• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tournament Thread Conference USA Tournament

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Mid Tenn State gets the benefit of the doubt, that is a good team. They're a case where the RPI tells a better story because they picked up so many solid road wins throughout the year

vs who???

They didnt beat a single at large team.

And just lost to a team that called me to see if I had eligibility

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vs who???

They didnt beat a single at large team.

And just lost to a team that called me to see if I had eligibility

How many home games did they get vs at-large teams?? 0

They had to go on the road for each one, are we really going to force this team to beat Auburn on the road and USC in Hawai'i to make the tournament? How many bubble teams can even do that?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They had to go on the road for each one, are we really going to force this team to beat Auburn on the road and USC in Hawai'i to make the tournament? How many bubble teams can even do that?

They aren't going to get home games vs. at large quality teams, so they need to take care of business in conference, and OOC. You can't get swept by Marshall, lose to Belmont at home, and lose on a neutral to a team like Southern Miss. Based on their resume, and the quality of their play, they deserve to be squarely on the bubble and probably on the wrong side of it, at this point. Losing to a team as bad as Southern Miss is a bad last impression, plus bubble teams like USC, UCLA and Alabama have really helped themselves and probably surpassed MTSU at this point.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't going to get home games vs. at large quality teams, so they need to take care of business in conference, and OOC. You can't get swept by Marshall, lose to Belmont at home, and lose on a neutral to a team like Southern Miss. Based on their resume, and the quality of their play, they deserve to be squarely on the bubble and probably on the wrong side of it, at this point. Losing to a team as bad as Southern Miss is a bad last impression, plus bubble teams like USC, UCLA and Alabama have really helped themselves and probably surpassed MTSU at this point.

It's tough though because they have the target on their back, Marshall clearly put a lot of effort into beating them since they did it twice. New Mexico or San Diego State likely stole a bid too now

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

USC has quite a few head scratchers

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Western Kentucky get an at large @ericd7633
Probably not. If they had beaten Villanova and split the series with MTSU, they might've had a shot. But those loses to Ohio and UTSA are going to weigh heavily against them. I can see them as an NIT team if they accept the invitation.