• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Complete List of Rule changes Approved By the Comp Committee

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with this rule related to the QB vs other position players, is that defensive players are already on eggshells as to what they can or cant or when they can or cant touch a QB.......Now you have to throw in the added dimension of whether that QB is down by contact, is he trying to get up and throw? Did he give himself up or not? Seems there is a lot of room for error/injury if you dont address it

Either way, Peyton Manning doing it in the playoffs is like the only time i saw this as an issue

I see the point there.... But yeah it rarely happens... Plus once someone is down all you have to do is touch them, so it's not a huge safety issue...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing good will come of this ejection rule. Get ready for a shit show next year. Well, a bigger shit show.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the touchback rule. Hate it. It's the NFL's blatant attempt to discourage kick off returns. Why not just do what is inevitable and eliminate the kick off entirely.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the touchback rule. Hate it. It's the NFL's blatant attempt to discourage kick off returns. Why not just do what is inevitable and eliminate the kick off entirely.

That's their plan, they're just easing everyone into it. LOL at these rules being 1 year experiments. They're going to force them in permanently one way or another.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That will make the end of the game a real dud for a team down 10 with 2 minutes to go.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ejection rule is awful too. If it was for defenseless players hits only, I would be fine.

If a player gets called for 2 lame personal foul on a QB he is going to get ejected? Like seriously

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the Carolina proposal didn't get passed.
Its weird that people are fixating on the Peyton Manning rule as if Alex Smith isn't the perfect type of QB to exploit this kind of thing. I really wanted the other Chiefs proposal to go through but it looks like NFL teams will just have another wrinkle to look at when it comes to goal line scenarios.

But that Carolina rule proposal isn't some rule that would happen once every couple of months. Not allowing QBs to throw the ball away once outside the pocket would fundamentally change the game and we've all seen how bad oline play has gotten.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ejection rule is awful too. If it was for defenseless players hits only, I would be fine.

If a player gets called for 2 lame personal foul on a QB he is going to get ejected? Like seriously

Really? Seems like that one gets called incorrectly more than any other foul. At this point they might as well rename that penalty "hitting too hard". Not sure reviewing them helps either just based on what I've seen in college football.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a big difference between just a Personal Foul and Unsportsmanlike Conduct that I think people aren't understanding.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's their plan, they're just easing everyone into it. LOL at these rules being 1 year experiments. They're going to force them in permanently one way or another.

Yeah as long as the NFL keeps getting the information back that kickoffs create much higher injury rates than any other play, they will work to reduce the number of them.

On the unsportsmanlike conduct, I doubt we even see this needed, but I like it. There were a total of 87 of those called last year. One every 6 games for an average team. If the SAME players gets two in a game, he is booted. That means 1 player getting more in a single game than 9 teams did all year. 1 player getting more in a single game than Baltimore, Jax, NE, and Washington did in their entire seasons COMBINED.

Last year no player got more than 2 of those in the season.

The only two I can find last year who this would have affected...

Brian Orakpo vs. the Saints. Helmet to helmet shot against Brees. He fought and argued it, got an unsportsmanlike penalty, and stayed out there yelling at the refs until they gave him another and booted him from the game.

Jahlele Addae in a game against the Ravens. This is the only person NOT booted from a game who would have been in all of 2015 under the new rule.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah as long as the NFL keeps getting the information back that kickoffs create much higher injury rates than any other play, they will work to reduce the number of them.

On the unsportsmanlike conduct, I doubt we even see this needed, but I like it. There were a total of 87 of those called last year. One every 6 games for an average team. If the SAME players gets two in a game, he is booted. That means 1 player getting more in a single game than 9 teams did all year. 1 player getting more in a single game than Baltimore, Jax, NE, and Washington did in their entire seasons COMBINED.

Last year no player got more than 2 of those in the season.

The only two I can find last year who this would have affected...

Brian Orakpo vs. the Saints. Helmet to helmet shot against Brees. He fought and argued it, got an unsportsmanlike penalty, and stayed out there yelling at the refs until they gave him another and booted him from the game.

Jahlele Addae in a game against the Ravens. This is the only person NOT booted from a game who would have been in all of 2015 under the new rule.
ODB got 3 unsportsmanlike penalties against Carolina

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ODB got 3 unsportsmanlike penalties against Carolina

Nope he got an offensive PI and a couple unnecessary roughness penalties.

Could have been easily called unsportsmanlike (which are more after the play type stuff, punching, etc... More after the play stuff.. which this was.

Unnecessary roughness is usually the late hits, head on targeting, grabbing and twisting a facemask in a play, the QB protection rules.

Unsportsmanlike is more outside of the play things. Calling a timeout to freeze a kicker when you don't have one. Punching after a play, berating the refs, taunting an opponent, removing your helmet, etc.

Newhouse the Giants guard was the only one on that team with an unsportsmanlike which happened late in the Miami game.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope he got an offensive PI and a couple unnecessary roughness penalties.

Could have been easily called unsportsmanlike (which are more after the play type stuff, punching, etc... More after the play stuff.. which this was.

Unnecessary roughness is usually the late hits, head on targeting, grabbing and twisting a facemask in a play, the QB protection rules.

Unsportsmanlike is more outside of the play things. Calling a timeout to freeze a kicker when you don't have one. Punching after a play, berating the refs, taunting an opponent, removing your helmet, etc.

Newhouse the Giants guard was the only one on that team with an unsportsmanlike which happened late in the Miami game.
Thanks, I read a blog yesterday saying he got three. It will be interesting to see if the start calling the in between play PFs Unsportsmanlike more than in years past. The rule is to lesson the extra bullshit that goes on, not take away from the game itself.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, I read a blog yesterday saying he got three. It will be interesting to see if the start calling the in between play PFs Unsportsmanlike more than in years past. The rule is to lesson the extra bullshit that goes on, not take away from the game itself.

Yeah it seems this is less about actual targeting and dangerous hits and more about the outside of the play sportsmanship things. Everything I read says it is unsportsmanlike, not unnecesary roughness.