• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile in Kingston...

A 42-year-old Kingston, Ont., woman is facing charges after being found naked in a stranger's bathtub Sunday evening.

Kingston police said a woman returned home around 6:15 p.m. to find the unclothed intruder in her otherwise empty tub.

The naked woman tried to convince the complainant that she was her new roommate, Kingston police said.

When police arrived, the woman was still in the bathtub.

She was held in Kingston police custody overnight and has been charged with unlawfully being in a dwelling and two counts of breaching probation.
This belongs in the Ottawa thread.

v6kug0.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://nypost.com/2018/01/20/nhls-decision-to-embrace-kid-rock-is-mystifying-offensive/

There was something distinctive about the way the Maple Leafs strutted their skill a year ago...The young swashbucklers took their talents to Game 7 of the first round against the Presidents’ Trophy-winning Caps.

Wrong.

Which would appear to make it more conceivable that a party such as the Rangers might be able to pry Nylander away as part of a blockbuster that would send a defenseman as stout as Ryan McDonagh the other way.

Wronger.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://nypost.com/2018/01/20/nhls-decision-to-embrace-kid-rock-is-mystifying-offensive/

There was something distinctive about the way the Maple Leafs strutted their skill a year ago...The young swashbucklers took their talents to Game 7 of the first round against the Presidents’ Trophy-winning Caps.

Wrong.

Which would appear to make it more conceivable that a party such as the Rangers might be able to pry Nylander away as part of a blockbuster that would send a defenseman as stout as Ryan McDonagh the other way.

Wronger.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wrong.

Wronger.

I believe this is the first time I read a Larry Brooks column. Now I see what you all mean when you speak of his hockey knowledge.

:crazy:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Babcock better not even think about splitting up Kadri and Marner.

Leo was so much better playing 10 minutes on the 4th line.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I am not sold on Carrick, I will give him props for standing up to Roussel last night. Not even close to his weight class, but he hung in there.

I expect Martin was taking notes for the next game in TOR.

Babcock better not even think about splitting up Kadri and Marner.

Leo was so much better playing 10 minutes on the 4th line.

Agreed, I liked the forward lines last night. And they all played decently.

Considering Reilly and Zaitsev were out, Gardiner's gonna Gardiner and Borgman is still finding his way, the back end held up alright.

Props also to Curtis for a really good game. He seems to be the luckiest SOB goalie when he is in there, but it gets the job done.

I think the team in general is coming out of that mid-season funk.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I am not sold on Carrick, I will give him props for standing up to Roussel last night. Not even close to his weight class, but he hung in there.

I expect Martin was taking notes for the next game in TOR.

Agreed, I liked the forward lines last night. And they all played decently.

Considering Reilly and Zaitsev were out, Gardiner's gonna Gardiner and Borgman is still finding his way, the back end held up alright.

Props also to Curtis for a really good game. He seems to be the luckiest SOB goalie when he is in there, but it gets the job done.

I think the team in general is coming out of that mid-season funk.
I think they held up better than alright - Gardiner has 9 pts in 5 games lol.

Best pairs when Rielly and Zaitsev get back to me would be Rielly-Hainsey, Gardiner-Dermott & Borgman-Zaitsev.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Background: Business owners are pissed off because King St. in downtown Toronto was all but closed down to cars as of December. This is their latest protest lol:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
2002 Winter Olympics, a bunch of us were watching the gold medal game at the Legion, as they were the only ones who would serve beer at 9am.
After the game ended, we stumbled into the streets for celebrations, and a street hockey game had broken out on Robson Street (between Art Gallery and courts).
Police arrived on scene as we were walking past, and proceeded to set up at either end of the block to divert traffic so as not to interrupt the game.

It was the proudest I have ever been of Vancouver.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they yell "CAR" as the streetcar showed up?

/inquiring minds have to know
I think they actually did lol

2002 Winter Olympics, a bunch of us were watching the gold medal game at the Legion, as they were the only ones who would serve beer at 9am.
After the game ended, we stumbled into the streets for celebrations, and a street hockey game had broken out on Robson Street (between Art Gallery and courts).
Police arrived on scene as we were walking past, and proceeded to set up at either end of the block to divert traffic so as not to interrupt the game.

I feel like road hockey is almost non-existent here these days. I see kids playing in their driveways and tennis courts but never on the road.

Some residential areas in the core of the city outright ban it and I guess wuss law-abiding parents are to blame for making their kids follow the rules but even in the outer boroughs and in the suburbs when I go visit friends and family I rarely encounter it anymore.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wasn't 2002 an early afternoon game in Utah? You guys start drinking early? :wink:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Wasn't 2002 an early afternoon game in Utah? You guys start drinking early? :wink:
i think I got my year right, but didn't double check. I'm old and it was a long time ago
whichever one was where Lemieux let the pass from Sakic through his legs to get to Kariya
think it was 5-2 final over USA.

but yes, we most certainly started drinking early,

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now we know who the #3 was saved for !

Trivia - who was the only draft pick of TOR before CHI took Justin Holl in the second round of the 2010 draft?

(hint, he never played a game in the NHL)