• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Composite Way-Too-Early Top 25

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we end up in the top 25, I'd be thrilled. Honestly, I just hope we don't lose our tourney streak. Happ's obviously an elite talent, but I can't think of Wisconsin team in my fandom lifetime (say, the last 20 years) whose #2 was as weak as this bunch. Trice will probably be our second best player next year and I don't think he even cracks the eight-man rotation on our Final Four teams.

Trice will be a role player like he was last year. Brad Davison will be the starting PG and Kobe King will be the starting SG. This is our best freshman class ever. Kobe King could be the freshman of the year in the BIG and Happ will be the BIG POY. This team might start slow but finish strong like they did two years ago.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 of those guys are outside the top 100 depending on which recruiting service you look at. But either way expecting fringe top 100 guys to come in and be significant contributions isn't really realistic, unless they happen to start, but that would be a bad thing IMO because they won't be ready. I think I would project them to make the tournament(double digit seed) but I can't see how they are a top 25 team.

They were all in the top 100 on most ranking systems at one point. Nathan Reuvers is 52 on Scout right now Brad Davison is at 93 on Rivals and Kobe King is at one point was in the top 50 until he broke his hand and is easily the best of the group by far.The Dude averaged 28 and 12 rebounds as a SG. He can dunk from the FT, drain the three with ease off the dribble and D lock down the best player at 4 positions.

Will all three of these guys dominate and take them the the NC game again? Probably not, but they're again the most talented freshmen class UW has ever had which is significant since the coaching staff has turned no name 2 star players into NCAA POY's and make the NBA. Outside the top 40 is blatant disrespect at this point. Top 25 is debatable as they will have to earn that since they're very young and inexperienced but have the talent, coaching and system to get there for sure.

In the end the top 25 rankings are meaningless as the only thing that matters is making the tournament as we seen last year with the Badgers after taking out Nova despite not being in the top 25.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were all in the top 100 on most ranking systems at one point. Nathan Reuvers is 52 on Scout right now Brad Davison is at 93 on Rivals and Kobe King is at one point was in the top 50 until he broke his hand and is easily the best of the group by far.The Dude averaged 28 and 12 rebounds as a SG. He can dunk from the FT, drain the three with ease off the dribble and D lock down the best player at 4 positions.

Will all three of these guys dominate and take them the the NC game again? Probably not, but they're again the most talented freshmen class UW has ever had which is significant since the coaching staff has turned no name 2 star players into NCAA POY's and make the NBA. Outside the top 40 is blatant disrespect at this point. Top 25 is debatable as they will have to earn that since they're very young and inexperienced but have the talent, coaching and system to get there for sure.

In the end the top 25 rankings are meaningless as the only thing that matters is making the tournament as we seen last year with the Badgers after taking out Nova despite not being in the top 25.

I'm just saying, banking on kids who are outside the top 50 and even top 100 to contribute significantly as freshman is a little unrealistic. Kobe King won't even start. Just because this is the best freshman class UW has ever had doesn't really mean much because it's not even considered a top 25 class in the country.

And of course being ranked is rather meaningless, but I just don't see Wisconsin as a top 25 team next year. Could they make the tournament and win a couple games? Sure because double digits seed do it all the time. Heck South Carolina wasn't even a top 25 team and made the FF.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying, banking on kids who are outside the top 50 and even top 100 to contribute significantly as freshman is a little unrealistic. Kobe King won't even start. Just because this is the best freshman class UW has ever had doesn't really mean much because it's not even considered a top 25 class in the country.

And of course being ranked is rather meaningless, but I just don't see Wisconsin as a top 25 team next year. Could they make the tournament and win a couple games? Sure because double digits seed do it all the time. Heck South Carolina wasn't even a top 25 team and made the FF.

They're in top 15 according to their 247 average and would most likely be top 10 if it wasn't for Kobe's hand injury.

2017 Basketball Team Rankings

You have to be either high or have never watched Kobe King to believe he won't be starting. The guy has an NBA body and athleticism already. If there was ever a one and done with UW it would be him.

In the end it's about the match ups, and peaking at the right time in terms of tournament play.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're in top 15 according to their 247 average and would most likely be top 10 if it wasn't for Kobe's hand injury.

2017 Basketball Team Rankings

You have to be either high or have never watched Kobe King to believe he won't be starting. The guy has an NBA body and athleticism already. If there was ever a one and done with UW it would be him.

