• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could the Pats TRADE for Foles?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting concept brought up this morning on PFT ... Foles can be their backup option should Brady decide to retire. It's going to happen eventually and some think it will happen sooner rather than later; I mean the dude is 40, has a bunch of rings and is probably getting to the point where he just wants to enjoy life after football. The Pats have 2 first rounders (they can trade us their 2nd first) and they can train Foles to take over in 2019 after learning their system for a year. They can either work out a long term option with Foles or Franchise him after the season.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that it will happen but we'll see.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dig this idea. This is the time of year when all the crazy ass shit comes out due to boredom, waiting on the draft (Jets give up picks to move up and then trade out with Eagles for Foles is an example of a dumb one).

This one makes sense on paper.....if Foles were going anywhere this could be a possibility if the Pats were seeing it the same way. Its interesting.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially since Belechick and Brady aren't in love with each other,and Foles is easy to get along with. Who would you pick @ 31? Maybe Howie trades their pick to move back into the 2nd and 3rd, giving them a pick in every round. Speculating is fun, even if it doesn't seem realistic.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't beat 'em, trade for 'em?

source.gif

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles will be on our roster. Coach has already expressed the importance he feels in having 2 solid QB's. It just won us a SB against all odds. You can rest assured, he is even more solid in that thought pattern. Now if someone wants to give the moon, sure, he will consider it. But he has said, he won't take less than what we got for Bradford. Also, consider that Foles has had bad experiences elsewhere. Why get banged up all season, when you can sit there as the backup and come in fresher and possibly try to win it all again? He also knows how much Wentz helped him and the strong teamwork and support that this team has had. It's nice to consider, but I don't think Foles goes anywhere, nor does he want to go anywhere.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get the feeling his comments showed he is truly wanting to start, but putting that out so that the Eagles can get as much for him and increase his value. He is not ASKING to be traded and really pushing to start the way a QB does who is truly driven. Foles also said he was very willing to stay here, loved it here and knows his role as the backup. You can't look at one part of what he said and not the other.

And Brady not playing in 2018 is just drama and attention grabbing - if only by the media. Brady has "NOT" said that he is going to retire or not play either. Brady will play in 2018. book it.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though that changes my mind slightly it still is an outlier. Especially with the reports of the Patriots trying to move up for Rosen and armed to do depending if he/anyone falls.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep! things re heating up for Nicky Poo. It just doesn't make sense to keep him, as he says he wants to start. so if he leaves next year, we get zero for him except a comp pick.

The ring was good enough... even a comp pick for him would just be icing on the cake.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep! things re heating up for Nicky Poo. It just doesn't make sense to keep him, as he says he wants to start. so if he leaves next year, we get zero for him except a comp pick.
And a Super Bowl for life!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Foles is going nowhere now that he just got a restructured contract with an option to remain here next year.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that guarantees anything altho I'd like to think so. What it does is give Foles the money he earned even if we trade him.