• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Competition Committee update

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure...expand the trapezoid when it doesn't matter for the Devils anymore.

Figures.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yea, go figure. Now that Marty's career is winding down, lets change the trapezoid.

I do agree with embellishment. I don't want to see guys go down like in soccer. Hockey players always had this tough reputation, and they have to do whatever possible to eliminate diving.
Here is an idea.
Every dive, fine the player, and the coach. I have a feeling certain coaches encourage a little embellishment at times.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
they want to fix the dives? here is a crazy idea CALL THE DIVE! don't call a dual penalty!

i've only seen a dive called alone a handful of times and they have had the rule for YEARS now.

so they want to make the long change in overtime? makes sense i remember reading that the 2nd period is the highest scoring period. heres a strange question then.....why dont they swap the 1st and 3rd and make them long changes? you would have 2 periods plus overtime of "high scoring" potential

anyone in favor of a coaches challenge its not a smart move. it works in the nfl because they have time between downs to actually look at a replay and can determine if its a valid play to check. also you have more then 1 timeout in football. hockey you only have 1 timeout for the whole game!

want to send goalie interference to toronto for review? why? its still a pure judgement call. the ref sees it on the ice and interprets it his way. same will happen when you send it for review. the rule isn't black and white like it is with a high stick or stuff like that. want to make it clear cut? then change the rule to if you touch the goalie and a puck goes in say in 2 seconds from it. no goal

Last edited by a moderator:

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cory trying to make sure we see less shootouts. Thank god.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next thing you know they will bring back the red line lol you could say the devils have acted a few rule changes over the years

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree wholeheartedly with cup. Just call the dive. Guys will stop faking it if they know their antics will wipe out any legitimate penalty.