• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Corey Robinson - gone?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hows it going fellas. Long time no see. Hey i was reading Corey might call it quits because of his multiple concussions? You guys hear anything? You're losing a ton at WR from last year right? Big blow if he';s gone or not? I'm sure with his family money and his ND degree he'd be just fine without football so it's an easier choice for him if he's worried about long term health.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hows it going fellas. Long time no see. Hey i was reading Corey might call it quits because of his multiple concussions? You guys hear anything? You're losing a ton at WR from last year right? Big blow if he';s gone or not? I'm sure with his family money and his ND degree he'd be just fine without football so it's an easier choice for him if he's worried about long term health.
Will know for sure before summer camp but it's looking that way. He has a lot else going on in his life and I don't think he has any NFL aspirations. Student Body Prez, involved in other charitable organizations, etc. seems he might go the Steve Elmer route.

As far as WR attrition, seems like it's one position we can say we reload at. Tori Hunter is making a move this spring and Kevin Stepherson is an under the radar pick. The way the staff has been raving about him he'll get a lot of PT this fall as a true freshman.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably the one position that they can take a hit from. Also I'm not sure even if he were healthy he would see the field a lot this season due to the fact that a lot of the younger guys could pass him on the depth chart.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no Big loss. He already 5th or 6th on depth chart. His has a bright future outside of football.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no Big loss. He already 5th or 6th on depth chart. His has a bright future outside of football.

I took a look at articles before the revelation and he was either 1st or 2nd team at one WR spot and was your most experienced WR with double the TDs yards and catches of the next most experienced WR. I noticed he had some big drops last year is that why he wasn't thought of as highly for this season?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took a look at articles before the revelation and he was either 1st or 2nd team at one WR spot and was your most experienced WR with double the TDs yards and catches of the next most experienced WR. I noticed he had some big drops last year is that why he wasn't thought of as highly for this season?
Yup and the recruits we have brought in the last 2 years surpass his ability. ND has some talented group of WR's. We have 5-7 WRs that can play on the 1st team. especially if they land Drob.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup and the recruits we have brought in the last 2 years surpass his ability. ND has some talented group of WR's. We have 5-7 WRs that can play on the 1st team. especially if they land Drob.

lol. Thats quite a statement . It's hard to have even three prime time ones playing at one time. And there's not enough balls and reps to get more than three on a roll especially if you also want to throw to the TE. I think you'll see that your team will get down to 3 of them and you wont see much of the other except for certain situations. I do hear you have a TE that might or could get some time at both TE and WR similar to Michigans Bunchess (I think that was his name). That will take even more plays away from your WRs. But that would be tough to defend.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Thats quite a statement . It's hard to have even three prime time ones playing at one time. And there's not enough balls and reps to get more than three on a roll especially if you also want to throw to the TE. I think you'll see that your team will get down to 3 of them and you wont see much of the other except for certain situations. I do hear you have a TE that might or could get some time at both TE and WR similar to Michigans Bunchess (I think that was his name). That will take even more plays away from your WRs. But that would be tough to defend.
On no we will have about 3-5 guys at the WR spot. Im just stating we have Depth at that position. Add on top of that if we Land Drob. That might change the spots to. Right now our 3 guys are Holmes, St brown and Hunter Jr. Others that will see some action is Sanders, Boykins and Stepherson.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On no we will have about 3-5 guys at the WR spot. Im just stating we have Depth at that position. Add on top of that if we Land Drob. That might change the spots to. Right now our 3 guys are Holmes, St brown and Hunter Jr. Others that will see some action is Sanders, Boykins and Stepherson.

Whos the TE that might get a lot of action? Is that the kid from Bishop Gorman?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whos the TE that might get a lot of action? Is that the kid from Bishop Gorman?
Both TEs will see action. Smythe and Jones. Jones is the more of the pass catcher. Jones coming out of High school was rated as the #1 or #2 TE. Smythe is the more all around TE. He can do it all.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both TEs will see action. Smythe and Jones. Jones is the more of the pass catcher. Jones coming out of High school was rated as the #1 or #2 TE. Smythe is the more all around TE. He can do it all.

That's cool. we finally saw more than a few token passes to the TE the spring game. Coach said he will get back to using all the receivers not just focus on one or two. This is the first year in a long time two weapons come back at WR with Juju and adoree. If they add throws to the TE it's going to make the offense hard to stop.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool. we finally saw more than a few token passes to the TE the spring game. Coach said he will get back to using all the receivers not just focus on one or two. This is the first year in a long time two weapons come back at WR with Juju and adoree. If they add throws to the TE it's going to make the offense hard to stop.
JuJu still hurts. I thought we had him. Great athlete.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Robinson decided to officially call it quits. Too bad, he was a good player and a good person. I think he has a great life ahead of him, probably a good idea to leave after three concussions.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the writing on the wall for awhile now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Robinson decided to officially call it quits. Too bad, he was a good player and a good person. I think he has a great life ahead of him, probably a good idea to leave after three concussions.
The only bad thing is we now replace our Top 4 WRs. Talk about a whole new WR core.

To be honest he wouldnt play this year and I think he saw the writing on the wall.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only bad thing is we now replace our Top 4 WRs. Talk about a whole new WR core.

To be honest he wouldnt play this year and I think he saw the writing on the wall.

I also think the concussion issues played a part. To be honest I think he did see the writing on the wall that his career path wasn't trending to the NFL so he made a choice for his health and future.