• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys are botching the Romo situation.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you say this is one of the Cowboys 10 most embarrassing moments?

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly wish Jerry would just keep his mouth shut because he always gets caught in stupid situations because he said something dumb. As far as releasing Romo, why would Dallas release him? They have no incentive too. If they keep him he is a backup qb for 5 mil and that is cheap as hell. The longer you hold him the more desperate Houston becomes because there is no way they go into this season with Savage as their qb. On the flip side you have no idea what happens to other teams qbs, ala Minnesota last year. If a contending team loses their qb you have an instant trade war for Romo. The cowboys would be complete morons to just release Romo imo. As far as Romo is concerned I guarantee he understands the politics involved. Thank god Stephan Jones at least knows what he is doing. Time to put Jerry out to pasture.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly wish Jerry would just keep his mouth shut because he always gets caught in stupid situations because he said something dumb. As far as releasing Romo, why would Dallas release him? They have no incentive too. If they keep him he is a backup qb for 5 mil and that is cheap as hell. The longer you hold him the more desperate Houston becomes because there is no way they go into this season with Savage as their qb. On the flip side you have no idea what happens to other teams qbs, ala Minnesota last year. If a contending team loses their qb you have an instant trade war for Romo. The cowboys would be complete morons to just release Romo imo. As far as Romo is concerned I guarantee he understands the politics involved. Thank god Stephan Jones at least knows what he is doing. Time to put Jerry out to pasture.
The reason they need to move Romo and the difference between keeping him and moving him is $14M. The $19.6M related to bonuses and restructures is going to hit their cap anyway, it's just a matter of which year. But if they keep him they continue this same problem for another year and ALSO need to account for the $14M salary he will get in 2017.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly as a Bronco fan waiting to see this whole situation resolved I think what the Cowboys have done is genius other than telling Romo that he was going to be cut. The whole him releasing a video to tell Cowboy fans good bye was rough considering what happened next. I feel like that was a big time disservice to a guy that has played lights out for the most part for the organization. Yes they have rewarded him with lots and lots of money and fame but still that wasn't right. And I do think it was a bit of Jerry being Jerry and the other leaders stepping in last minute to tell him that it would be stupid to cut him right now.

Really at this point for the Cowboys waiting is the best thing they can do. Heck even waiting until after the draft and maybe even into training camp for that serious injury to occur to some QB on a team that thinks they stand a chance.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its tough to watch Romo squirm after overestimating his value. Dude thought he was Peyton, and he's finding out he's closer to Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its tough to watch Romo squirm after overestimating his value. Dude thought he was Peyton, and he's finding out he's closer to Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Is Romo squirming? And where does the Peyton/Fitzpatrick comparison come from? He's not a free agent, if he was he'd have been signed by now.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Romo squirming? And where does the Peyton/Fitzpatrick comparison come from? He's not a free agent, if he was he'd have been signed by now.

Just seemed like a few teams would be fighting to line up and to trade for him. At least that's how the media painted it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just seemed like a few teams would be fighting to line up and to trade for him. At least that's how the media painted it.

Hmm I guess I listened to some different media. Most were saying that no teams wanted to trade for him just with the risk of his age/injury history but plenty of teams want him. The other issue that has caused a lot of teams to drop out is that Romo has said he wants to go to a team that gives him a shot right away at a Super Bowl. So that teams out at least 10-15 teams from the league. Then throw in most of the top teams already have their QB situation figured out so his teams he would consider were very limited.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm I guess I listened to some different media. Most were saying that no teams wanted to trade for him just with the risk of his age/injury history but plenty of teams want him. The other issue that has caused a lot of teams to drop out is that Romo has said he wants to go to a team that gives him a shot right away at a Super Bowl. So that teams out at least 10-15 teams from the league. Then throw in most of the top teams already have their QB situation figured out so his teams he would consider were very limited.

Must have. I read a lot about how the Broncos, Texans, Bears and others were lining up for the new year to begin so a deal could be worked out. Tony even Tweeted out his farewells to Dallas. Seems like everyone on Dallas' end expected someone to make a move for him.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing botching the situation is that Romo is completely done and useless. It's too bad he's not their starter.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing botching the situation is that Romo is completely done and useless. It's too bad he's not their starter.
What I appreciate about you most is your consistency. Most people underestimate the ability to be so far from reality on such a consistent basis. Buckeye for you...:thumb:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I appreciate about you most is your consistency. Most people underestimate the ability to be so far from reality on such a consistent basis. Buckeye for you...:thumb:

Thank you.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is playing games. Shady org. They hold onto him, he'll end up getting his job back at some point next year because take Elliott away and see what happens with Dak.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is playing games. Shady org. They hold onto him, he'll end up getting his job back at some point next year because take Elliott away and see what happens with Dak.
Buckeye for you too...

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't the Boys get a 3rd or 4th round pick for Romo?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take that O-line away and see what happens to Elliott and Dak.