• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Confidence

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When interviewing Mike Babcock on the NHL Entry Draft telecast on the second day of the NHL Network broadcast, he was asked about the quality of the players, and his response was that it is all about confidence. He said: " I looked at our first selection in this year's draft, Martin Frk, and asked him directly 'are you any good?' He, immediately responded by telling me; "I am good and I'm ready to play". Babs then went on to say that it's that kind of confidence where you can believe in such a player.

That's been the montra of several coaches in the developmental segment of the players they've coached coming up through the ranks, as I have for such long time; since, in my opinion, there are two main things that are key for a player to move more quickly to the next level than anything else - those being, the coaching that is provided, and equally important, is the player's attitude, where "confidence" leads the charge in there.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where as confidence is good, without talent, work ethic, humility, passion, intelligence, instinct, it is nothing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And, although those things you mentioned are present in most who areof the btter players, without confidence, those things resemble toilet pper, in that they become unipurposive.

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just a quick FYI, jiri fischer was the one who pointed the wings in the direction of frk