In the end it's about the match ups, and peaking at the right time in terms of tournament play.

That link you just gave me has them at #27. And wow, you're really drinking the kool-aid on this King kid. I've never see him play because he wasn't good enough to be invited to anything(McDonald's AA game, Jordan Brand Classic etc..) You really think a kid ranked 167th in his class can be one and done? Have you heard of Christian Vital, Brodricks Jones, Kevin Zabo or Juwan Parker? My guess would be no, and those are players ranked at 167 in previous 4 years.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That link you just gave me has them at #27. And wow, you're really drinking the kool-aid on this King kid. I've never see him play because he wasn't good enough to be invited to anything(McDonald's AA game, Jordan Brand Classic etc..) You really think a kid ranked 167th in his class can be one and done? Have you heard of Christian Vital, Brodricks Jones, Kevin Zabo or Juwan Parker? My guess would be no, and those are players ranked at 167 in previous 4 years.

1.) I said average which is listed to the left. The average is the average score of each recruit in the class.
2.) That's because Kobe was the Gatorade Player of the year in WI :). Again at one point he was in the top 50 until he broke his hand which I believe played a role in him not being invited to these AA Ronald mcdonald's crap.

I could care less about the players you listed since they're not in the same situation or even close to as good as Kobe is based on production or skill. Again, Kobe is severely underrated due to his hand injury and probably because he plays in Wisconsin. Dude looks like an NBA player already. Given that you admitted you have never watched him that's all I needed to know that you have no idea how good he is. At least watch a game or a single damn highlight before making judgement just based on their ranking. Youtube is your friend.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe was top 50 before he injured his hand at end of junior season. He missed some time then during what is usually one of the biggest times to get rated by scouts.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kobe King = Lebron + Kobe Bryant

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) I said average which is listed to the left. The average is the average score of each recruit in the class.
2.) That's because Kobe was the Gatorade Player of the year in WI :). Again at one point he was in the top 50 until he broke his hand which I believe played a role in him not being invited to these AA Ronald mcdonald's crap.

I could care less about the players you listed since they're not in the same situation or even close to as good as Kobe is based on production or skill. Again, Kobe is severely underrated due to his hand injury and probably because he plays in Wisconsin. Dude looks like an NBA player already. Given that you admitted you have never watched him that's all I needed to know that you have no idea how good he is. At least watch a game or a single damn highlight before making judgement just based on their ranking. Youtube is your friend.

That still doesn't equate to a top 15 class based on that either. Even if he was a top 50 player at one point(which I don't believe, because simply a broken hand wouldn't drop somebody over 100 spots) he still wouldn't be a one and done candidate. He'd be the rare exception of a kid ranked 26-50 to go one and done.

And watching a youtube video of his best moments isn't exactly something that will lead to a fair evaluation. He's a 6'3, 170 pound SG. That isn't exactly a "dude that looks like an NBA player already"

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That still doesn't equate to a top 15 class based on that either. Even if he was a top 50 player at one point(which I don't believe, because simply a broken hand wouldn't drop somebody over 100 spots) he still wouldn't be a one and done candidate. He'd be the rare exception of a kid ranked 26-50 to go one and done.

And watching a youtube video of his best moments isn't exactly something that will lead to a fair evaluation. He's a 6'3, 170 pound SG. That isn't exactly a "dude that looks like an NBA player already"

There were 12 teams with lower averages than UW. UW was ranked 27th but 12 teams above them had lower averages than them. Again, it would be even higher if Kobe wasn't drastically underrated.

He's 6'4" 190 lbs but looks and plays like he's 6'6 210 lbs and still has room to grow. His wingspan is 6'10". So he's basically a young D Wade in terms of size and as you seen by his highlights he can create his own shot and make amazing dunks over people. He also blocked two top 50 PF's in his highlights that I watched as well.

The time he broke his hand was when scouts are out to rank players the most. Again he was in the top 50 at one point and dropped like a rock. He still had a great senior season but is still incredibly underrated despite elite athleticism, skills, and production.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also you said Kobe wouldn't start for the Badgers. Well Zak is gone as he graduated, Jordan Hill transferrred. The only one else at SG that has played any minutes was Brevin and that was during garbage time or because of an injury. Brevin is just a great shooter at this point and doesn't have the all around skills or athleticism of Kobe. I gurantee Kobe will be the starter on day one with the Badgers. BOOKED

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were 12 teams with lower averages than UW.

