• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy SILVER out of Calgary

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great sign at the Saddledome tonight...

DQFmdtKVQAA-uYH.jpg:small

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
young ktachuk sure seems to be in the middle of shit frequently

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Francis is such a shill for Murray Edwards and the other Flames owners...

Critics suggest the well-heeled owners should build the proposed $555 million arena with their pocket change.

The critical mass simply isn’t there to fill the building often enough, which is why a public/private partnership works best for a venue to be used to host so many world-class events Calgarians would benefit from.

Well, should work best.

Forget about the nuances of what each side last offered to chip in for the project before the Flames walked away from what they saw as a futile endeavor.

The bottom line is, who wants it more?

The answer is Houston, which is where my money says the Flames will be within the next three years.

Francis: 150 million more reasons for Flames owners to sell

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While profitable, the Flames lose ground on all 30 NHL rivals every day they stay in the 34-year-old Saddledome where the team has maxed out the revenue it can generate.

That is such a ridiculous fucking statement. If your "maxed out" revenue is still higher than the realistic revenue ceiling of let's say at least 10 of the other teams in the league then there is literally no possible way in which the Flames are "losing ground" to these ten teams.

This line is funny too:

isn’t helping the mayor, who only got 51% of the vote in October.

Uh, he got 8% more of the vote than the second-place guy. 8% is a lot of fucking votes.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While profitable, the Flames lose ground on all 30 NHL rivals every day they stay in the 34-year-old Saddledome where the team has maxed out the revenue it can generate.

That is such a ridiculous fucking statement. If your "maxed out" revenue is still higher than the realistic revenue ceiling of let's say at least 10 of the other teams in the league then there is literally no possible way in which the Flames are "losing ground" to these ten teams.

This line is funny too:

isn’t helping the mayor, who only got 51% of the vote in October.

Uh, he got 8% more of the vote than the second-place guy. 8% is a lot of fucking votes.

It's pretty easy to see Francis' motivation BBB, if the Flames leave town, he'll be pumping gas at a Petro-Canada station.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I was listening, but I was told that Eric Francis was being carved up pretty good on TSN 1040 Vancouver radio earlier today (aka the cesspool).

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a very excited tweet from my good friend about this (he and another friend of ours coached him in Midget). Good luck to him.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a very excited tweet from my good friend about this (he and another friend of ours coached him in Midget). Good luck to him.

I just realized I wrote "tweet" here instead of "text", but you guys figured it out I'm sure.