• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congrats BIG E 88

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well deserved and finally got in. It's gotta feel good for this guy. I still think he should have been in years ago, but he's in now. One of my all-time favorite Flyers. I wiil take a trip up to Toronto soon.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next up Tim Kerr
Almost 1 point per game for career,and I would take him over Cam Neely
Tim Kerr was my favorite Flyer as a kid. Loved watching #12 park in front of the net. Another player who had a history of being injured. I think back issues ended his career if I'm not mistaken?

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Kerr was my favorite Flyer as a kid. Loved watching #12 park in front of the net. Another player who had a history of being injured. I think back issues ended his career if I'm not mistaken?

I believe he still holds NHL record for pp goals in a year,if I'm not mistaken. 27?

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he still holds NHL record for pp goals in a year,if I'm not mistaken. 27?
I think you are right. I see Pat Quinn also got in under "builder's"? Surprised Recchi didn't get the nod?

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right. I see Pat Quinn also got in under "builder's"? Surprised Recchi didn't get the nod?

lol- one of the few reasons I use to tune in to Leafs and Canucks games was only because Quinn was behind bench.

The guy had an intense love of the game,and was anything but boring

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol- one of the few reasons I use to tune in to Leafs and Canucks games was only because Quinn was behind bench.

The guy had an intense love of the game,and was anything but boring
Yup.. Another guy I find interestin is Brian Burke. I saw him last Friday at the draft. Dude is entertaining.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way overdue, really. His jersey is still one of only three different player jerseys that I own. We used to have a big, old Dodge truck in MI in the late 90's with the license plate E-Train. And yes, I had to sit through being swept in the Finals by the hometown team...

Despite perhaps not living up to lofty expectations, largely due to injury, Lindros was clearly one of the most dominant forces in the Nhl for 6-8 years. The Legion of Doom was also probably one of the most dominant lines ever. That said, Johnny LeClair was always my favorite player, but he likely owes a lot of the credit for his success to Lindros...Lol

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way overdue, really. His jersey is still one of only three different player jerseys that I own. We used to have a big, old Dodge truck in MI in the late 90's with the license plate E-Train. And yes, I had to sit through being swept in the Finals by the hometown team...

Despite perhaps not living up to lofty expectations, largely due to injury, Lindros was clearly one of the most dominant forces in the Nhl for 6-8 years. The Legion of Doom was also probably one of the most dominant lines ever. That said, Johnny LeClair was always my favorite player, but he likely owes a lot of the credit for his success to Lindros...Lol
I'll be heading up to Toronto in November. That is something I really would like to see, his induction will be one I will always look forward to. Pat Quin as well.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, I hate to do this, but WTF exactly happened in '97 anyway? Were we not favored to win that series and we got swept? I guess Detroit played a better team game top to bottom and Osgood probably stood on his head some. Shit, it wasn't even Osgood yet. It was fucking Mike Vernon. That said, the Wings were better than everyone first thought.

It just seems like every single time we attempt to win a Cup, we run into a fucking dynasty team. These teams are ALL legit dynasties of their times. It's not even up for debate.

Montreal in '76 (won 4 straight Cups, starting against us)
Islanders in '80 (won 4 straight Cups, starting against us)
Oilers in '85 and '87 (won 5 Cups in 7 years, two against us)
Wings in '97 (won 3 out of 6 Cups, starting with us)
Hawks in '10 (won 3 of the last 7 Cups, also starting with us)

Those are the Cup winners the last SIX times we've been to the Finals.

Stop me if you've seen a pattern here...Lol

It's really fucking uncanny actually. I should make an entire thread on this. It's absolutely unreal.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, I hate to do this, but WTF exactly happened in '97 anyway? Were we not favored to win that series and we got swept? I guess Detroit played a better team game top to bottom and Osgood probably stood on his head some. Shit, it wasn't even Osgood yet. It was fucking Mike Vernon. That said, the Wings were better than everyone first thought.

It just seems like every single time we attempt to win a Cup, we run into a fucking dynasty team. These teams are ALL legit dynasties of their times. It's not even up for debate.

Montreal in '76 (won 4 straight Cups, starting against us)
Islanders in '80 (won 4 straight Cups, starting against us)
Oilers in '85 and '87 (won 5 Cups in 7 years, two against us)
Wings in '97 (won 3 out of 6 Cups, starting with us)
Hawks in '10 (won 3 of the last 7 Cups, also starting with us)

Those are the Cup winners the last SIX times we've been to the Finals.

Stop me if you've seen a pattern here...Lol

It's really fucking uncanny actually. I should make an entire thread on this. It's absolutely unreal.
Don't start a new thread put it on the 5k for a Stanley cup thread. It is unreal how whenever we are good we run into someone whose that much better.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Loved Kerr and his style of play

If I remember correctly (dang I'm getting old) he also had a lot of shoulder operations

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved Kerr and his style of play

If I remember correctly (dang I'm getting old) he also had a lot of shoulder operations
I think he did. His back is what ultimately put his career to an end. He took a lot of abuse parked in front of the goalie crease.