• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Contract Extension Talks Done

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc... are you ready to come back home?

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU, Holgorsen no longer discussing new contract

WVU has also made no moves to further secure its coaching staff. The university responded to an open records request last week that sought contracts for assistant coaches. No assistants have been granted extensions. Multiple sources said that was a major factor in cornerbacks coach Brian Mitchell leaving last week to take a job at Virginia Tech. - See more at: WVU, Holgorsen no longer discussing new contract

Tried to find a website that showed assistant coaches contracts, but could not find an all inclusive one. The few contract renewals that I could find showed multi year contracts. Is Shane lying or is he attempting to align assistant coaches contracts with that of head coaches?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to act fast, Doc is currently kicking our arses in the recruiting rankings...:pop2:

With this move by Lyons, I expect Doc will deliver a woodshed type beating this year.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder whats going on...They played this game at LSU with Miles...LSU looked like fools in the end..

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder whats going on....

JMO but I'm guessing Lyons offered a contract extension that was slanted a little better to WVU (think manageable buyout) and Dana wasn't having it so.... now he had better win 9-10 games or so this year or....he gone and Lyons is going to bring in "his guy" (which should clearly be Doc).

If he DOES win X amount of games then... he gets the nice new extension out of WVU's full Big12 payout.

jarringjev

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't bringing back Doc be like in-breeding?? It doesn't work in genetics and most of the time it does not fare well in the workplace. Yes, has done a good job at Marshall. I have read about numerous minor league managers who were real good fall on their face managing a major league club. The "good ole boy" mentality shown in these posts were part of the reasons why the EEOC was formed by the feds.

Not saying that Doc would be a poor choice, I'm just saying there risks in a decision to hire a coach. All the talk about a national championship is nice but remember that WV has only played in one NC game in 120+/- years of football. Due to geography and other considerations, I think it will be a while before they compete in a NC game again. I am so pessimistic about this that I believe if it were possible to lure Lou Saban to Morgantown, I do not think a NC would be possible.

I have written the above because I was born and raised in WV and we West Virginians had a tendency to over rate our abilities.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't bringing back Doc be like in-breeding?? It doesn't work in genetics and most of the time it does not fare well in the workplace. Yes, has done a good job at Marshall. I have read about numerous minor league managers who were real good fall on their face managing a major league club. The "good ole boy" mentality shown in these posts were part of the reasons why the EEOC was formed by the feds.

Not saying that Doc would be a poor choice, I'm just saying there risks in a decision to hire a coach. All the talk about a national championship is nice but remember that WV has only played in one NC game in 120+/- years of football. Due to geography and other considerations, I think it will be a while before they compete in a NC game again. I am so pessimistic about this that I believe if it were possible to lure Lou Saban to Morgantown, I do not think a NC would be possible.

I have written the above because I was born and raised in WV and we West Virginians had a tendency to over rate our abilities.

DOC would not be the right choice...He would be the equivalent of hiring Bill Stewart again..but if you liked Bill..then I guess you would love Doc!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DOC would not be the right choice...He would be the equivalent of hiring Bill Stewart again..but if you liked Bill..then I guess you would love Doc!

This is just :trash: and you know it. Doc would be a home run hire for WVU football, no question about that.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just :trash: and you know it. Doc would be a home run hire for WVU football, no question about that.

He would??...How so??..He is going to be 60 this year..the program would transition....again.... so 4 years to get "HIS GUYS" in puts him at retirement age...he absolutely does not have the ability to position Wv for a NC run...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pssssstttttt...........Slaton.
GR is :trash:. I know that all the running he does hasn't shorted out his brain. Lyons is up to something with his "assistant coaches are on a year to year contract and that is the norm" statement. Is Lyons lying? Maybe he is bringing Nick Saban here.......or Doc.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would??...How so??..He is going to be 60 this year..the program would transition....again.... so 4 years to get "HIS GUYS" in puts him at retirement age...he absolutely does not have the ability to position Wv for a NC run...
Nick Saban
Mark Dantonio
Urban Meyer

all in the same age range as Doc. PLUS we get the built HCIW by keeping his guy Seider on staff. The WVU coaching legacy lives on.

Last edited:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pssssstttttt...........Slaton.
GR is :trash:. I know that all the running he does hasn't shorted out his brain. Lyons is up to something with his "assistant coaches are on a year to year contract and that is the norm" statement. Is Lyons lying? Maybe he is bringing Nick Saban here.......or Doc.
Don't need to spend that much on Saban, we get the same thing in Doc at a much lower price tag.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't need to spend that much on Saban, we get the same thing in Doc at a much lower price tag.
Maybe all that running did short out his brain. I don't Poppy would make a statement like that.......I hope.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder whats going on...They played this game at LSU with Miles...LSU looked like fools in the end..

We all know how Dana likes to drink and gamble. Well....the drunk is gambling on his future. Lyons offered him a contract extension without guaranteed income for the added years.

Dana thinks his team is in good position to have a big year. If WVU isn't sure about Dana, he will prove himself this year. If WVU has a big year, the drunk has the upper hand. WVU will have to up the ante, or a more elite school will go after him hard with a sweet deal.

Shane is betting on Doc being available...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God lying Lyons has a contingency plan. Kind of reminds me of a time when WVU was attempting to turn the corner and after a huge Bowl victory, a bunch of drunks made a critical decision on the next HC after RR vacated Dodge. Doc...Doc...Doc.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were 100 HC vacancy's last year...I didn't hear Doc's name mentioned once!..Not even for Memphis!!