• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is they'll trade whichever draws the most interest, plug another into the backup role and leave one at Ricoh.

I guess there's a good shot McBackup stays with the Leafs. Maybe Sparks gets some serious interest from a goalie-needy team. One that might have a good RD to trade in return, who maybe just picked the puck outta his own net last night...

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is they'll trade whichever draws the most interest, plug another into the backup role and leave one at Ricoh.

I guess there's a good shot McBackup stays with the Leafs. Maybe Sparks gets some serious interest from a goalie-needy team. One that might have a good RD to trade in return, who maybe just picked the puck outta his own net last night...

I'd probably try to move one and sneak McEhlhinney through on waivers at the end of camp. Or if you want to keep McEhlhinney you can try to pass the AHLer you kept, end of camp would be the time to try it either way.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably try to move one and sneak McEhlhinney through on waivers at the end of camp. Or if you want to keep McEhlhinney you can try to pass the AHLer you kept, end of camp would be the time to try it either way.

I see Pickard is RFA for next year. Assuming he is resigned by TOR, would he have to clear waivers if he is not with the Leafs? :noidea:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Leafs are pretty much guaranteed to start the playoffs on Thursday - both the Garden (Kygo concert) and Amalie (Lorde) are booked on Wednesday. Started on a Thursday last year, too.

At least it lines up a nice HNIC Saturday.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Friedman:

1. From time to time, the NHL receives inquiries from potential ownership groups. During the expansion process that spawned the Vegas Golden Knights, one Canadian group reached out with a question: Would you consider another franchise in the Toronto area? Created by Pasquale (Pat) Paletta as a beef slaughter and meatpacking operation in 1951, Paletta International expanded into real estate and construction. It’s not imminent, and it’s far from certain, but, according to several sources, the NHL and the Palettas have continued to discuss the possibility. Key to its conversations is land the family owns in Burlington, west of Toronto. It is believed the family would build the arena where a potential team would play. Pat’s son Angelo is the point person on the project. Attempts to reach him were politely declined.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
making room for an arena, no douybt
It would be one way of going at it - the plant was pretty much shut down at the time because of "machine maintenance" so there weren't many people inside, and it's odd that a fire gets that out of control at modern industrial facilities considering how stringent the fire code is.

On the one hand it's a pretty isolated site for an arena - it's pretty much entirely residential around there save for industrial/warehouse strip just south of the highway and pretty far from downtown Burlington which is kinda lively - but it is about as close to the eastern border of the city (and thus closer to Toronto) as can be. Who knows.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be one way of going at it - the plant was pretty much shut down at the time because of "machine maintenance" so there weren't many people inside, and it's odd that a fire gets that out of control at modern industrial facilities considering how stringent the fire code is.

On the one hand it's a pretty isolated site for an arena - it's pretty much entirely residential around there save for industrial/warehouse strip just south of the highway and pretty far from downtown Burlington which is kinda lively - but it is about as close to the eastern border of the city (and thus closer to Toronto) as can be. Who knows.

I don't know who knows, but I know someone who'd better stop asking so many fucking questions.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who knows, but I know someone who'd better stop asking so many fucking questions.

schultz-300x225.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three years ago today, the Leafs fired Nonis, Horachek and everybody else in the front office.

Today, they start a playoff series. This is the second year in a row they get to do that.

We've come a long, long way in a short time. Buds all day, man.