• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crazy Shot

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in my league match last night we're on the third hole....a par 3 and I hit my shot just short of the green. The bank rises up about 10ft and then it's downhill to the hole. The only way I'm getting this up and down is a perfect 60 degree flop to the top of the slope.

Alas, my 60's not in my bag 'cause I left it on the practice green! Cripes. So I have to take my buddy's cart back to the clubhouse while everyone has to wait...fuck!

Well by the time I return all the players in my group have holed out of course and the dudes back on the tee are waiting so I'm rushing this tricky shot. It's on an up-slope so I have to swing hard at it from a tight lie. I peeked on the shot and bladed the ball hard across the green and it's headed for the back bunker when God intervened and the ball hit straight into the cloth of the flag like a friggin' catcher's mitt and dropped straight down 2ft from the pin for a cinch par.

I'd rather be lucky than good!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in my league match last night we're on the third hole....a par 3 and I hit my shot just short of the green. The bank rises up about 10ft and then it's downhill to the hole. The only way I'm getting this up and down is a perfect 60 degree flop to the top of the slope.

Alas, my 60's not in my bag 'cause I left it on the practice green! Cripes. So I have to take my buddy's cart back to the clubhouse while everyone has to wait...fuck!

Well by the time I return all the players in my group have holed out of course and the dudes back on the tee are waiting so I'm rushing this tricky shot. It's on an up-slope so I have to swing hard at it from a tight lie. I peeked on the shot and bladed the ball hard across the green and it's headed for the back bunker when God intervened and the ball hit straight into the cloth of the flag like a friggin' catcher's mitt and dropped straight down 2ft from the pin for a cinch par.

I'd rather be lucky than good!

Me and Jordan Spieth would agree. I'm sure he would've traded a little skill for some luck on #12!

Not recently, but I had a stroke of good luck myself...par 5, 2nd shot going for it two...pushed the shot to the right, wind carries it further right towards water, hit a tree, knocked it down, hit the cart path, kicks left, onto the green...30' for eagle...2 putted for birdie, won a skin on that hole too...lucky > good anyday!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet!

I putted lights out last night aside from that gift. Scored a 38 but it should have been low 40s!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good deal...I'm doing just the opposite it seems...travel to TN last weekend and played twice...struck the ball pretty good, but couldn't score worth a damn...hit like 9 GIR Friday 41-46 at least 4 3 putts...Sat was worse...42-47...I counted 7 missed putts inside 10'...at least 4 of those for par.

True, but now I'm making excuses to feel better...2nd time playing the track Friday and 1st time ever on the other one.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, that'll drive you nutz!

I've owned our uphill par 3 8th recently scoring par, par, birdie the last three times. Hit the middle of the green again last night leaving about 15ft for birdie. AAARGH!! brain fart....I hit it halfway to the hole leaving a 6-7ft curler for par.

DRAINO!

...the streak continues and I was sure I had fucked it up.

The game is really fun when you're draining putts and fucking maddening when you're missing.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess I'll drop this here. My partner Phil and I played a round yesterday and on the par 5 4th he crushed a drive and was about 230yds out. I don't recall the club...probably a 3 wood but anyway, look how fuckin' close he came to making a double eagle! He literally could not possibly have hit it any closer without it dropping so I had to snap a pick. No lucky kick or anything, he just flushed it.The guys ahead of us were clapping and said it hit the stick. Someone else warned don't knock it in with the pin still in!

20160803_171213_zps6hgauyzl.jpg

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess I'll drop this here. My partner Phil and I played a round yesterday and on the par 5 4th he crushed a drive and was about 230yds out. I don't recall the club...probably a 3 wood but anyway, look how fuckin' close he came to making a double eagle! He literally could not possibly have hit it any closer without it dropping so I had to snap a pick. No lucky kick or anything, he just flushed it.The guys ahead of us were clapping and said it hit the stick. Someone else warned don't knock it in with the pin still in!

View attachment 145053

First, let me be the first to congratulate you on your courage for coming out of the closet on tHoop. I always assumed you were gay, but having the guts to make it public is commendable. Relish the freedom, big guy.

Secondly, I'm confused about the double eagle. That's three under par, so on a par 5, it'd be two strokes. Your life partner, Phil, laid it right next to the hole on a par 5? Were you playing a course designed for amputees?

Finally, when a ball stops that close to the hole, do gay guys make inappropriate jokes similar to straight guys? Like, "I had it in his mouth, but his daddy turned the lights on," or, "it's like prom night, all mustache but no hole."

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you're so cute after you finish your homework. He's my golf league partner.

Secondly, I'm confused about the double eagle. That's three under par, so on a par 5, it'd be two strokes. So your life partner, Phil, laid it right next to the hole on a par 5? Were you playing a course designed for amputees?

I'm confused about why you're confused. It was an eagle and would have been a double eagle if it had dropped. The shot was from 230 out.

In my best Rock Strongo "You're retarded. I'm sorry."

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and I would never date a dude who wore his socks like that.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Secondly, I'm confused about the double eagle. That's three under par, so on a par 5, it'd be two strokes. So your life partner, Phil, laid it right next to the hole on a par 5? Were you playing a course designed for amputees?

I'm confused about why you're confused. It was an eagle and would have been a double eagle if it had dropped. The shot was from 230 out.

In my best Rock Strongo "You're retarded. I'm sorry."

Ah. Gotcha. Makes sense now. Mea culpa.

I do feel the need to warn you, though, looking up to Rock Strongo is a sure sign of synaptic misfires.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you're so cute after you finish your homework.

Me? Finish my own homework? Pishaw.

I'll have my mom do that shit when she comes down to the basement to bring me my Totino's Pizza Rolls and a Monster Energy Drink.