He's 6'4" 190 lbs but looks and plays like he's 6'6 210 lbs and still has room to grow. His wingspan is 6'10". So he's basically a young D Wade in terms of size and as you seen by his highlights he can create his own shot and make amazing dunks over people. He also blocked two top 50 PF's in his highlights that I watched as well.

The time he broke his hand was when scouts are out to rank players the most. Again he was in the top 50 at one point and dropped like a rock. He still had a great senior season but is still incredibly underrated despite elite athleticism, skills, and production.

Then you can't count.

"Basically a young D Wade" :pound:

Let me guess when he doesn't average 10 ppg next season, it'll be the "system" that is slowing him down.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you can't count.

"Basically a young D Wade" :pound:

Let me guess when he doesn't average 10 ppg next season, it'll be the "system" that is slowing him down.

More like you can't count. Here's ocular evidence for you.

upload_2017-5-20_12-15-40.png

upload_2017-5-20_12-16-36.png

upload_2017-5-20_12-17-1.png

Again that's 12 teams that are ranked higher but have lower cumulative averages.

Learn how to read, I said a young D wade in Terms of size. D Wade was like 6'3" 200 lbs when he was in college.

I have no idea what his stat line will be but I know he will be starting for sure which means I will be right and you will be wrong as usual. The only thing holding him back is people like you that have no idea what they're talking (never even watched his highlights according to you) about and underrate him.

Please do your research or at least watch one damn highlight next time before running your mouth.

Next

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like you can't count. Here's ocular evidence for you.

View attachment 160159

View attachment 160160

View attachment 160161

Again that's 12 teams that are ranked higher but have lower cumulative averages.

Learn how to read, I said a young D wade in Terms of size. D Wade was like 6'3" 200 lbs when he was in college.

I have no idea what his stat line will be but I know he will be starting for sure which means I will be right and you will be wrong as usual. The only thing holding him back is people like you that have no idea what they're talking (never even watched his highlights according to you) about and underrate him.

Please do your research or at least watch one damn highlight next time before running your mouth.

Next

So you aren't going to count the teams that are cumulatively ranked lower but have a higher average when spouting off they are a top 15 average class? I'll make this easy. Wisconsin has an average of 93.81.

These are the teams that are above 93.81:

UK, Duke, Texas, Arizona, UCLA, Alabama, Missouri, Louisville, Miami, Oregon, Va. Tech, Providence, Creighton, Arizona State, Illinois, Michigan State, Notre Dame, St. Louis, and Maryland. That would put Wisconsin at 20...Yes I can count just fine.

I watch plenty of high school hoops. He wasn't good enough to make any of the All-Star stuff(which is predicated on your senior year) And(I'm assuming this) he probably played against shitty competition.

And, while I don't think he'll start, if he does, he won't be ready and Wisconsin will be worse off because of it. Just my opinion.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you aren't going to count the teams that are cumulatively ranked lower but have a higher average when spouting off they are a top 15 average class? I'll make this easy. Wisconsin has an average of 93.81.

UK, Duke, Texas, Arizona, UCLA, Alabama, Missouri, Louisville, Miami, Oregon, Va. Tech, Providence, Creighton, Arizona State, Illinois, Michigan State, Notre Dame, St. Louis, and Maryland. That would put Wisconsin at 20...Yes I can count just fine.

I watch plenty of high school hoops. He wasn't good enough to make any of the All-Star stuff(which is predicated on your senior year) And(I'm assuming this) he probably played against shitty competition.

And, while I don't think he'll start, if he does, he won't be ready and Wisconsin will be worse off because of it. Just my opinion.

While I did some research, throw in Washington, NC State, Gonzaga and Baylor while we're at it.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see since Illinois was ranked below them in the overall ranking but has a 0.04 higher average then you counted them which puts UW at 16th instead of 15th. Touche
Still a top 25 class in terms of average.

I'm guessing because he was out of Wisconsin he never had a chance to make any of these all star teams no matter how good or how well he played. Any Wisconsin player that makes the Mcdonald's team is almost always a PF or C. G's and F's never get in and despite this Wisconsin has done well with players like Decker, Bronson, Finley, Tucker, and Devin Harris. Some how they turned out to be great players despite not making these magical McDonald's teams.

Your opinion based off what exactly? What from all of his highlights and games makes you believe he won't be ready? Or are you just basing it off the fact that he's a freshmen? He has everything you could possibly want in a SG coming out of HS. His one weakness was a consistent three point jumper which he improved drastically from under 30% to 45% from three point range.

