• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coyotes draft thread

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is safe to assume that mcdavid and eichel will be gone. Who do we take? I believe the pick will either be strome or hanifin. Any thoughts?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are trading it for some immediate help. If so, better be a goal scorer :hope:

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are trading it for some immediate help. If so, better be a goal scorer :hope:

I would have no problem with that. There are a handful of second tier prospects but nobody like a Patrick Kane available at 3.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coyotes are going to take strome according to reports.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of the pick? I heard hes not the best skater...

I guess we didnt get good enough offers to trade down

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of the pick? I heard hes not the best skater...

I guess we didnt get good enough offers to trade down

From what I have heard so far, the trade offers weren't even in the stratosphere of the value you can get with the third pick. They have been dangling the pick to any takers for the past week. That tells you what kind of offers they received from interested teams.

Strome was the clear third best player. You don't come across potential first line centers with the ability to score 80+ points very often. They certainly don't make it to free agency. We need to spend 12 million to reach the salary cap floor for the upcoming season. This is where we can pick up some solid defensemen. That is why I was iffy on taking hanifin.

Let's not fool ourselves, he is no mcdavid or Eichel. The team needed scoring in a bad way and he will fill that need. He will need to spend two years in the minors improving his skating and puck handling. The guy will be a good player for us. He has a nice shot and has great on-ice vision. It will be fun to see him, Domi and perlini playing together in 2-3 years.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like his size! We have been trying to add size for years with little success. He will make for a nice presence in the middle of the ice.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have heard so far, the trade offers weren't even in the stratosphere of the value you can get with the third pick. They have been dangling the pick to any takers for the past week. That tells you what kind of offers they received from interested teams.

Strome was the clear third best player. You don't come across potential first line centers with the ability to score 80+ points very often. They certainly don't make it to free agency. We need to spend 12 million to reach the salary cap floor for the upcoming season. This is where we can pick up some solid defensemen. That is why I was iffy on taking hanifin.

Let's not fool ourselves, he is no mcdavid or Eichel. The team needed scoring in a bad way and he will fill that need. He will need to spend two years in the minors improving his skating and puck handling. The guy will be a good player for us. He has a nice shot and has great on-ice vision. It will be fun to see him, Domi and perlini playing together in 2-3 years.
So atleast 2 years till we see him? Thats not terrible although im greedy and want to see him pace up right away

Glad we went foward over defense. If they stay in the desert we could have a really good young swuad in the future.

Wonder if next year will be another stinker and we get another high pick or if we go middle of the yable

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So atleast 2 years till we see him? Thats not terrible although im greedy and want to see him pace up right away

Glad we went foward over defense. If they stay in the desert we could have a really good young swuad in the future.

Wonder if next year will be another stinker and we get another high pick or if we go middle of the yable

I would expect any sooner than two years. He could be up next year if the guy progresses at a remarkable rate.

This team has committed to put fans in the seats. Scoring goals is exciting and ultimately sells tickets. We were considered a defense first team for the last several years but that is about to change.

I expect us to be more competitive next season but also fall into the first 5-7 picks. Hopefully we can find a complimentary defensemen for OEL or even a goalie prospect. I am optimistic about this teams future...whether in the desert or not.