• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy SILVER out of Calgary

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REUNITED AND IT FEELS SO GOOD!!!

carlyle-3_jpg_1381076gm-b.jpg

RSCN8169.JPG

:trash:

DyYHbIn.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Informal poll of Flames fans - AV leading the way as the new head coach choice, Dutter in second, and Trotz in third.

coach_poll.png

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I see someone else in the poll, this immediately came to mind...

giphy.gif

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If GG thinks one bad month cost him his coaching job, well I don't know what to say - The team barely made the playoffs last year (thanks to one hot streak) and have been terribly inconsistent over the two years he has presided as head coach.

“I can’t see why I wouldn’t have (remained) the head coach up until Feb. 27,” he added later. “And then we had a bad month. We had a bad month with some injuries and we fell short of making the playoffs, and now I’m not the coach anymore. Up until about the trade deadline, we were a playoff hockey team. We would have been a playoff team for the second straight year.

“So trade deadline, we’re looking at hitting it for two in a row. That month, we get injuries, and now you’re gone. That’s how short your leash can be.”

Fired coach insists Flames are on brink of greatness

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Bill Peters is the new head coach of the Calgary Flames - I hope Treliving knows what he's doing.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Bill Peters is the new head coach of the Calgary Flames - I hope Treliving knows what he's doing.

Not much success in pro hockey (AHL+NHL) as a head coach.

On the other hand some of the young players have really developed well in Carolina and he has had success in junior. Maybe a good teaching coach for young players. Is that a good fit in Calgary though? I guess we're going to find out.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much success in pro hockey (AHL+NHL) as a head coach.

On the other hand some of the young players have really developed well in Carolina and he has had success in junior. Maybe a good teaching coach for young players. Is that a good fit in Calgary though? I guess we're going to find out.

He will be coaching Canada at the upcoming World Hockey Championships in Denmark, maybe a preview of the style of hockey he wants his team to play.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure why they made the move so fast. You have to figure at least one or two other choices could become available by the time the cup is awarded.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why they made the move so fast. You have to figure at least one or two other choices could become available by the time the cup is awarded.

My guess is that Treliving was closely monitoring the situation in Carolina and identified Peters as his guy (they did work together at the World Hockey Championships back in 2016 as Peters was coach and Treliving was GM). I think there's a certain style of play that Treliving wants his team to play and due to the fact that Peters was an assistant coach under Babcock in Detroit for a few seasons, that was another checkbox that was ticked. I can't say I'm all that excited about the hire, but at least Gulutzan is gone.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
He will be coaching Canada at the upcoming World Hockey Championships in Denmark, maybe a preview of the style of hockey he wants his team to play.
so as long as the Flames play Latvia, Denmark and South Korea half of their games, they should be great!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, on another board regarding this emergency landing, somebody posted the following:

How much would it cost the pilot for all the emergency responses and road closure? Is it that dire the plane can't land at the airport, which is probably just a minute or two away.

Um, if you read the article, the fuel pump was toast, so yes it was that dire.

Also, :wtf:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, on another board regarding this emergency landing, somebody posted the following:

How much would it cost the pilot for all the emergency responses and road closure? Is it that dire the plane can't land at the airport, which is probably just a minute or two away.

Um, if you read the article, the fuel pump was toast, so yes it was that dire.

Also, :wtf:
He does understand that aircraft are insured, right?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's hoping Peters can rediscover the magic in Calgary. Guy is a fan favorite in Spokane.