• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coming Q4 2015: Sling TV - Stream ESPN, etc. for $20/month!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awesome!

Live sports and that gay shit my gf likes to watch is what keeps me paying for cable now.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you get that plus Netflix or Hulu, you really could cut cable/sat pretty easily. Also toss in a digital antenna for local channels (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX).

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has anybody actually done this and do you recommend it?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used it a couple months.

Not a baseball fan and I did it in summer, in that post-hockey basketball and pre-NFL time period.

I watched a few sportscenters and shows on ESPN. The best part was they only do the "This is sportscenter" commercials which never get old to me.

I ended dropping it after a couple months because I never watched it, got NFL replay (I watch all the games), and watch other sports at friends houses or the bar.

I might have held on longer if NBA on TNT or ESPN football was on. But at that point, it was a no-go for me.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has anybody actually done this and do you recommend it?

I have been doing this since september of last year.

The only downside as far as the streaming and sports goes is that there is about a 1 minute delay on the stream vs the live. I'll see people post what happens before it actually happens when I'm reading a game thread while posting.

But that's only ESPN games. I get anything on the major networks over antenna, and there is no delay.

The other major downside is the only allow 1 stream at a time, even if it's under the same IP address. Which is total fucking bullshit.

It sounds like it would be worth it during the football season but a waste of $20 outside of that.

I thought so as well, but I'm still digging the SEC Network for basketball. I've never been able to watch so many Alabama basketball games. I've gone from only being able to see 2 or 3 games a year if I am lucky to basically watching every single game so long as I'm home.

But I'll probably cancel until football season after basketball is over. I'll get to complain about the 1 stream per account bullshit.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been doing this since september of last year.

The only downside as far as the streaming and sports goes is that there is about a 1 minute delay on the stream vs the live. I'll see people post what happens before it actually happens when I'm reading a game thread while posting.

But that's only ESPN games. I get anything on the major networks over antenna, and there is no delay.

The other major downside is the only allow 1 stream at a time, even if it's under the same IP address. Which is total fucking bullshit.

I thought so as well, but I'm still digging the SEC Network for basketball. I've never been able to watch so many Alabama basketball games. I've gone from only being able to see 2 or 3 games a year if I am lucky to basically watching every single game so long as I'm home.

But I'll probably cancel until football season after basketball is over. I'll get to complain about the 1 stream per account bullshit.

ESPN does that to me on their AP as well. I've tried to watch a few games using it and it's always been delayed for me. I know it's only a minute or so but I can't stand that!

Wouldn't really care about the only 1 stream since it's just me and my fiance and if she doesn't like what I am watching she'll just go on her laptop