• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

COWBOYS / In The Second Halves Of Games

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The COWBOYS led games at half time.......11 times
They were losing games at half time......3 times

In the second half of games.....The COWBOYS averaged 10.3 points.
They were shutout twice in a row.
They scored 6 points or less (in the second half)......7 times

Half time scores...consecutive games

Falcons ......10-7 losing.........zero second half points
Eagles (first time)......9-7...winning......zero second half points
Chargers ......3-0..losing.......6 second half points

COWBOYS finished the season......9 wins.....7 losses

with Ezekiel Elliot......6 wins......4 losses........3 and 3 without him

Who did they fire, again?

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by the way.. I'm not suggesting the COWBOYS fire Zeke. He's a great player. That stat, was just thrown in, to show the COWBOY'S problems, ran far deeper than Elliot getting suspended.

Linehan has been the problem, along with the red headed cheerleader. The COWBOY'S "O system" is the problem.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw where Coach Rod is kicking around retirement. If that happens, I think the Cowboys will promote Matt Eberflus...if he isn't someone else's D.C. by then.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw where Coach Rod is kicking around retirement. If that happens, I think the Cowboys will promote Matt Eberflus...if he isn't someone else's D.C. by then.
If he's thinking about it, he either needs to shit, or get off the pot. It sounds like Eberflus is on many teams short lists for DC.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's thinking about it, he either needs to shit, or get off the pot. It sounds like Eberflus is on many teams short lists for DC.
New England is interested in him. Enough said..

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that sometimes coaches and assistants in particular are held back by the talent around them and the coaches they coach under. But, is it the exceptional job Eberflus did as LBs coach this year (in particular when Lee was out) or passing game coordinator that makes him so sought after:noidea:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that sometimes coaches and assistants in particular are held back by the talent around them and the coaches they coach under. But, is it the exceptional job Eberflus did as LBs coach this year (in particular when Lee was out) or passing game coordinator that makes him so sought after:noidea:
I had heard their interest in him was as DC if Matt Patricia became a HC, which looks likely

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had heard their interest in him was as DC if Matt Patricia became a HC, which looks likely
I would be OK with us keeping him and I guess even promoting him if we feel that strongly about him, but I'm just trying to figure out what he has done that puts him on NEs radar as a DC candidate. How do they know how he would handle a defense when his main experience is here with an average to less than average defense as a LBs coach. What defense does he like to run? Is he aggressive, passive? Do our LBs strike anyone as well coached? Sean Lee is such an amazing student of the game that I think I could coach him. Did Smith look well coached or like he didn't know what was going on half the time? Wilson didn't take a step forward. I was as big a Hitchens guy as anyone since day one but he started strong and then regressed a little before he came on real strong this year.

Then to look at it from a different perspective I think about the idea of cleaning house or not with the coaches. If we are happy as is it would be nice to try to keep the group together as much as possible...but are we?

I will just have to trust Garrett here. If they want to promote him to DC I'll be happy and if they let him go I'll be OK with that too. I just hope we don't let a rumor about NE being interested hold any weight in the decision when the guy has been here for years. We should have a good idea about his potential at this point.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be OK with us keeping him and I guess even promoting him if we feel that strongly about him, but I'm just trying to figure out what he has done that puts him on NEs radar as a DC candidate. How do they know how he would handle a defense when his main experience is here with an average to less than average defense as a LBs coach. What defense does he like to run? Is he aggressive, passive? Do our LBs strike anyone as well coached? Sean Lee is such an amazing student of the game that I think I could coach him. Did Smith look well coached or like he didn't know what was going on half the time? Wilson didn't take a step forward. I was as big a Hitchens guy as anyone since day one but he started strong and then regressed a little before he came on real strong this year.

Then to look at it from a different perspective I think about the idea of cleaning house or not with the coaches. If we are happy as is it would be nice to try to keep the group together as much as possible...but are we?

I will just have to trust Garrett here. If they want to promote him to DC I'll be happy and if they let him go I'll be OK with that too. I just hope we don't let a rumor about NE being interested hold any weight in the decision when the guy has been here for years. We should have a good idea about his potential at this point.
I kinda agree here.
Hearing he would take over for Rod, my 1st thought was if we stayed in house we could keep the swarm mentality, (they play for Rod) but hopefully add some new ideas into the defense which hopefully would improve it (kinda take the best of both worlds) but on the other side, pretty much all the things you pointed out.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If rod is considering it then yea, he needs to commit one way or another.