• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy SILVER out of Calgary

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to poke the Bishop.

voodoo-doll-los-angeles-kings.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20. Lightning GM Steve Yzerman called Los Angeles “the only taker” for Ben Bishop. Calgary was involved to some degree, but the Kings were ready when Yzerman needed his final answer. Bishop has said he thought he was going to Alberta last summer, and it’s believed the Flames were preparing a six-year offer in the $36M range. But that crumbled at the end, and, well, I’ve gotten in enough fights the last three weeks.

Wonder if Stevie overplayed his hand here. One thing's for sure, had he traded Bishop anywhere last summer when he should have, when he was a Vezina finalist, the return was going to be better than what he got.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20. Lightning GM Steve Yzerman called Los Angeles “the only taker” for Ben Bishop. Calgary was involved to some degree, but the Kings were ready when Yzerman needed his final answer. Bishop has said he thought he was going to Alberta last summer, and it’s believed the Flames were preparing a six-year offer in the $36M range. But that crumbled at the end, and, well, I’ve gotten in enough fights the last three weeks.

Wonder if Stevie overplayed his hand here. One thing's for sure, had he traded Bishop anywhere last summer when he should have, when he was a Vezina finalist, the return was going to be better than what he got.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about Bishop that just rubs me the wrong way. At any rate, I'm just glad the Flames didn't make a huge dollar commitment to him last summer and decided to stick with the goalies they currently have for this season.

/This Parsons kid playing in London could be the real deal.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about Bishop that just rubs me the wrong way. At any rate, I'm just glad the Flames didn't make a huge dollar commitment to him last summer and decided to stick with the goalies they currently have for this season.

/This Parsons kid playing in London could be the real deal.
Have the Knights ever produced a good/great NHL goalie? Asking honestly.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know off the top of my head, to be honest.
I only wonder because I feel like their consistent dominance of the OHL might lend itself to making goalies look exceptional sometimes.

Of course, with goalies it's almost always a freakin crap shoot.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kent Wilson‏@Kent_Wilson
Troy Bouwer has a CF of 0% through 2 periods. Flames outshot 0-13 with him on the ice at 5on5.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Elliott will play well down the stretch, knowing that he isn't THE guy. He might get most of the starts but he's not an official #1, if that makes sense. That always seems to put him at ease.

He's certainly capable of good play for 1-2 months. I have a feeling, after watching him against Ottawa and Minny that he's going to play well for a while.

Just my gut feeling after watching him over the years. :2cents:

Brian Elliott with back-to-back bagels.

And THAT'S why you watch Kenny's CORNER!!!!!

9ccd5360cabe37912626de3079b0de2d.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice backhanded swipe at Calgary by Bettman - What's the matter Gary, still smarting from the Nenshi jab?

After making his first trip to Rogers Place in Edmonton, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman already has high hopes for the league’s newest arena.

“I believe we should have a draft here, I believe we should have an All-Star Game here,” Bettman said on Tuesday, before the Edmonton Oilers hosted the Dallas Stars.

Bettman, who facilitated a deal between the City of Edmonton and Oilers ownership that led to the construction of the $480-million arena, had one caveat, though. He wants the Ice District, the entertainment district that surrounds the arena, to be completely finished before the league brings its event to town. The area is currently under construction.

“I would like to see the entire Ice District complete, because when we do that and when we show off Edmonton and the Ice District to the world, I would like it to be done,” said Bettman. “Depending on the pace of construction and everything else, we would be thrilled to bring our league events here.”

The commissioner also offered his thoughts on the Oilers, who are enjoying a strong season and are in the hunt for a Western Conference playoff spot.

"It's a bit of fun to see the team perform better than it has in the last few years in the first year in its new home," he said. "Maybe some people would say there is a connection between the two."

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice backhanded swipe at Calgary by Bettman - What's the matter Gary, still smarting from the Nenshi jab?

After making his first trip to Rogers Place in Edmonton, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman already has high hopes for the league’s newest arena.

“I believe we should have a draft here, I believe we should have an All-Star Game here,” Bettman said on Tuesday, before the Edmonton Oilers hosted the Dallas Stars.

Bettman, who facilitated a deal between the City of Edmonton and Oilers ownership that led to the construction of the $480-million arena, had one caveat, though. He wants the Ice District, the entertainment district that surrounds the arena, to be completely finished before the league brings its event to town. The area is currently under construction.

“I would like to see the entire Ice District complete, because when we do that and when we show off Edmonton and the Ice District to the world, I would like it to be done,” said Bettman. “Depending on the pace of construction and everything else, we would be thrilled to bring our league events here.”

The commissioner also offered his thoughts on the Oilers, who are enjoying a strong season and are in the hunt for a Western Conference playoff spot.

"It's a bit of fun to see the team perform better than it has in the last few years in the first year in its new home," he said. "Maybe some people would say there is a connection between the two."
Okay, you got me. Where's the swipe? Just him in general praising the arena and the surrounding development?

I see that more as just him doing his thing with the knowledge that four teams (that I can think of right now) are trying to get new barns built, including the Flames, three of those at least are trying to get public money to do so at a time when giving public money to sports teams isn't really in season.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, you got me. Where's the swipe? Just him in general praising the arena and the surrounding development?

I just read it as you bilk citizens out of private money to build a fancy smancy new arena and the league will reward you with events. If you don't, don't expect the league to do you any favo(u)rs.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read it as you bilk citizens out of private money to build a fancy smancy new arena and the league will reward you with events. If you don't, don't expect the league to do you any favo(u)rs.
Yeah, that's pretty much it but that is kinda in his job description.

It at least makes sense when he's aiming it at a city like Calgary. Sounds much more ridiculous when he's threatening the greater Phoenix area about losing their hockey team that they just learned existed and also who's this little man threatening me and my well-armed militia?