His production should've earned him a spot on these glorified all star teams with 28 ppg 9 reb 61% FG. I'm guessing either the fact that he's from Wisconsin or the competition isn't as great the bias kept him out. I did see highlights of games which he did play one on one vs top 100 players in state and out of state and got the better of them. There's a reason he was recruited by Stanford, Virginia, Marquette, Minnesota and Butler very early in his career.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see since Illinois was ranked below them in the overall ranking but has a 0.04 higher average then you counted them which puts UW at 16th instead of 15th. Touche
Still a top 25 class in terms of average.

I'm guessing because he was out of Wisconsin he never had a chance to make any of these all star teams no matter how good or how well he played. Any Wisconsin player that makes the Mcdonald's team is almost always a PF or C. G's and F's never get in and despite this Wisconsin has done well with players like Decker, Bronson, Finley, Tucker, and Devin Harris. Some how they turned out to be great players despite not making these magical McDonald's teams.

Your opinion based off what exactly? What from all of his highlights and games makes you believe he won't be ready? Or are you just basing it off the fact that he's a freshmen? He has everything you could possibly want in a SG coming out of HS. His one weakness was a consistent three point jumper which he improved drastically from under 30% to 45% from three point range.

His production should've earned him a spot on these glorified all star teams with 28 ppg 9 reb 61% FG. I'm guessing either the fact that he's from Wisconsin or the competition isn't as great the bias kept him out. I did see highlights of games which he did play one on one vs top 100 players in state and out of state and got the better of them. There's a reason he was recruited by Stanford, Virginia, Marquette, Minnesota and Butler very early in his career.

If he truly did play against shitty competition(which I have no clue, I was only guessing, but you seemed to confirm it) he won't be ready. If he was as elite of a player as you think he is, he wouldn't be sitting outside the top 150, injury or not. Harry Giles tore his ACL twice and was still a top 5 player, and injuring a hand is obviously much less severe.

Also, out of all those teams you mentioned only Marquette offered him. Don't you think elite programs would have recruited him if they thought he was so good?

I mean it's laughable you think this could be a 1 and done player.

Also, I'm not trying to shit on this player, but if he's a starter as a freshman, Wisconsin will be worse for it. If they don't have an upperclassman that can't be out a 3 star kid, it's going to be a struggle.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he truly did play against shitty competition(which I have no clue, I was only guessing, but you seemed to confirm it) he won't be ready. If he was as elite of a player as you think he is, he wouldn't be sitting outside the top 150, injury or not. Harry Giles tore his ACL twice and was still a top 5 player, and injuring a hand is obviously much less severe.

Also, out of all those teams you mentioned only Marquette offered him. Don't you think elite programs would have recruited him if they thought he was so good?

I mean it's laughable you think this could be a 1 and done player.

Also, I'm not trying to shit on this player, but if he's a starter as a freshman, Wisconsin will be worse for it. If they don't have an upperclassman that can't be out a 3 star kid, it's going to be a struggle.

Humans rank him and humans are notorious for underrating players especially Guards from Wisconsin. Don't forget he was in the top 50 at one point before the hand injury.

I can't say if his competition was weak or not but he did have games vs other top 100 players which he dominated the game. Giles isn't the same situation as he's a 6'10 PF from the east coast and was recruited by Duke. No way would he drop off the map after going to Duke.

I believe he also had an offer from Iowa St. Sure, more elite programs would be offering him if he wasn't so drastically underrated.

I never said he would be one and done but he has the talent to be a one and done more so than any other player I've watched with the Badgers. He's more NBA ready than anyone I've seen coming out of college since 2000 which includes Tucker, Harris, Hayes, Frank and Decker.

You're star watching instead of observing his talent and b-ball IQ. His body of work combined with all his game tape displays that he can easily be a starter for this team right now. I could care less about his stars. You'll see once you watch his first game how great this kid is. I'm normally called a negative Nancy since I'm the one that shit's on the new recruits, current players and coaches. However, this is the first player out of every player since 2000 that I believe can start right away.

I understand where you're coming from by looking at his stars, lack of interest in multiple elite programs and All Star appearances. I believe it's from being drastically underrated. He still won the state championship, was the highest rated player in the state with the same.

If he doesn't start for the Badgers then I'll admit I was wrong.