• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could be a little clue to Big 12 Expansion?

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All sounds good, but I have been around awhile. I can guarantee you that if 'Bama goes undefeated but has a total SOS & RPI lower than 10 other teams, 'Bama will get one of the 4 slots. :L
I doubt we will have wait long to see how bias works it way into the process.
Much like when the BCS was implemented, people will be screaming this year
about who got in and why someone else deserved it more.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thus the reason why they should just go ahead and make it a 16 team playoff and forget this bandaid approach. There is less concern for screwing a team out of the 16th spot than there is the 4th spot.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bama goes undefeated, I don't see how they could have a lower SOS or RPI. Simply playing in the SEC would provide them with a high ranking in either category. The SEC west is the toughest division in college football.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the big12 is honest in not wanting to expand where the hell is cincy going to go? big12 can wait all they want on this one.....

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coolbeans, the Big XII has enough heft to target a major power. There's no need to take leftovers and hand-me-downs, not yet anyway. Cincy would make a lot of sense for WVU. Natural rival and a bridge into the conference. I really wish they'd have moved for UofL though. They'd have been a better fit than Cincy.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coolbeans, the Big XII has enough heft to target a major power. There's no need to take leftovers and hand-me-downs, not yet anyway. Cincy would make a lot of sense for WVU. Natural rival and a bridge into the conference. I really wish they'd have moved for UofL though. They'd have been a better fit than Cincy.

I hate to say it, but the more I think about it, I do not see the B12 going after Cinci anytime soon. I think they may well go after Florida schools and BYU, leaving us still on that island. The B12 fucked up by not taking WVU, Cinci, UL and TCU all at once. As to the heft of the B12, I say they do not, can you honestly say you could see anyone leaving one of the other leagues for the B12? I cant see it, We all know the SEC, B11 and PAC are not going anywhere, so that leaves the ACC, which seems comfortable now, former BE/CUSA teams since all the originals except Temple are in a new league so they probably wouldnt come either.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 12 isn't going to expand anytime soon and it doesn't have to. CCG's are about as meaningless as they get; hell, ND and Bama just proved a couple of years ago just how meaningless CCG's are. I'm pretty sure nobody gave a shit about the Big 12 South Champ beating down the weak North Champ all those years and recently, nobody cared about 6-6 UCLA playing Oregon in the Pac CCG back in '11 and I know nobody gave a shit about FSU playing Duke. If a Big 12 team goes undefeated, a Big 12 team will be included in the playoff. To think it won't is pretty stupid. Depending where a 1 loss Big 12 team is ranked, it will qualify for the playoff. The Big 12's existence depends solely on Texas and OU, period. Adding teams doesn't mean anything, and for the record, Texas and OU aren't going anywhere and are committed to the Big 12, so don't worry.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 12 isn't going to expand anytime soon and it doesn't have to. CCG's are about as meaningless as they get; hell, ND and Bama just proved a couple of years ago just how meaningless CCG's are. I'm pretty sure nobody gave a shit about the Big 12 South Champ beating down the weak North Champ all those years and recently, nobody cared about 6-6 UCLA playing Oregon in the Pac CCG back in '11 and I know nobody gave a shit about FSU playing Duke. If a Big 12 team goes undefeated, a Big 12 team will be included in the playoff. To think it won't is pretty stupid. Depending where a 1 loss Big 12 team is ranked, it will qualify for the playoff. The Big 12's existence depends solely on Texas and OU, period. Adding teams doesn't mean anything, and for the record, Texas and OU aren't going anywhere and are committed to the Big 12, so don't worry.

They may be meaningless if the favored team wins, they are VERY meaningful if the underdog wins. I question the commitment of UT and OU, just three years ago they were trying very hard to join the PAC.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is going no where, no one else will let them have the LHN. Oklahoma is going no where, they are staying where Texas is. The Big12 is good. The problem before was unequal revenue, that has been addressed and all get the same except their tier 3 rights which is up to the school.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may be meaningless if the favored team wins, they are VERY meaningful if the underdog wins. I question the commitment of UT and OU, just three years ago they were trying very hard to join the PAC.

If Texas had tried hard to join the PAC, they'd be in the PAC.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True enough, and geat reference to the BIG ( which is tOSU/Michigan centered) the BIG went years without a ccg and did just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have been long gone to the SEC with aTm and Missouri.
Fuck Texas.
We played them for almost a hundred years out of conference.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems these two articles tend the point the same way; that the Big 12 is dead man walking IF and I mean IF they don't expand, but also has the potential with the deep pockets of their fanbases to be great IF they can get to 12 or 14 schools. Personally, I think adding two schools NOW makes the Big 12 VIABLE to get 1 or 2 MORE "big boys" on the next wave of expansion. Those first two schools seem to be in this order in my opinion:

1. Cincinnati
2. Brigham Young
3. UConn
4. Central Florida
5. South Florida

Also, in my opinion, if the Big 12 does not expand, and we end up in the 4 super conference model with only 16 teams per conference, WVU could (not will, could) get left out. That's near blasphemy, and I'd hope it did not happen and I think the odds are in our favor, but it could happen. We need the Big 12 to succeed as a fifth power conference.

My friend you have set the bar waaay to low....once the media rights have expired and its apparent there will even be more money down the road when it does...teams like FSU , Texas A&M and Nebraska could be running at the chance to either join or re-join a conference that is more in there demogrphic and paying just as much if not more than the other power conferences...and also the double bonus for less travel costs.......

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have been long gone to the SEC with aTm and Missouri.
Fuck Texas.
We played them for almost a hundred years out of conference.

You will do what your daddy wants you to do and you will like it......

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, the Pac was interested and reached out. When it looked like the Big 12 was finished, Texas wanted to bring OU, Okie Jr, TTECH and Aggy to the Pac. When Texas politics pretty much ended all of that, Texas and OU then decided it would be best to keep the Big 12 intact. Once Nebraska left, then the conference voted in favor of finally bringing in equal revenue sharing, since Nebraska was the one school that pushed hard for unequal revenue sharing when the Big 12 was formed, which made sense b/c they were the big dog in all of CFB at the time and were on prime time TV all the time. Once the Huskers became dogshit and irrelevant, they then started bitching about the problem they created (that's another story and off subject, my bad!). No need to question UT's commitment; UT is 100% committed to the Big 12.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas,

Unless you like banging your head against a wall…. you're waisting time trying to convince DAD about Texas. There's been many a Texas fan posting the same to him… yet, he trolls our boards with the same bullshit all the time.

All he's doing is stirring the pot…

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB, Texas was very much interested in going to the PAC, Oklahoma was ready to sign, when the PAC told Texas that the league owned ALL media rights, they talked and negotiated, Texas decided that the LHN was more valuable in a league they run, than being the new kid on the block. No pot stiring at all, just stating what happened, and there are Texas fans who are just like you dc and Lambert who twist things into your rose colored glass mentality. The discussions will resume again.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course DAD wants us all to believe he knows more about the Texas situation than someone embedded in their program.

Because… he's DAD…