• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could Oregon still land Chip Kelly?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be surprised if Phil Knight, Pat Kilkenny and Rob Mullens get together and figure out a strategy to get Chip Kelly to be the head coach at Oregon now that Chip is no longer with the 49ers.

Between Phil Knight, and Kilkenny, the Ducks have more then enough deep pockets to buyout Taggart fast. Plus, with Chip already automatically owed about 6.5 million from San Fran and Philly next year, Chip can come into year 1 at a cheaper cost, and get a higher salary as the years go on. It would also provide a chance for Oregon to payoff Helfrich's contract.

But one would think IF this happened, would Chip bring back Helfrich? Therefore somehow negating his guaranteed owed money from Oregon? That is an interesting theory to ponder.

There is no doubt that Oregon wanted Chip a few weeks ago, but Chip stayed loyal to SF and his players. He also probably thought the front office had his back.

This is a chance for Oregon to really show their worth and go bring Chip home to where he has had proven success. It may be an unpopular move amongst the CFB world at first, but within months it will be forgotten and most certainly will be considered a wise move when Oregon starts lifting PAC titles again next year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3sdzif.jpg

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hells to the NO - Willie is off to a great start.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful bro.
I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if they are at least thinking this and trying to figure out a way.

You may even be able to keep Willie on as OC, move Chip into the HC position and keep Leavitt at DC.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is like thinking about your Ex while you're on your honeymoon. Too late, man. You jumped the gun and are stuck with a half-ass coach that will get his lunch eaten in the Pac-12. If I was a Duck, I'd be sick about this situation. I don't like Chip Kelly or Oregon but I do know the two are a good match and could have won a lot more games together if things had just been timed better. The social justice warriors would have Oregon's ass if you dropped Willie now.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is like thinking about your Ex while you're on your honeymoon. Too late, man. You jumped the gun and are stuck with a half-ass coach that will get his lunch eaten in the Pac-12. If I was a Duck, I'd be sick about this situation. I don't like Chip Kelly or Oregon but I do know the two are a good match and could have won a lot more games together if things had just been timed better. The social justice warriors would have Oregon's ass if you dropped Willie now.

You're wrong about Taggart. Guy has more fire then anyone I've seen and loads of heart and determination. He's fearless out on the recruiting trail and if you see his USF team play, my God, it's terrifying for defenses.

But if Chip is available, you get Chip.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're wrong about Taggart. Guy has more fire then anyone I've seen and loads of heart and determination. He's fearless out on the recruiting trail and if you see his USF team play, my God, it's terrifying for defenses.

But if Chip is available, you get Chip.

OK, let me look at it from a different perspective. Some cat has just been named the new head coach at Oklahoma and the fans are looking around at each other since Barry Switzer is back in town and available. It's a pretty good bet we'd be thinking the same think you are. But, and it's a big "but", you would be ridiculed like a mofo if you did hire Kelly now and downgraded/fired/sent Willie off with a huge check for doing nothing. That's why it won't happen.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, let me look at it from a different perspective. Some cat has just been named the new head coach at Oklahoma and the fans are looking around at each other since Barry Switzer is back in town and available. It's a pretty good bet we'd be thinking the same think you are. But, and it's a big "but", you would be ridiculed like a mofo if you did hire Kelly now and downgraded/fired/sent Willie off with a huge check for doing nothing. That's why it won't happen.

Like I stated in my post. Sure it looks bad for Oregon for a few months while its still a news story, but after awhile (most certainly before next season) it is forgotten and when Oregon gets back to their ways with Chip it looks like a brilliant move.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THIS ^^^^^

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro, you need to go back to your Chip Kelly Memories Thread.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I stated in my post. Sure it looks bad for Oregon for a few months while its still a news story, but after awhile (most certainly before next season) it is forgotten and when Oregon gets back to their ways with Chip it looks like a brilliant move.

I'm in the % of fans that don't care what it takes to win so long as people are obeying the law and not doing asinine stuff like slugging women (even if they probably were egging someone on). Hell, I'd play Hitler at QB if he could run a pro-style offense. So I'd probably defend Oregon crapping on Taggart and hiring Chip. But the SJW crowd would be all over your case like they have been about Joe Mixon at OU. Al Davis said it best: "Just win, baby.".

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the % of fans that don't care what it takes to win so long as people are obeying the law and not doing asinine stuff like slugging women (even if they probably were egging someone on). Hell, I'd play Hitler at QB if he could run a pro-style offense. So I'd probably defend Oregon crapping on Taggart and hiring Chip. But the SJW crowd would be all over your case like they have been about Joe Mixon at OU. Al Davis said it best: "Just win, baby.".

Then Oregon and the PAC-12 find a way to make sure Musburger calls all our games and it would be fine.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About fucking time!

We've all been waiting for this thread now for days.

Slacker.

:pop2: