• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comp picks.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sources (so no one claims fake news ;) ) are Cbs sports mobile and the score mobile

Picks are 102 and 106 (both 3rd)

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow thats amazing, i didnt think you could get more than a single 3rd comp.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news for the Seahawks. Got a chuckle out of the "fake news" comment, Fudge been spending time on the politics forum obviously.:dhd:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason the NFL decided to include the entire Russell Okung contract instead of just viewing it as a 1-year deal with a 4-year option like it was actually designed. Good chance the Broncos actually fight the NFL on this one and see if they can get it changed. In the past the NFL has never counted option years when trying to figure out Comp picks. Not sure what changed this year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason the NFL decided to include the entire Russell Okung contract instead of just viewing it as a 1-year deal with a 4-year option like it was actually designed. Good chance the Broncos actually fight the NFL on this one and see if they can get it changed. In the past the NFL has never counted option years when trying to figure out Comp picks. Not sure what changed this year.
Well Seahawks fans are pretty happy. That will teach the Broncos to try to get tricky with contracts. Has the NFL ever reversed a comp pick decision? I don't recall that ever happening, but then I don't pay that much attention to the over all process of comp picks.:yes:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Seahawks fans are pretty happy. That will teach the Broncos to try to get tricky with contracts. Has the NFL ever reversed a comp pick decision? I don't recall that ever happening, but then I don't pay that much attention to the over all process of comp picks.:yes:

They have reversed comp picks in the past. Just a couple of years ago they reversed one that again hurt the Broncos where they took one away after a team wasn't happy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have reversed comp picks in the past. Just a couple of years ago they reversed one that again hurt the Broncos where they took one away after a team wasn't happy.

They did? Details would be nice. Also a few other examples of the NFL changing comp decisions would be helpful.:nod:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news for the Seahawks. Got a chuckle out of the "fake news" comment, Fudge been spending time on the politics forum obviously.:dhd:

Maybe.........

I will admit to ruffling a few feathers.

xM9QO.gif

Before people get me wrong(Family members have already). My politcal ideals Aline with Center-Right.

but back to the topic. I think these picks should be used on DT and S but i "trust the process"

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought comp picks were based on how the player played that year vs our player who took over that spot? Anyways, two thirds are nice to replenish the depth we so badly need.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought comp picks were based on how the player played that year vs our player who took over that spot? Anyways, two thirds are nice to replenish the depth we so badly need.
Based on pay. Smiling widely over getting 2 third round picks.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So based on pay then it would make sense for a third for RO since he got paid probably more then our entire o-line.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is 100% conjecture as nobody actually knows the formula they use, but how many contracts even have FOUR option years? thats probably why they gave out the picks the way they did.

he signed a 5 year deal worth $10m per and thats how they counted it.

considering we wont really lose anybody in FA this year, seems like the right year to make one big move.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is 100% conjecture as nobody actually knows the formula they use, but how many contracts even have FOUR option years? thats probably why they gave out the picks the way they did.

considering we wont really lose anybody in FA this year, seems like the right year to make one big move.

Yes it does.:nod:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know what would be awesome is to not only get that comp pick, but sign Okung to a reasonable offer.:pound:
I could get on board with that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Cdumler7 doesn't have any examples for us.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My politcal ideals Aline with Center-Right.

As a very conservative Mormon poli-sci prof I had back in the day (who eventually had the ear of the conservative political machine in Alberta) pointed out to me in class, a Canadian conservative has much more in common with an American liberal than they do with an American conservative.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just because it is secret doesn't mean we can't notice patterns. Players have had option years not count in the past.