• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboy coaching thread

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We hired Richard as Pass Defensive Coordinator. This seems like a huge get to me. With all our young, promising DBs, he sounds like the right guy. Dare I mention a certain player that told JG to come and get him.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We hired Richard as Pass Defensive Coordinator. This seems like a huge get to me. With all our young, promising DBs, he sounds like the right guy. Dare I mention a certain player that told JG to come and get him.
Great hire! Imagine if we add a top notch safety at 19 to add to our coup from the last draft? Or do the Cowboys trade for Thomas or get hI'm after next season? And yeah the though of him taking over for marinelli is a good one.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon...at least say we expect better results next year or something...

Jason Garrett - C - Cowboys
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said coach Jason Garrett won't be on the hot seat going into next season.

"It’s fair for you to ask," said Jones Tuesday while attending a practice session for the upcoming Senior Bowl. "But he’s not on my hot seat." Jones continue to voice his confidence in Garrett despite that Dallas has only made the postseason twice in his seven-year tenure. With Ezekiel Elliott suspended for most of the second half, the Cowboys slumped to a 9-7 record in 2017, down from 13-3 a year earlier.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really liked the hire and then I started thinking. I'm pretty sure I could have coached those Seattle DBs...:scratch:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really liked the hire and then I started thinking. I'm pretty sure I could have coached those Seattle DBs...:scratch:

Or we could look at it as he was the reason behind the Legion of Boom. With exception of Thomas, the other 3 weren't highly sought after.

Sherman and Chancellor both 5th rounders. Browner - UDFA

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or we could look at it as he was the reason behind the Legion of Boom. With exception of Thomas, the other 3 weren't highly sought after.

Sherman and Chancellor both 5th rounders. Browner - UDFA
But can you honestly say that and mean it?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really look at what garret has done and come away les's than impressed. Cowboys get bitch slapped after halftime in most of those losses this season. Change i's needed and long over due.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But can you honestly say that and mean it?

I really always thought Browner was very average. Not sure how Chancellor slipped so much. He wrecked people in college too. Sherman was the 25th CB taken in his draft. I remember hearing that Harbaugh never spoke very highly of him.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said coach Jason Garrett won't be on the hot seat going into next season.

"It’s fair for you to ask," said Jones Tuesday while attending a practice session for the upcoming Senior Bowl. "But he’s not on my hot seat." Jones continue to voice his confidence in Garrett despite that Dallas has only made the postseason twice in his seven-year tenure. With Ezekiel Elliott suspended for most of the second half, the Cowboys slumped to a 9-7 record in 2017, down from 13-3 a year earlier.
I agree. Atleast say you expect better. If Garret is not on the Hot Seat next year, no playoff and he is brought back again, I will never see a Cowboy Superbowl again with Jerry in charge. That is just stupid continuing the same shit and getting the same results.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It may seem like I'm trying to contradict everything you say today, but I'm not. Just offering a different perspective. I think he may say it all with his first sentence. "It's fair of you to ask. " He could mean yes last season was a huge disappointment and acknowledging that there might be shake up of it happens again. He then says "my " hotseat. If he is taking more input from others these days like many think, then perhaps he is on someone's.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a required skillset in the Dallas head coach. First and foremost, the ability to work with all that remains Jerry Jones. Second, the ability to get maximum effort from the players, Garrett hits it outta the part in these two areas, which is why I don't see Garrett going anywhere anytime soon