doesn't cost much. I don't think he has much left in the tank.